Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 77 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:28 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Started the generator. Entergy doesn't even have a time for restoration any more as damage is extensive.
No more rain and it cooled down from 80 to 59.

All is good here in the front acres.

Well, you're getting out online; so your cable linkup or cellular towers are still up.

Those surprise storms are a beeitch. Living on the fringe of Tornado Alley - Ohio - we'd get them, once in awhile. The 1973 Easter Sunday storm that blew Xenia, Ohio, off the map...the day started out great. The thunderhead materialized in (IIRC) two hours or so. The weather fool was calling for some cloud cover; then a chance of showers, then thunderstorms...and didn't have a clue a major front was building until the funnel clouds started forming.

Xenia was rebuilt, BTW. Ohio was prosperous in those years. We built stuff.

Glad you mostly made it through. Hope your gas supply is enough for the portable generator...you already have an inverter; that's a good plan. Only run the generator to charge up the inverter; and you can get three times the mileage out of that gas.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 77 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:31 pm

And as usual, I'm in a different weather band.

We broke from five days of drizzle...day started out grey, but dry and warmish (50s) but the sun came out, got up to mid-sixties. Real nice day. Haven't checked the weather for tomorrow but the weekend is supposed to rain again. April.

We need the rain. The mountains didn't get enough snow, so anything that can keep the ground moist will be good. We're getting into Forest Fire season, and this year, we have Smokey's Little Helpers, flown in from Trashkanistan, thanks to Democrat Election Security officers at the border.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 pm

It was cloudy today. Still it reached 86 degrees with a heat index of 93. It's very humid. A front will come through Sunday and drop the temps down to 60.

Tues and Wed mornings will be in the mid 40s with nice , fresh, dry air.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm

Cool; not cold, with sunshine.

Up to 50 today; clear but a bracing wind.

Springtime in the mountains.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:50 am

Another beautious day.  Warmer; sunshine; I at least got the day's walking in.

This is the kind of weather I'd typically do all my things by bicycle, in.  For my fitness.

At least, though, I have that mini-mini-car...an IQ.

Smaller than a Jeep CJ.  Same size as a "Smart."

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 77 AAbK9Ww

Gets me 48 miles a gallon.  True.  The gas tank only holds seven gallons...after two weeks of using it, constantly (stored it all winter) I filled up for the first time.  Five gallons.

So it's go-cart cheap to run.  Many motorcycyles don't do that good on gas.

But it does my body no good to get around that way...

It was a splendid day to air out the cobwebs, though.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:17 am

It's raining and down to 55 degrees. Not sure if i can get back to sleep. Guess I'll watch TV.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Severe Storms this morning! Lightning, high winds,  heavy rain,  tornado warnings and watches.
It just turned night time dark outside.  

Schools are closed in most of south Louisiana.  Government offices and many businesses too.

Storm damage to the west around the Lake Charles area as the main line moves east.
Wow, Hawk.  Shame on me for not checking this thread more often,  I had no idea that you came that close to danger!  SO relieved to hear you made it through w/little to no damage.  But for the Grace of God, eh?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am

Nice weather but I'm sure we've had our last cool spell. Temps close to the 90 degree mark for the next 7 days.
Lows around 70. And humidity builds a little ever day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Usually we don't turn on the AC till the very end of May. I try to hold off to June 1 but always have to do it about 1 to 3 days before June 1. I might have to turn it on tomorrow...April 29. Maybe i'll wait till april 30. A whole month before.

The pool is open...but till being treated so no getting in it yet. Have this demo pool cleaner.....2000 dollars. I like it, i want it...but 2000?? daRN it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 am

Waiting on a line of strong storms and heavy rain. Some schools are closed.

A front will come through this morning, the stall out and back up . The tail end will become stationary over the top of us, giving us rain chances for the entire week into the weekend.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next