Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 76 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:06 pm

April Showers bring May flowers.

And we're having a lot of them. It's been frightfully dry and warm, last two months; but now we're getting (needed) rain. It's not especially pleasant - it's cold, wet and dark; but the mountain forests NEED it, desperately. They didn't get much of a snowpack this winter.

The Mayflower once brought pilgrims. Are our current May flowers gonna bring moar invaders?
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 76 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:07 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Its cold and damp up here and having a brew right now isn't appealing . I'm having a nice Irish Mist without ice and enjoying the Tampa Bay / Pittsburg hockey game .
Molotov !

Good choice. Skip the foreplay, and just get it on...hump your liver!

drunken
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 am

Severe Storms this morning! Lightning, high winds, heavy rain, tornado warnings and watches.
It just turned night time dark outside.

Schools are closed in most of south Louisiana. Government offices and many businesses too.

Storm damage to the west around the Lake Charles area as the main line moves east.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:03 am

Just got a warning for 80mph straight line winds. The leading edge of the front is almost here. Besides the lightning and thunder, it got very dark again and very quiet.

Oh Lord, here comes the wind. Lost power.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:18 am

Holy Mother of All Things Sacred!
I'm glad that wind didnt last too long. I was very concerned.

I heard a large tree fall somewhere back dare.
Still lots a lightning and heavy rain. Windy too, but not like when the leading edge of the front came through!

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:34 am

Just got a text from a friend about 2 miles down the road. He says a tornado blew the roof off his barn. He knows the difference between straight line winds and tornadic winds. Thank god we dont get the monster tornados like tornado alley.

The tornado missed me but i didn't get a push note from the NWS or any weather app until after it passed. <shakeshead>

Lots of damage reports coming in. Its a good thing this line of storms is moving along quickly.

ENTERGY says my power will be restored in a cupla hours by 10:30 am.
No worries. I have the inverter running the tv while watching the weather, and a fan blowing on me, and a lamp.

I have the generator ready to go in the kitchen too. Just have to roll it out on the deck if i need it.

Feeling really bad this morning and all of last night. Lots of pain and i feel nauseated.

I see quite a few large limbs have fallen all around. Rain is slacking off for the moment.

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Daily Bread, 2cent and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:44 am

WBRZ is sending a crew out to my area to report on damage. Must be bad. I hope there were no injuries.

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:04 pm

Started the generator. Entergy doesn't even have a time for restoration any more as damage is extensive.
No more rain and it cooled down from 80 to 59.

All is good here in the front acres.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:12 pm

Glad you're OK Hawk.  Tornadoes are no bueno.

We had about 4 inches of rain near my land.  I was driving out there on a 2 lane highway and came across a tree that fell across the road.  The ground got too soft to support it.  Everyone was stopping and/or turning around.  I put my Jeep in 4wd and drove into the culvert and around the tree and went on my way.  There was about 12-15 inches of water in the culvert, but the Jeep didn't even break a sweat.  I would have tried to pull the tree off the road, but nature was calling.  I stopped by on the way back to see if I could help and a crew was cutting it up and removing it.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:56 pm

Crusader wrote:Glad you're OK Hawk.  Tornadoes are no bueno.

We had about 4 inches of rain near my land.  I was driving out there on a 2 lane highway and came across a tree that fell across the road.  The ground got too soft to support it.  Everyone was stopping and/or turning around.  I put my Jeep in 4wd and drove into the culvert and around the tree and went on my way.  There was about 12-15 inches of water in the culvert, but the Jeep didn't even break a sweat.  I would have tried to pull the tree off the road, but nature was calling.  I stopped by on the way back to see if I could help and a crew was cutting it up and removing it.

Sun is out now. Not a cloud in the sky.  Lol.
Generator still running and I'm putting out 400 watts of solar panels, too.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next