Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 9 of 78 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 43 ... 78  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 9 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:37 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:First off....how much does a replacement frig cost?    and how old. My snl put in a real refrigerator.   Not only is it bigger, it is better BUT he had to do some restructuring to make it work.  I do not recommend that for you.   These little things are generally expensive.   Intentionally.
Lol. Go ask The Captain if The fridge in the RV is dual use and runs on propane too.

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 9 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:52 pm

Yeah, the one that's in is tri-fueled - 120v, 12v, and propane.

None of them work. The propane ALMOST lit - I got a whump, and the flu was momentarily hot, but it went out.

The propane knobs are all stiff from disuse.

There's a standard household plug the refrigerator used to plug into the trailer wiring harness - for removal. I tried plugging the fridge into an extension cord to a power source. Nothing.

Ice, is okay - if you have a setup for it. I have a free cooler I got out of the trash years ago - but it takes up space (I have it with me; but I was using it to carry crap, like a box) and there's no way to keep the stuff out of water. I can prop things up; but not while I'm traveling.

An ice box with a chest for ice inside, would be mostly okay; but then there's resale value...and the fridge may not be terminal, just stubborn from non-use.

But I guess now's not the best time to make these decisions. Ergo, I cancel that service call...and if he's not picking up the phone, I leave a day early.

Sorry for the thread-jack. I thought this was the other "chat" thread, when I posted it.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:53 pm

It is dual use. When i priced one 7 or so years ago...that little thing was 1500. Who knows what they are now. STill if it isn't too old Casey....is it a wiring problem?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:59 pm

I haven't figured it out.

What you're thinking is what I was thinking, at first - fix the problem; the mobile guy does that, makes calls. He knows the brand, right off. So I pay a little and it works.

Except that there's little to fix. There's just parts to replace, and some will be standard, and some specific. Specific, he'll have to order. So I could wind up with a bill for $300 to learn, it's broken and needs Part X.

And my luck is ALWAYS negative that way. That's why I don't gamble - I know how it ends, with me losing.

So, it seems, the smartest plan is to leave it be, or find a shop that can take me quickly.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:41 pm

Casey Jones wrote:I haven't figured it out.

What you're thinking is what I was thinking, at first - fix the problem; the mobile guy does that, makes calls.  He knows the brand, right off.  So I pay a little and it works.

Except that there's little to fix.  There's just parts to replace, and some will be standard, and some specific.  Specific, he'll have to order.  So I could wind up with a bill for $300 to learn, it's broken and needs Part X.

And my luck is ALWAYS negative that way.  That's why I don't gamble - I know how it ends, with me losing.

So, it seems, the smartest plan is to leave it be, or find a shop that can take me quickly.

No. There is no problem . Only a fake solution . No broken parts .

All three options should work .

You might wanna go take the panel off the propane line at the trailer and make sure all the line valves are cut on, to the propane heater, ect.

You should not only have adequate heat there, and it takes only miniscule amount of DC fan to blow it. Especially in that small area.

You'd be wasting $150 or more for that bastards son in law to f@ck you.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:53 pm

Odell Beckham. LSU. Boo. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:52 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

What you're thinking is what I was thinking, at first - fix the problem; the mobile guy does that, makes calls.  He knows the brand, right off.  So I pay a little and it works.

Except that there's little to fix.  There's just parts to replace, and some will be standard, and some specific.  Specific, he'll have to order.  So I could wind up with a bill for $300 to learn, it's broken and needs Part X.

And my luck is ALWAYS negative that way.  That's why I don't gamble - I know how it ends, with me losing.

You might wanna go take the panel off the propane  line at the trailer and make sure all the line valves are cut on, to the propane heater, ect.

You should not only have adequate heat there,  and it takes only miniscule amount of DC fan to blow it. Especially in that small area.

I wish I could be sure of that.

My tanks are full, and my furnace and stove both work. The fuse for the 12v electric is right there and intact. I haven't found a plug-in to test the 120v connection; but...the others are dummied up.

I have an indication of what's going on with the propane: Lack of use and extreme conditions. This trailer went to Alaska with previous owners. There's that grey dust everywhere in closed areas - like the back cabinet where the fridge controls are. The instructions for lighting the propane are on the controller; but...I'm supposed to press in the control knob to override the auto shut-off on the gas with no heat. The knob is so stiff I almost bent the housing pressing it in, and then had to pull it back out by hand. That's when it lit and went out.

So. Just to get the propane working, I'll need a new controller knob and maybe a new sparker-lighter.

The 120v setup is going to be far more complicated. I don't CARE about the 12v system; that's a pain to deal with, anyway.

But this is not the time, I think.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:58 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

You might wanna go take the panel off the propane  line at the trailer and make sure all the line valves are cut on, to the propane heater, ect.

You should not only have adequate heat there,  and it takes only miniscule amount of DC fan to blow it. Especially in that small area.

I wish I could be sure of that.

My tanks are full, and my furnace and stove both work.  The fuse for the 12v electric is right there and intact.  I haven't found a plug-in to test the 120v connection; but...the others are dummied up.

I have an indication of what's going on with the propane:  Lack of use and extreme conditions.  This trailer went to Alaska with previous owners.  There's that grey dust everywhere in closed areas - like the back cabinet where the fridge controls are.  The instructions for lighting the propane are on the controller; but...I'm supposed to press in the control knob to override the auto shut-off on the gas with no heat.  The knob is so stiff I almost bent the housing pressing it in, and then had to pull it back out by hand.  That's when it lit and went out.

So.  Just to get the propane working, I'll need a new controller knob and maybe a new sparker-lighter.

The 120v setup is going to be far more complicated.  I don't CARE about the 12v system; that's a pain to deal with, anyway.

But this is not the time, I think.

Try some WD-40, first. I'm serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Yesterday we were walking around in shirt sleeves. Today it is all of 25°, w/a couple of inches of snow on the ground.
Knowing that it snows on our daffodils every year doesn't make me any happier about it.

Well, at least it'll be back up to 60 by Sunday.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:35 pm

2cent wrote:Yesterday we were walking around in shirt sleeves.  Today it is all of 25°, w/a couple of inches of snow on the ground.  
Knowing that it snows on our daffodils every year doesn't make me any happier about it.

Well, at least it'll be back up to 60 by Sunday.
65 now. Will be 32 in the morning with 40mph wind gusts. Front should arrive in about half an hour.

27 for Sunday morning. Record cold. Moderates Monday and then winter is over for us.

But I had to spend all day rigging up a heat tent for my tomatoes along my deck railing .. Then cover ten tomatoes plants I have by the tractor shed with 5 gallon buckets and then cover the buckets with blankets.

Prettiest plants I've had in years. A few celebrities, a few Creoles, but mostly Goliaths. I hope i don't lose them.

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 78 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 43 ... 78  Next