Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 8 of 81 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 81  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:19 am

Yeah. Ugly and cold this morning over in the Panhandle. A couple of brief showers.

Sky looks like to be breaking open, now...it's supposed to be very cool but sunny and dry the rest of the day.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:33 am

Casey Jones wrote:Yeah.  Ugly and cold this morning over in the Panhandle.  A couple of brief showers.

Sky looks like to be breaking open, now...it's supposed to be very cool but sunny and dry the rest of the day.

The wind was kicking it last night and early this morning. Not as bad now. 41F.

You should BBQ and drink a few.
Or cook some stew and beans in the camper and recycle tbat heat.
Remember, it's Superbowl Sunday!
And Joe Burrow is about to win his first of 7 titles( Nuevo Brady without deflation/lol) .

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:43 am

STill snowing here, we're reaching 3 inches. Massanutten Peak is totally whited out. To me that means a 4 to 5 inch snowfall.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:02 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:Yeah.  Ugly and cold this morning over in the Panhandle.  A couple of brief showers.

The wind was kicking it last night and early this morning.  Not as bad now. 41F.

And Joe Burrow is about to win his first of 7 titles( Nuevo Brady without deflation/lol) .

I should; but all the crap I took...I took no dishes.

I have some 12-year-old MREs that have to be used up; and there's canned goods...you can heat in the can. My refrigerator's broken - I didn't know that until I secured everything here and tried to get it running.

I thought, if I really wanted to cook, I could buy cookware at a Goodwill someplace. But since my kitchen water is still winterized, I thought I'd make do with just out of boxes, cans, packages. Had KFC last night, the first time in about eight years. I stopped going there because the chicken was getting smaller and smaller; and they were always pushing the starchy side dishes. Chicken seemed an afterthought.

Well, I bought an 8-piece bucket...and while it was NOT cheap, I was impressed. Big, meaty pieces. Got two big meals out of it - dinner and now lunch. I ate too much, just now. And I'll have to do that again. They're not pushing the mashed potatoes and cole slaw so much, now.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:03 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:STill snowing here, we're reaching 3 inches.  Massanutten Peak is totally whited out.   To me that means a 4 to 5 inch snowfall.

Snow in the South.

Fun times on the road, thass fer sure...
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:12 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

The wind was kicking it last night and early this morning.  Not as bad now. 41F.

I have some 12-year-old MREs that have to be used up; and there's canned goods...you can heat in the can.  My refrigerator's broken - I didn't know that until I secured everything here and tried to get it running.

I thought, if I really wanted to cook, I could buy cookware at a Goodwill someplace.  But since my kitchen water is still winterized, I thought I'd make do with just out of boxes, cans, packages.  Had KFC last night, the first time in about eight years.  I stopped going there because the chicken was getting smaller and smaller; and they were always pushing the starchy side dishes.  Chicken seemed an afterthought.

Well, I bought an 8-piece bucket...and while it was NOT cheap, I was impressed.  Big, meaty pieces.  Got two big meals out of it - dinner and now lunch.  I ate too much, just now.  And I'll have to do that again.  They're not pushing the mashed potatoes and cole slaw so much, now.
I loves me some fried chicken!

You dont need dishes. And its cold enough to leave the food outside. It's just me most of the time , so many times I just eat straight out of the pot! What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 8 773625082

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:42 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I have some 12-year-old MREs that have to be used up; and there's canned goods...you can heat in the can.  My refrigerator's broken - I didn't know that until I secured everything here and tried to get it running.

I thought, if I really wanted to cook, I could buy cookware at a Goodwill someplace.  But since my kitchen water is still winterized, I thought I'd make do with just out of boxes, cans, packages.  Had KFC last night, the first time in about eight years.  I stopped going there because the chicken was getting smaller and smaller; and they were always pushing the starchy side dishes.  Chicken seemed an afterthought.

Well, I bought an 8-piece bucket...and while it was NOT cheap, I was impressed.  Big, meaty pieces.  Got two big meals out of it - dinner and now lunch.  I ate too much, just now.  And I'll have to do that again.  They're not pushing the mashed potatoes and cole slaw so much, now.
I loves me some fried chicken!

You dont need dishes. And its cold enough to leave the food outside. It's just me most of the time , so many times I just eat straight out of the pot! What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 8 773625082
Neanderthal! lol!
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm

2cent wrote:
Neanderthal!  lol!

I resemble that remark.

The only time I use actual dishes, is when I have to heat something in the microwave. Or if it's coming out of the crock pot. Otherwise...it's out of the saucepan or frying pan or prepackaged microwave tray.

No...this little sojourn was a learning experience in more ways than one. Whether this trailer was workable (it is; and it tows easy) and how to stealth-camp, and how to live in it. What to bring and what NOT to bring.

And why a refrigerator (instead of an ice chest) is necessary.

QUESTION for the RV types here: I'm at a dilemma. My refrigerator is broken; and the office here had a reference to a mobile RV repair guy. I called him Friday afternoon and set up a time...Tuesday.

I THOUGHT he was local. He's not - on the phone, he told me it was an hour's drive to me. Could I bring it to his shop? He doesn't have a shop, not one he wants customers going to.

So it's $150 to come and look at it. Before he does anything.

I knew it was going to cost, but...there's this:

--I have to be out of here Wednesday morning. If he needs to get parts, I'm going to have to find someplace to stay or pay moar dinero to stay another night. IF I can.

--He may/probably will have to get parts. Time. MOAR expensive rental.

--The cost of living on prepared and canned food is not that horribly much greater. The RV place at home is a ripoff, but I can get it done at my leisure.

--AND. The Casita factory/showroom/parts office, Rice Lake, Texas, is not that far away from my route on the return trip. I could maybe try stopping by there.

Thoughts, all? I can cancel this service call tomorrow morning...
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:29 pm

First off....how much does a replacement frig cost? and how old. My snl put in a real refrigerator. Not only is it bigger, it is better BUT he had to do some restructuring to make it work. I do not recommend that for you. These little things are generally expensive. Intentionally.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:33 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:
Neanderthal!  lol!

I resemble that remark.

The only time I use actual dishes, is when I have to heat something in the microwave.   Or if it's coming out of the crock pot.  Otherwise...it's out of the saucepan or frying pan or prepackaged microwave tray.

No...this little sojourn was a learning experience in more ways than one.  Whether this trailer was workable (it is; and it tows easy) and how to stealth-camp, and how to live in it.  What to bring and what NOT to bring.

And why a refrigerator (instead of an ice chest) is necessary.

QUESTION for the RV types here:  I'm at a dilemma.  My refrigerator is broken; and the office here had a reference to a mobile RV repair guy.  I called him Friday afternoon and set up a time...Tuesday.

I THOUGHT he was local.  He's not - on the phone, he told me it was an hour's drive to me.  Could I bring it to his shop?  He doesn't have a shop, not one he wants customers going to.

So it's $150 to come and look at it.  Before he does anything.

I knew it was going to cost, but...there's this:

--I have to be out of here Wednesday morning.  If he needs to get parts, I'm going to have to find someplace to stay or pay moar dinero to stay another night.  IF I can.

--He may/probably will have to get parts.  Time.  MOAR expensive rental.

--The cost of living on prepared and canned food is not that horribly much greater.  The RV place at home is a ripoff, but I can get it done at my leisure.

--AND.  The Casita factory/showroom/parts office, Rice Lake, Texas, is not that far away from my route on the return trip.  I could maybe try stopping by there.

Thoughts, all?  I can cancel this service call tomorrow morning...
Phuck him, put it in an ice chest. You dont give us any indication as how the fridge functions.

Most RV fridges run dual DC_AC/not sure AND PROPANE . Not sure in a little unit like that . Propane is the bomb in a survival situation . Uses very little gas. And freaky as hell how gas keeps it cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 81 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 81  Next