Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

+6
Calypso Jones
Red Lily
vege57
Crusader
Sprintcyclist
2cent
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana Empty Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by 2cent Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:50 pm

I'd be more than happy to vote in favor of it, if it weren't for all the shenanigans the "Responsible Growth" crowd are pulling, and the mega amount of control the state will be taking. It's overly absurd.

And those are the parts that I can't get anyone who I talk to about this to listen to. The ads on TV from 'Responsible Growth', i.e., state that those against this proposal are using scare tactics. Problem? I'm YET to hear one single 'anti marijuana' ad on TV, or see one on a flyer, or anything of the sort.

One little fanangal they got going on is that ALL of the taxes on medical marijuana will disappear, BUT recreational marijuana will have the usual city, county, and state taxes, PLUS another 10% tax added on. This would be used for:
70% into the General Fund
15% to hiring more cops, and giving the present ones raises*
5% to drug court programs. (I don't know if that's just for pot, or ALL drugs. If just for pot, then it's a useless waste of money.)

*The cop raises? We're being guilted into saying we hate cops and law enforcement if we don't vote in favor of this.

Oh, I dunno. Maybe this should've gone into the Rant section, only, drat, we don't have one. And I was wondering what you guys thought of this.
Ya see, I DO want individuals to have more liberty. The only problem is, this type of liberty is darn near suffocating!

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana Empty Re: Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:35 pm

Almost everyone is for medical marijuana or recreational use.

The people who benefit from pot being illegal are criminals, judges and lawyers.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana Empty Re: Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by Crusader Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:01 pm

I have no problem with it, as long as driving under the influence of pot is punished hard. I don't like seeing it heavily taxed or ran by cartels. If someone wants to grow their own and use it responsibly I have no problem with it.
Crusader
Crusader

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:34 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:Almost everyone is for medical marijuana or recreational use.

The people who benefit from pot being illegal are criminals, judges and lawyers.

The green party here as part of their agreement to form a coalition with labour got a referendum on legalisation , It failed by a slim margin, they got to greedy, they should have gone for decimalisation it would have got past the post, and with time legalisation would have followed
vege57
vege57

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:28 pm

Crusader wrote:I have no problem with it, as long as driving under the influence of pot is punished hard.   I don't like seeing it heavily taxed or ran by cartels.  If someone wants to grow their own and use it responsibly I have no problem with it.
Being heavily taxed by the state is exactly what will happen in Arkansas with this new recreational law.  The state is going to control every inch of it, from seed, to bud, to sale.  What you can grow, how much you can grow, how to grow each and every plant - every inch along the way.  
If not for that, I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.  But it's NOT about liberty.  It's about CONTROL, but mostly about the tax revenue it'll bring with it.

I'm, very sorry to say, voting "NO."
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:39 pm

I have to wonder who all is behind this, where the money goes, how much money is involved, which party is behind it, etc. As with all political decisions, money plays a huge part in it. Big Pharma will of course make millions off of it as will the government make millions of tax dollars off of it and who knows who else will make millions off of this. I would bet my lunch money that the DNC is behind this, stands to make money off of it and hopes that people will be under the influence as they vote.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:04 pm

vege57 wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:Almost everyone is for medical marijuana or recreational use.

The green party here as part of their agreement to form a coalition with labour got a referendum on legalisation , It failed by a slim margin, they got to greedy, they should have gone for decimalisation it would have got past the post, and with time legalisation would have followed

I agree, it should just be decriminalized period. The rest can follow.
Red Lily
Red Lily

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:28 pm

Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:

I agree, it should just be decriminalized period.  The rest can follow.

I thought that some states in Aus had decriminalised it, in respect you get a fine for possession under a certain weight , if you choose to fight it in court and are found guilty you get a conviction ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Alcohol is far more damaging than the hooch , Its all about moderation of any mood altering chemical

You can eat a bagel with poppy seeds on it and fail a drug test
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:41 pm

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:

I agree, it should just be decriminalized period.  The rest can follow.

I thought that some states in Aus had decriminalised it,  in respect you get a fine for possession under a certain weight , if you choose to fight it in court and are found guilty you get a conviction ?

It's decriminalized in some states but not in others whereby you can get a fine (if the cop is an @hole) but not a criminal conviction.  I think you're allowed a bit over an ounce and a half on your person and 5 plants for personal use.

Most people just get scripts for medical marijuana and carry that lol.
Red Lily
Red Lily

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next