Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

+6
Calypso Jones
Red Lily
vege57
Crusader
Sprintcyclist
2cent
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:58 pm

Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:Almost everyone is for medical marijuana or recreational use.

The people who benefit from pot being illegal are criminals, judges and lawyers.

The green party here as part of their agreement to form a coalition with labour got a referendum on legalisation , It failed by a slim margin, they got to greedy, they should have gone for decimalisation it would have got past the post, and with time legalisation would have followed

I agree, it should just be decriminalized period.  The rest can follow.

I thought that some states in Aus had decriminalised it,  in respect you get a fine for possession under a certain weight , if you choose to fight it in court and are found guilty you get a conviction ?

It's decriminalized in some states but not in others whereby you can get a fine (if the cop is an @hole) but not a criminal conviction.  I think you're allowed a bit over an ounce and a half on your person and 5 plants for personal use.

Most people just get scripts for medical marijuana and carry that lol.

I have heard of a clinic here offering scripts for medical hooch,
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana

Post by RV Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:50 am

Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:Almost everyone is for medical marijuana or recreational use.

The people who benefit from pot being illegal are criminals, judges and lawyers.

The green party here as part of their agreement to form a coalition with labour got a referendum on legalisation , It failed by a slim margin, they got to greedy, they should have gone for decimalisation it would have got past the post, and with time legalisation would have followed

I thought that some states in Aus had decriminalised it,  in respect you get a fine for possession under a certain weight , if you choose to fight it in court and are found guilty you get a conviction ?

It's decriminalized in some states but not in others whereby you can get a fine (if the cop is an @hole) but not a criminal conviction.  I think you're allowed a bit over an ounce and a half on your person and 5 plants for personal use.

Yeah, "medical marijuana", quack "doctors", "quack science" and a "quack industry". What's next? Legalizing molestation? Addiction? Rape? Incest? Crime? Other perversions???
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:52 pm

vege57 wrote:

Which goes to prove that, like here in AR, it's not about liberty, it's about collecting revenue. And a ton of it.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:04 pm

RV wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:

Yeah, "medical marijuana", quack "doctors", "quack science" and a "quack industry". What's next? Legalizing molestation? Addiction? Rape? Incest? Crime? Other perversions???

Many people with cancer use medical marijuana to help quell nausea from chemo treatments.  It can also help those who suffer from seizures, multiple sclerosis, alzheimers and chronic pain.  I'm not going to begrudge any of these people seeking a little relief and I don't believe that would be very christian of me.

You liken it to molestation, incest and rape?  Seriously, no wonder people are turning away from religion.   Shocked
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:59 pm

RV wrote:I have to wonder who all is behind this, where the money goes, how much money is involved, which party is behind it, etc. As with all political decisions, money plays a huge part in it. Big Pharma will of course make millions off of it as will the government make millions of tax dollars off of it and who knows who else will make millions off of this. I would bet my lunch money that the DNC is behind this, stands to make money off of it and hopes that people will be under the influence as they vote.
I posted just how all the tax revenue from sales will be divvied in the OP.  As far as who is behind it:
Who is behind the campaigns surrounding the initiative?
(See also: Support, Opposition, and Campaign finance)

Responsible Growth Arkansas is sponsoring the initiative. The committee raised $4.86 million and spent $3.91 million according to campaign finance reports covering through August 31, 2022. Responsible Growth Arkansas said, "We all know that funding and supporting the police is important. Our brave men and women in law enforcement deserve our support. You can vote to support our law enforcement by voting for Issue 4 this election. Issue 4 will safely legalize the sale of cannabis to adults 21 and older, and creates revenue that goes to more funding for local police departments, more funding for protecting our communities, more funding for safer streets. A vote for Issue 4 is a vote to support our police."

Safe and Secure Communities registered to oppose the initiative. The committee raised $2 million and spent $691,648. The group said "We’re on a mission to save Arkansas from the destructive effects of legalized drugs, and we need your support. Many cities around the nation are destroyed, and now Arkansas is at risk. Help keep Arkansas communities secure and our citizens safe. The pot industry is directly targeting kids, even though hundreds of scientific studies show that marijuana – especially today’s high-potency weed – permanently damages the teenage brain. Teens who smoke pot regularly drop out at twice the rate of non-users, and as adults they earn less and have a lower IQ. Marijuana-related policy changes, including legalization, have significant unintended consequences for children, adolescents, and cities large and small."[2]

Near any information you'd like to learn on the subject can be located here:
https://ballotpedia.org/Arkansas_Issue_4,_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2022)

Ballotpedia is your friend. Ballot Issue - Recreational Marijuana - Page 2 452754053

Last edited by 2cent on Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:06 pm

Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

Many people with cancer use medical marijuana to help quell nausea from chemo treatments.  It can also help those who suffer from seizures, multiple sclerosis, alzheimers and chronic pain.  I'm not going to begrudge any of these people seeking a little relief and I don't believe that would be very christian of me.

You liken it to molestation, incest and rape?  Seriously, no wonder people are turning away from religion.   Shocked
A bit to the extreme, wouldn'tcha say? I also didn't care for the inference that I might be a, or vote along with, Democrat(s).

And, fwiw, as you likely know, marijuana is also helps HIV patients recover some of their weight loss, and, come to think of it, anorexics.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:39 pm

Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

Legalizing criminal activity is a Democrat tactic. People may smoke weed and claim that it's for one of the conditions you listed. I could claim that placing my change on the dresser helps with world wide poverty just as easily. People can convince themselves of all sorts of things they dream up.

As far as using me for why they don't have a relationship with Jesus? A very shallow, very flimsy excuse. You've no doubt heard the definition of an excuse, right? It is the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:46 pm

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:

A bit to the extreme, wouldn'tcha say?  I also didn't care for the inference that I might be a, or vote along with, Democrat(s).  

And, fwiw, as you likely know, marijuana is also helps HIV patients recover some of their weight loss, and, come to think of it, anorexics.

Breaking the law and holding criminals accountable is not "too extreme", legalizing criminal activity is left wing extreme. Yes, I am certain that there are all sorts of excuses as to why people smoke weed, just as there are all sorts of excuses as to why people break the law.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:55 pm

So I guess you totally agree with the Democrat, Harry Anslinger, who first made weed illegal in the US under false pretences.  Does that make you a leftist?  By your logic it should.

Drinking alcohol was once a criminal offense in the US before it was legalized.  I sure hope you never partake in ANY alcohol even though it was decriminalized because that would make you a hypocrite.
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:56 pm

RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
RV wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

A bit to the extreme, wouldn'tcha say?  I also didn't care for the inference that I might be a, or vote along with, Democrat(s).  

Breaking the law and holding criminals accountable is not "too extreme", legalizing criminal activity is left wing extreme. Yes, I am certain that there are all sorts of excuses as to why people smoke weed, just as there are all sorts of excuses as to why people break the law.
You come across as not knowing that growing pot for your own personal use was perfectly acceptable up until the 60's, here in the U.S. of A. I don't want to assume, so I'll ask, did you not know that? People had pot plants growing on their balconies in New York City, and no one thought anything of it.
In all honestly, it's still a mystery to me how, and why, Congress got away with a broad brush law making it illegal, in one fell swoop. I don't have an answer for that, but, one day it was perfectly acceptable, and the next, it was illegal. Where do you think Congress found the authority to do that, in the U.S. Constitution? Really, I'd like an answer.

You truly don't think that what you posted ...To quote you:
...is not on the extreme side, when it comes to comparing those horrendous acts to people who smoke pot? Truly???

The point here is to return using pot to the NON-criminal stance it now is, so that adults who choose to partake would not be breaking the law, if they choose to use it. So your point to hold people accountable for breaking the law falls clean flat.

Why don't you believe in personal, individual freedom?

2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next