Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric cars

+4
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
Sunsettommy
Crusader
8 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Electric cars - Page 6 Empty Re: Electric cars

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:39 pm

Red Lily wrote:Is your 'EV' a golf cart or a real vehicle?  No hybrid cars require 6 batteries.  Golf carts do but I don't consider them real vehicles.  They're toys.

It is a somewhat larger than a golf cart and road worthy...that's why we have to have registration and tags. I would NEVER use it for serious long distance travel, because of other drivers. I have used it on the highway at Myrtle Beach like other EV owners do also, but then, the traffic is heavier and slower.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:42 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:One could not make it from Sydney to Canberra in an electric vehicle. How in the hell would you make it to Perth on electric?
Are you guys ok with paying a price premium for gasoline?

Oh , and beleive me , I know you already do!
But I mean , if you give in to this bullshit you'll be paying more.

I realize it's probably cheaper to fly to Perth from Sydney. Way cheaper.

I had a lot of thoughts I had to delete here.

Did you miss the part where I said we are not ready for EVs yet?   Or that I prefer hybrids?

I have no desire to drive to Canberra or Perth but, thanks to our new leftist moonbat government, petrol/gas here right now is $2.04 per litre!  That's right, per LITRE and since I have to do a lot of driving right now that really pisses me off having to waste all that money just getting from A to B.

My son has a hybrid and he does NOT have to charge it.  Petrol/gas starts it and then the electric motor takes over.  The battery stays charged through regenerative braking and by the internal combustion engine.  He drives hundreds of miles regularly and never has a problem.  It's a great, and very quiet, car and if I wanted to dish out $40,000 for a car I'd certainly buy one.  No charging and it would save me thousands of $$s.

I'm not giving in to any bullshit because there really IS some balanced middle ground between the extremes of "shut down all the power stations and everyone has to drive an electric vehicle" and "OMG they are out to destroy us so don't give in to the scam  hair-fire "   ...  and that's where I prefer my head to be.

Back in the 1990s some of you probably thought cordless phones and the internet were the work of the devil too.   Trust me, I had a lot of thoughts I had to delete here too!!

The point is , you have no desire to do anything that will upset anybody.   You troll and you'll troll  her the troll wins.

People here don't give a care about that.

That was m want for  @ Sprintcyclist

Thanks hawk, never knew you were thinking of me Electric cars - Page 6 1f600

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:43 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Is your 'EV' a golf cart or a real vehicle?  No hybrid cars require 6 batteries.  Golf carts do but I don't consider them real vehicles.  They're toys.

What do you call a real car?

How far to you go between plug-ins?  WHERE do you plug it in?  HOW MUCH does it COST you, and how much TIME does it take?

I call a real car one that is a real car, one you can use daily for work etc and on trips, one that is as safe as any other car on the road.

Golf carts aren't legal to drive on the roads here and are nothing more than a toy like the battery operated ones you buy for kids.   Both my kids had one.

Like I've said a THOUSAND times you do NOT plug hybrids in.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:43 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:

It is a somewhat larger than a golf cart and road worthy...that's why we have to have registration and tags.   I would NEVER use it for serious long distance travel, because of other drivers.  I have used it on the highway at Myrtle Beach like other EV owners do also, but then, the traffic is heavier and slower.

Yes, I think EV are more suited to short local trips.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:50 pm

Red Lily wrote:
I call a real car one that is a real car, one you can use daily for work etc and on trips, one that is as safe as any other car on the road.

Golf carts aren't legal to drive on the roads here and are nothing more than a toy like the battery operated ones you buy for kids.   Both my kids had one.

Like I've said a THOUSAND times you do NOT plug hybrids in.

You mean, like I took a fishing boat with a 7hp outboard, to work, for three months?

Or like I took a little 150cc scooter to work, for a whole summer?

Utility is based on need. Individual circumstances. I rode a bicycle to work for a year. It was three miles, and not heavy traffic. The bicycle was, yes, serious transportation.

I know about hybrids. I also know that they're mostly phased out, the Prius excepted. They're not what the antiintellectual Left is excited about, now, so Ford and GM and others have left that market.

Only problem I have with them, is the complexity. And I don't think the additional cost is ever paid for. When they were big, I had a Geo Metro (Suzuki Cultus to you) to drive to work, with the same gas mileage - 50mpg. I don't know liters-per-klik, you'll have to work it out.

Today, I just this week bought a Toyota IQ (replace my wrecked Toyota pickup) which gets 40mpg. Almost as good. Almost as simple as the Metro/Cultus.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:50 pm

This is a Toyota hybrid and similar to my son's. It's what I call a real car.

Electric cars - Page 6 Toyota-Corolla-Sedan-Ascent-Sport-Hybrid-HERO-16x9-1
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:53 pm

I don't consider this a real car.  We call them 'gophers'

I'm not knocking them.  I'd like one myself lol.  They are just not what I think of when talking about EVs or hybrid cars because they're not cars per se.

Electric cars - Page 6 Garia-MB-v
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:48 am

My Son had a 'hybrid', after putting up with it not functioning correctly for a while, took it to the dealer. Dealer told him that it just needed a new battery. When asked about the 'new battery', my son was promptly told the cost and it was more than the hybrid was worth! Needless to say, he traded the hybrid in and bought a reliable GASOLINE car.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:24 pm

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.msn.com%2Fen-gb%2Fcars%2Fnews%2Felectric-cars-risk-becoming-uninsurable%2Far-AA1izMba

becoming uninsurable...they're deadly.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:55 pm

RV wrote:My Son had a 'hybrid', after putting up with it not functioning correctly for a while, took it to the dealer. Dealer told him that it just needed a new battery. When asked about the 'new battery', my son was promptly told the cost and it was more than the hybrid was worth! Needless to say, he traded the hybrid in and bought a reliable GASOLINE car.

ooooooohhhhhhhh, thanks

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next