Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 78 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 78 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by hurricanehook Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Nice weather but I'm sure we've had our last cool spell. Temps close to the 90 degree mark for the next 7 days.  
Lows around 70. And humidity builds a little ever day.
What's the old saying? "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". When you get both together,  it's no fun. I remember growing up with no A/C just an attic fan. Still pretty hot upstairs. Slept in the basement when it was too hot and humid to sleep.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 78 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:28 am

hurricanehook wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:Nice weather but I'm sure we've had our last cool spell. Temps close to the 90 degree mark for the next 7 days.  
Lows around 70. And humidity builds a little ever day.
What's the old saying? "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". When you get both together,  it's no fun. I remember growing up with no A/C just an attic fan. Still pretty hot upstairs. Slept in the basement when it was too hot and humid to sleep.
Me too. Just an attic fan.

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:53 pm

A 50-degree snowstorm!

Just to remind me, we're in the higher elevations.  Of course it didn't stick, but it was obvious, coming down, it was snow. One of the little foibles that come of thinner air.

We still have white on the mountains that ring Missoula.

Otherwise...just damp and blah.  In a month we'll be praying for rain, but right now...no sun, no cheer.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue May 07, 2024 4:45 pm

It's been cloudy all day. But damn, its july, aug, sept, humidity. 87 here. Most places at 90.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 pm

I broke down yesterday and bought tomatoes and pepper plants. Got all my peppers in before it started getting dark.   Then Girlfriend calls and says...it's going to get down to 40 this weekend and maybe colder.  Well great.   I was thinking it was safe to plant since we've had nothing but warm weather and sun..till this week.  It's 60 out right now but with the wind it feels like 40...plus sun's nearly gone down.  8pm.

finches are gone. Appears the bluebirds are still feeding their young in the birdhouse and i saw the scarlet tanager 2 weeks ago. AND a pileated woodpecker...YUGE thing.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 pm

We just had a severe l8ne of storms pass through. Winds 70mph plus here. I thought i heard a saw a rain wrapped tornado coming across the lake from the west. I had to get under the kitchen table. No real safe place to go in manufactured housing. Limbs down everywhere. Everything flooded in half an hour to 45 minutes with rainfall rates between 8-10 inches/hour. I have 3 inches from this storm alone. 1.5 inches from one this morning.

And another storm is approaching as i type.
And of course, no power. Prolly wont be until the morning. But i have a charged battery bank and inverter. And the generator is gassed up.

Have to go now.

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Mon May 13, 2024 8:33 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:We just had a severe l8ne of storms pass through.  Winds 70mph plus here. I thought i heard a saw a rain wrapped tornado coming across the lake from the west. I had to get under the kitchen table. No real safe place to go in manufactured housing.  Limbs  down  everywhere. Everything flooded in half an hour to 45 minutes with rainfall rates between 8-10 inches/hour. I have 3 inches from this storm alone. 1.5 inches from one this morning.

And another storm is approaching as i type.
And of course, no power.  Prolly wont be until the morning. But i have a charged battery bank and inverter. And the generator is gassed up.

Have to go now.
Hawk. Be safe and take care!
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 pm

ENTERGY reports extensive outages with extended delays. No restoration time given. Things are draining down very well. Thank goodness the ditches and canals were empty.

Shit. I know its spring and its the time for bad weather but it sure has been an active spring. I'm tired of severe weather.
I'm going take my BP just to see. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 pm

BP = 105/79

I'm seing there was a tornado about 2 miles south of here. Almost in the same spot where the one passed a few weeks ago.

Somewhere in the vincinity of the sugar mill, the path was.

Still have some moderate rain and wind to get through. Just got a high wind warning on the phone but i think its over.

The governor has just issued multiple states of emergency already. So it must be pretty bad. Haven't gotten much news in yet. Will prolly have to wait until the 10pm news.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon May 13, 2024 9:06 pm

The governor's exec order were a renewel of relief from Hurricane IDA in 2021.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next