Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

+6
Calypso Jones
Red Lily
vege57
Crusader
Sprintcyclist
2cent
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana - Page 3 Empty Re: Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by RV Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:24 pm

2cent wrote:
RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:

Yeah, "medical marijuana", quack "doctors", "quack science" and a "quack industry". What's next? Legalizing molestation? Addiction? Rape? Incest? Crime? Other perversions???

Many people with cancer use medical marijuana to help quell nausea from chemo treatments.  It can also help those who suffer from seizures, multiple sclerosis, alzheimers and chronic pain.  I'm not going to begrudge any of these people seeking a little relief and I don't believe that would be very christian of me.

You liken it to molestation, incest and rape?  Seriously, no wonder people are turning away from religion.   Shocked
A bit to the extreme, wouldn'tcha say?  I also didn't care for the inference that I might be a, or vote along with, Democrat(s).  

And, fwiw, as you likely know, marijuana is also helps HIV patients recover some of their weight loss, and, come to think of it, anorexics.

Breaking the law and holding criminals accountable is not "too extreme", legalizing criminal activity is left wing extreme. Yes, I am certain that there are all sorts of excuses as to why people smoke weed, just as there are all sorts of excuses as to why people break the law.
You come across as not knowing that growing pot for your own personal use was perfectly acceptable up until the 60's, here in the U.S. of A.  I don't want to assume, so I'll ask, did you not know that?  People had pot plants growing on their balconies in New York City, and no one thought anything of it.  
In all honestly, it's still a mystery to me how, and why, Congress got away with a broad brush law making it illegal, in one fell swoop.  I don't have an answer for that, but, one day it was perfectly acceptable, and the next, it was illegal.   Where do you think Congress found the authority to do that, in the U.S. Constitution?  Really, I'd like an answer.

You truly don't think that what you posted ...To quote you:
Yeah, "medical marijuana", quack "doctors", "quack science" and a "quack industry". What's next? Legalizing molestation? Addiction? Rape? Incest? Crime? Other perversions???
...is not on the extreme side, when it comes to comparing those horrendous acts to people who smoke pot?  Truly???

The point here is to return using pot to the NON-criminal stance it now is, so that adults who choose to partake would not be breaking the law, if they choose to use it.  So your point to hold people accountable for breaking the law falls clean flat.  

Why don't you believe in personal, individual freedom?

"Why don't I believe in personal freedom?" I absolutely DO believe in "personal freedom" HOWEVER, you don't have the "personal freedom" to shout "fire" in a crowded theater. You don't have the "personal freedom" to violate the law. You don't have the "personal freedom" to commit murder. You don't have the "personal freedom" to have sex with anyone you choose with no consequences. You don't have the "personal freedom" to do whatever you wish. So your whole nonsensical post about "personal freedom" falls flat.

As it is, America and the tax payers are trying to deal with all sorts of addiction issues that supposedly are "terrible", to "legalize" MORE addicting substances is radical, outrageous and frankly dangerous. To think that legalizing more substances will somehow solve the issues is ridiculous, naive and grossly and deliberately twists and misunderstands all of the issues.

Breaking the law IS breaking the law! There is no difference between breaking the law by dealing Cocaine or Marijuana. Both are criminal offenses, both are dangerous substances, both alter consciousness and both impair the addict.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana - Page 3 Empty Re: Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by vege57 Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 pm

RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

Many people with cancer use medical marijuana to help quell nausea from chemo treatments.  It can also help those who suffer from seizures, multiple sclerosis, alzheimers and chronic pain.  I'm not going to begrudge any of these people seeking a little relief and I don't believe that would be very christian of me.

You liken it to molestation, incest and rape?  Seriously, no wonder people are turning away from religion.   Shocked
A bit to the extreme, wouldn'tcha say?  I also didn't care for the inference that I might be a, or vote along with, Democrat(s).  

And, fwiw, as you likely know, marijuana is also helps HIV patients recover some of their weight loss, and, come to think of it, anorexics.

Breaking the law and holding criminals accountable is not "too extreme", legalizing criminal activity is left wing extreme. Yes, I am certain that there are all sorts of excuses as to why people smoke weed, just as there are all sorts of excuses as to why people break the law.
You come across as not knowing that growing pot for your own personal use was perfectly acceptable up until the 60's, here in the U.S. of A.  I don't want to assume, so I'll ask, did you not know that?  People had pot plants growing on their balconies in New York City, and no one thought anything of it.  
In all honestly, it's still a mystery to me how, and why, Congress got away with a broad brush law making it illegal, in one fell swoop.  I don't have an answer for that, but, one day it was perfectly acceptable, and the next, it was illegal.   Where do you think Congress found the authority to do that, in the U.S. Constitution?  Really, I'd like an answer.

...is not on the extreme side, when it comes to comparing those horrendous acts to people who smoke pot?  Truly???

The point here is to return using pot to the NON-criminal stance it now is, so that adults who choose to partake would not be breaking the law, if they choose to use it.  So your point to hold people accountable for breaking the law falls clean flat.  

"Why don't I believe in personal freedom?" I absolutely DO believe in "personal freedom" HOWEVER, you don't have the "personal freedom" to shout "fire" in a crowded theater. You don't have the "personal freedom" to violate the law. You don't have the "personal freedom" to commit murder. You don't have the "personal freedom" to have sex with anyone you choose with no consequences. You don't have the "personal freedom" to do whatever you wish. So your whole nonsensical post about "personal freedom" falls flat.

As it is, America and the tax payers are trying to deal with all sorts of addiction issues that supposedly are "terrible", to "legalize" MORE addicting substances is radical, outrageous and frankly dangerous. To think that legalizing more substances will somehow solve the issues is ridiculous, naive and grossly and deliberately twists and misunderstands all of the issues.

Breaking the law IS breaking the law! There is no difference between breaking the law by dealing Cocaine or Marijuana. Both are criminal offenses, both are dangerous substances, both alter consciousness and both impair the addict.

""both alter consciousness and both impair the addict.""

Just as religious fanaticism does ?
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:30 pm

RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

It's decriminalized in some states but not in others whereby you can get a fine (if the cop is an @hole) but not a criminal conviction.  I think you're allowed a bit over an ounce and a half on your person and 5 plants for personal use.

Most people just get scripts for medical marijuana and carry that lol.

The point of this Ballot Issue is to change the law. Do you not understand that point? And that, if the voters choose to change the law, then the activity will no longer BE criminal?
It's NOT a "LEFT WING EXTREME." It annoys me that you'd say so. MORE liberty is RIGHT WING. That you don't know that is dismaying.

Are you seriously completely unaware of the pure HELL that people going through chemo, radiation, and all other types of therapy for various cancers go through?! Are you seriously THAT clueless? Will you PLEASE make yourself at least somewhat aware of the pure HELL that people with illnesses go through, and the bit of God-loving HELP that marijuana can give them?

Please, stop being so evil. If you want, or need more info to convince you, please, just ask. I know you don't wish to be a cruel person.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:41 pm

RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

""Breaking the law IS breaking the law! ""

During prohibition everyone that consumed alcohol was a breaking the law, Its only a criminal act whilst it is prohibited by law, laws change
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:43 pm

2cent wrote:
RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:

The point of this Ballot Issue is to change the law.  Do you not understand that point?  And that, if the voters choose to change the law, then the activity will no longer BE criminal?
It's NOT a "LEFT WING EXTREME."  It annoys me that you'd say so.  MORE liberty is RIGHT WING.  That you don't know that is dismaying.

Are you seriously completely unaware of the pure HELL that people going through chemo, radiation, and all other types of therapy for various cancers go through?!  Are you seriously THAT clueless?  Will you PLEASE make yourself at least somewhat aware of the pure HELL that people with illnesses go through, and the bit of God-loving HELP that marijuana can give them?

Please, stop being so evil.  If you want, or need more info to convince you, please, just ask.  I know you don't wish to be a cruel person.

""Please, stop being so evil""

He's not being evil, just a dick lol
vege57
vege57

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:28 am

2cent wrote:
RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:

The point of this Ballot Issue is to change the law.  Do you not understand that point?  And that, if the voters choose to change the law, then the activity will no longer BE criminal?
It's NOT a "LEFT WING EXTREME."  It annoys me that you'd say so.  MORE liberty is RIGHT WING.  That you don't know that is dismaying.

Are you seriously completely unaware of the pure HELL that people going through chemo, radiation, and all other types of therapy for various cancers go through?!  Are you seriously THAT clueless?  Will you PLEASE make yourself at least somewhat aware of the pure HELL that people with illnesses go through, and the bit of God-loving HELP that marijuana can give them?

Please, stop being so evil.  If you want, or need more info to convince you, please, just ask.  I know you don't wish to be a cruel person.

"The point of this ballot issue is to change the law", gee that's "all" the Communist Democrats want to do as well with the Constitution. There is NOT ONE THING wrong with "the law"! More taxation, more destructive policies and more addicted people ARE Left Wing agendas whether you will admit it or not!

I'm sure that the potheads will vote however they are told to, I don't happen to be one of them. Interestingly enough, not one person I've talked to is in favor of legalizing weed either! The people I've talked with feel that we have enough addicted people who are costing us tax payers BILLIONS to "get off" their "freedom" claimed drug addiction!
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:02 pm

2cent wrote:

.............. You come across as not knowing that growing pot for your own personal use was perfectly acceptable up until the 60's, here in the U.S. of A.  I don't want to assume, so I'll ask, did you not know that?  People had pot plants growing on their balconies in New York City, and no one thought anything of it.  

Apparently Du Pont were starting to make rayon.
Hemp is a MUCH better material, so Du Pont put in political pressure (bribes) and got marijuana made illegal.
marijuana being illegal, people could not grow hemp. Dupont had that market
Judges, lawyers and criminals got rich.
Poor people got jailed.

Sprintcyclist

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:07 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
2cent wrote:

.............. You come across as not knowing that growing pot for your own personal use was perfectly acceptable up until the 60's, here in the U.S. of A.  I don't want to assume, so I'll ask, did you not know that?  People had pot plants growing on their balconies in New York City, and no one thought anything of it.  

Hemp is a MUCH better material, so Du Pont put in political pressure (bribes) and got marijuana made illegal.
Poor people got jailed.

Who decides who the "poor people" are? You? Is it based on income? Political affiliation? Housing costs? Geographic as to where their dwelling is? Or could it be that you support those who break the law, calling them "poor" instead of the criminals they are? I know many poor people and not one of them can afford nor has any desire to use weed.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:01 pm

[quote="Sprintcyclist"]
2cent wrote:

Poor people got jailed.
I'd forgotten all about that.  Thanks.  Hard part is finding out if it's true or not.  (I've been told that it's pure fable, but I can't think of any other plausible explanation.  Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana - Page 3 553500953)  

I've never heard the part about poor people going to jail.  Could be true, due to the inability to afford a good lawyer.  Where'd you hear that?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:21 pm

Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:

................. It's decriminalized in some states but not in others whereby you can get a fine (if the cop is an @hole) but not a criminal conviction.  I think you're allowed a bit over an ounce and a half on your person and 5 plants for personal use.

Most people just get scripts for medical marijuana and carry that lol.

You liken it to molestation, incest and rape?  Seriously, no wonder people are turning away from religion.   Shocked[/quote]

yes, almost any thread here is hijacked by some religious intolerant hateful small minded toxic comment.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next