Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+14
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
18 posters

Page 1 of 74 1, 2, 3 ... 37 ... 74  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? Empty What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 26, 2021 8:33 pm

About 7pm this evening we suddenly had High winds.  We are almost desperate for rain...everything is so brown.   Rain was sparse in and around the area but so often one area gets it and a mile away, they don't.   We were on the porch, the Captain, grandchildren and me and suddenly without more than a half minutes warning the wind starts picking up to hurricane force...My cushions are flying everywhere, the plants are flying wildly with breaking hangers, everything is blowing off tables and the porch.   We all grab something and head inside with it. This goes on for about 20 minutes as we watch the wind send the rain sideways.  That's nice....rain but it isn't helping when it comes down in this fashion.   AFter about an hour we are back to normal and putting things back the way they were...thankfully nothing is broken beyond repair. Still waiting for some significant rain though.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Jen Wed May 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Oklahoma. It's past mid may and our temps haven't even hit 85 degrees yet and by now we sometimes have had a 100 or two. It has been rainy for the past couple of weeks ... every day. That is unusual too.

We haven't had many tornadoes this month (none near us) ..... and May is our tornado month. Every time stormy weather is predicted it gets sheared off at the last moment.

We do have a strong tornado threat tomorrow. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe rumors that our weather is being controlled aren't so far-fetched...

Jen
Jen

Calypso Jones and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by vege57 Wed May 26, 2021 9:43 pm

Clear blue sky and around 10 Celsius
vege57
vege57

Brat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Jen wrote:Oklahoma.  It's  past mid may and our temps haven't even hit 85 degrees yet and by now we sometimes have had a 100 or two.  It has been rainy for the past couple of weeks ... every day.  That is unusual too.  

We haven't had many tornadoes this month (none near us)  ..... and May is our tornado month.  Every time stormy weather is predicted it gets sheared off at the last moment.  

We do have a strong tornado threat tomorrow.  We'll see.  I'm not holding my breath.

as i was reading your post that crossed my mind also and i was going to ask you what you thought the chances were.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 26, 2021 9:52 pm

vege57 wrote:Clear blue sky and around 10 Celsius

we've had some beautiful blue skies but then a day or so later the sky is covered in thick white cloud and i hear large aircraft above but of course can't see it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed May 26, 2021 11:19 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
vege57 wrote:Clear blue sky and around 10 Celsius

we've had some beautiful blue skies but then a day or so later the sky is covered in thick white cloud and i hear large aircraft above but of course can't see it.

They call NZ either , the shaky isles because the number of quakes we get, or the land of the long white cloud, The country is a relatively narrow piece of land so weather can be very changeable
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed May 26, 2021 11:39 pm

This is the storm coming our way tomorrow.... hail in Kansas.

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? 192810308_324208392404802_5684209668274553661_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=dmWxABdjO1IAX9v2p14&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1
Jen
Jen

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, jirqoadai and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Wed May 26, 2021 11:47 pm

Wow. That's large enough to easily kill you.
Lummy
Lummy

Jen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu May 27, 2021 12:39 am

Calypso Jones wrote:
Jen wrote:Oklahoma.  It's  past mid may and our temps haven't even hit 85 degrees yet and by now we sometimes have had a 100 or two.  It has been rainy for the past couple of weeks ... every day.  That is unusual too.  

We haven't had many tornadoes this month (none near us)  ..... and May is our tornado month.  Every time stormy weather is predicted it gets sheared off at the last moment.  

We do have a strong tornado threat tomorrow.  We'll see.  I'm not holding my breath.

as i was reading your post that crossed my mind also and i was going to ask you what you thought the chances were.  
The extreme  cold that dropped deep into Texas in February was unprecedented and lasted longer than usual cold spells do.  Here in Oklahoma we went 10 days with the temperature not reaching freezing.  That never happens.   I believe that scientists learned how to puncture the Arctic cold dome and make that cold spill down like that.  I do believe that that cold spell was contrived  and was not normal mother nature.  In all my long life much of which was spent in Texas and Oklahoma.........I've never seen anything like that.

Also, I've read that they can sprinkle certain chemicals (silver iodide) on hurricanes and make them dissipate. Another theory is that laser microwaves from satellites can alter the course of hurricanes.  I don't know if that has been done successfully.

I do believe that weather can be altered and maybe has been altered. Who is doing it?  I don't know.
Jen
Jen

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu May 27, 2021 3:54 am

Jen wrote:This is the storm coming our way tomorrow....  hail in Kansas.

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? 192810308_324208392404802_5684209668274553661_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=dmWxABdjO1IAX9v2p14&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

That's massive! I hope you have a good strong roof.
Red Lily
Red Lily

jirqoadai, Brat and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 74 1, 2, 3 ... 37 ... 74  Next