Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 40 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Crusader Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:24 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Something that light could contain children.

It was empty when I inspected it.
Crusader
Crusader

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 40 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:26 pm

Temperature now, in the Five Valleys of Western Montana...it's 62 degrees F. The sun is setting in five minutes or so.

Normally this time of year, this time of day, it would be about 87. After a high of 95 or so. We got up to 77; but that was it.

Cold rain the next two days. No sunshine means no warmth - such is the way of higher elevations.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:57 pm

Today is our only hope for rain for a while. The stationary front below I-10 will dissipate and Texas high pressure returns with a vengeance.

Only a 30 % chance.

We received an inch of rain here a few nights ago. But after a long dry spell and 17 days of heat advisories and heat warnings in a row previous, with no rain, the huge cracks in the ground just sucked that inch of rain up.
It was just enough to keep what grass that didn't die, alive.

Starting this upcoming week, the forecast highs for 4 days are 100+ , with the remaining 3 days dropping all the way down to 99.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:31 pm

we had quite a rain storm last night and off and on yesterday. The Captain says 5 inches in a week...but i'm not so sure. He's already said he misread the gauge the first time.. And Hawk. Explain to me why my pepper plants are ABOUT 8 inches tall and producing fruit larger than the plant??!! This Is NOT right. My tomatoes are not doing a thing. but then, it's been UNseasonably cold. with less sunshine. I'll be glad to start harvesting onions. We turned the AC on yesterday and it was not necessary. I only did it so if i had to get someone in to work on it it could be done before my Florida babies arrive.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:05 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:we had quite a rain storm last night and off and on yesterday.   The Captain says 5 inches in a week...but i'm not so sure.  He's already said  he misread the gauge the first time..  And Hawk.  Explain to me why my pepper plants are ABOUT 8 inches tall and producing fruit larger than the plant??!!   This Is NOT right.   My tomatoes are not doing a thing.   but then, it's been UNseasonably cold.  with less sunshine.   I'll be glad to start harvesting onions.    We turned the AC on yesterday and it was not necessary.  I only did it so if i had to get someone in to work on it it could be done before my Florida babies arrive.
These rain gauges are glass and very cheap. They are also very accurate!
More accurate than the expensive ones.

On one side there's inches. On the other centimeters.

I've been schooled that in the metric world, they don't measure rain in cm but rather in mm.
I guess most places don't get the rain we get. Or lack of it, lately. Lol.

So 10 mm is one cm.

He may have glanced at the cm markings by mistake. But don't tell him I said that! Razz
5 cm is about 2 inches.

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 40 20230611

Red Lily and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:18 pm

I seen people abroad freak that they are going to get 100 mm of rain in the next 4 days. Lololol

Hell, it's nothing to get that ( about 4 inches) out of an afternoon thunderstorm or two here.

We could sure use one about now.
Some folks around Baton Rouge and east or getting deluged again today.
My location has been sitting just inside the rim of the persistent high pressure zone for weeks. So no rain.

Now, we will be getting a clockwise, NW flow again with heat driving down from north Texas and Oklahoma, and with the cap and sinking air, no chance of any gulf moisture manifesting itself.

Offshore flow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:23 am

Well...another day of cool and drizzly.

Or was, until three. It's amazing, at 3500 feet, how quickly the air warms up once the sky clears. It was about 68-70 all day, until finally the cloud-cover broke...and the temperature shot up 15 degrees.

Right now, an hour after sunset, it's 64. Bracing; and I like it, but it's far cooler than normal this time of year.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:31 am

This week's breakdown:

(Lundi)Today-99
(Mardi)Tuesday-100
(Macredi)Wed-101
(Juedi)Thursday-102
(Vendredi)Friday--102
(Samedi)Sat-102
(Dimanche)Sun-100
Mon-97

It's 81 at the moment with a dew point of 78° equaling 91% humidity.

We usually dont get this kind of heat until July, Aug, and early Sept.

This will be the second, prolonged heat wave of june 2023 with excessive heat warnings and heat indices of 115° and above.
But no day this month has been below 90 degrees. Regular heat.

Little chance for rain at 5-10 percent each day.

Time for an afternoon swim in the lake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:07 pm

Watch out for the gators.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:41 pm

So much for believing a weatherman.

Folks , this morning about 10:20 am, a strong thunderstorm hit the area.

This storm started in southern Arkansas around midnight and progressed southward during the morning hours..

By the time it reached here, it had turned severe.
Winds of 70 mph hit in the initial stages. And lasted for 30 minutes. I was outside and the gust knocked me to my knees. I was shocked and skeert! I've never experienced anything like that. 70 mph? Sure! But not from 0 wind to seventy..

It was like an atomic bomb shockwave!

As soon as I made it inside, the rain started . Sideways. 1 inch in 30minutes.

Shit was flying everywhere. Neighbor's gadgets, buckets, tree limbs and branches breaking off from 100 foot tall pecan trees and hitting the house.

I never lost power but all my neighbors did.
The highway was blocked in both directions from fallen trees. One spot about a mile to the north, and another about 2.5 miles to the south.

It blew some siding off the house but I've already replaced it

Down the bank on the lake , at the place we've been working on , the carport lost 2 sheets of tin and everything was turned over but no major damage.

Unfortunately, the neighbors on the lake had a large sycamore tree uproot and fall on their boat and party barge that was parked in the yard.

Trees and limbs down everywhere. I haven't taken a ride back in the field yet.

I appreciate the break in the heat, but not like that.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next