Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exxon/mobil ceo says: all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040

+6
2cent
HawkTheSlayer
Sprintcyclist
jirqoadai
Crusader
Calypso Jones
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

exxon/mobil ceo says:  all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040 Empty exxon/mobil ceo says: all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:58 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/25/exxon-mobil-ceo-all-new-passenger-cars-will-be-electric-by-2040.html

just like the world will be in serious decline and the oceans will have taken over new jerk city and other large coastal cities. not to mention the extinction of polar bears. all. that. bullshit.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

exxon/mobil ceo says:  all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040 Empty Re: exxon/mobil ceo says: all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040

Post by Crusader Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:21 am

I didn't know ExxonMobil controlled car manufacturing. Is he wishing himself out of a job or just trying to appease woketards?
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

exxon/mobil ceo says:  all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040 Empty Re: exxon/mobil ceo says: all new passenger cars will be electric by 2040

Post by jirqoadai Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:10 am

Crusader wrote:I didn't know ExxonMobil controlled car manufacturing.   Is he wishing himself out of a job or just trying to appease woketards?
he saw the last guy was hired by President Trump. hes hoping bidet gets the same idea
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:32 am

It's a massive change happening.
Almost all car manufacturing companies have an electric future they have planned for.

......... electric vehicles accounted for 2% of new car sales in Australia, with approximately 5,000 Tesla vehicles sold in the first half of 2021.
This is up from 2020 when 1% of new car sales in Australia were electric vehicles.
While approximately 20% of new car sales are either full-electric or hybrid electric vehicles.
Nearly 2% of vehicles in Australia are either BEVs or PHEVs.
However, it has been determined that approximately 66% of Australians will be driving electric cars by 2030.
Moreover, 56% of Australians would consider an electric car when they next bought a vehicle. ...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle_ownership_in_Australia

I'm thinking of a hybrid, or use my bike more and get a van.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
It's a massive change happening.
Almost all car manufacturing companies have an electric future they have planned for.

......... electric vehicles accounted for 2% of new car sales in Australia, with approximately 5,000 Tesla vehicles sold in the first half of 2021.
This is up from 2020 when 1% of new car sales in Australia were electric vehicles.
While approximately 20% of new car sales are either full-electric or hybrid electric vehicles.
Nearly 2% of vehicles in Australia are either BEVs or PHEVs.
However, it has been determined that approximately 66% of Australians will be driving electric cars by 2030.
Moreover, 56% of Australians would consider an electric car when they next bought a vehicle.       ...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle_ownership_in_Australia

I'm thinking of a hybrid, or use my bike more and get a van.

You better leave early if you live in NYC and have a meeting in Los Angeles.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:53 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/25/exxon-mobil-ceo-all-new-passenger-cars-will-be-electric-by-2040.html

just like the world will be in serious decline and the oceans will have taken over  new jerk city and other large coastal cities.   not to mention the extinction of polar bears.  all.  that.  bullshit.
From the article:
Woods, who spent a part of his career on the chemical side of the company’s operations, says chemicals will be key to keeping the company profitable during the clean energy transition.
Uh huh. He know something we don't? (Me thinks it's the other way around.) But now I see why you added all the clean energy/greenie catastrophic prediction stuff.
More:
ExxonMobil’s calculations predicted that oil demand in 2040 would be equivalent to what the world needed in 2013 or 2014. Woods explained to CNBC that the company was still profitable at that time.
What was going on in 2013 or 2014 that affected oil consumption?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:24 pm

The government can mandate any and all kinds of green "turds" .

Big oil loves the government posturing.
Refineries love the reduced output with increased profit.
They never lose. No matter the price of crude.

State government allows power companies to overcharge it's customers now for federal government policy and hurricane damage..

I realize this is a utility, but should rates go up 40 percent from the previous 50 percent due to hurricanes?

I mean my highest bill ever here with ENTERGY was 70 dollars.

It was $122 this month! Over $50 over my highest bill ever.

That's real close to 70% higher than my highest ever. In only one month.

Even if we get rid of these economy killing bastards in DC , the energy companies won't be in any hurry to reduce prices.

They love this green energy farce and passing the costs on to you and me.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:The government can mandate any and all kinds of green "turds" .

Big oil loves the government  posturing.
Refineries love the reduced output with increased profit.
They never lose. No matter the price of crude.

State government allows power companies to overcharge it's customers now for federal government policy and hurricane damage..

I realize this is a utility, but should rates go up 40 percent from the previous 50 percent due to hurricanes?

I mean my highest bill ever here with ENTERGY was 70 dollars.

It was $122 this month! Over $50 over my highest bill ever.

That's real close to 70% higher than my highest ever. In only one month.

Even if we get rid of these economy killing bastards in DC , the energy companies won't be in any hurry to reduce prices.  

They love this green energy farce and passing the costs on to you and me.

Dang, Hawk. That's one heck of an increase. I wonder how smug and full of themselves they'll be, when they realize no one can afford their prices. Wonder, too, if Entergy will be a business considered 'too big to fail', so we minions can get screwed twice.

*I'll be keeping this in mind, when we get our next bill. Thing is, we're on levelized billing, so it might not appear as pronounced.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:29 pm

I don't think so Al, where will the power come from to charge them , and what about people that only have on street parking and such like ?
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:52 pm

vege57 wrote:I don't think so Al, where will the power come from to charge them , and what about people that only have on street parking and such like ?

And multiple car households?
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, vege57 and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next