Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 73 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:46 pm

I really needed to cut the tall clover and winter annual grass today.

My nephew left the cutter all sideways under the shed so i could not back up to it to hook it up. I had to hook a nylon ckoker to it from the rear and pull it out from under the shed .

But first, i had to get the box blade unhooked and in its place. Nothing went right. I had some crocs on and the fireants ate me up.

I started at 8am but didn't start cutting until 10. I went as fast as i could as my back is bothering me again after doing great ror many months.

Then, i had to cut with the riding mower.

4.5 acres in 3 hours. I finished at 1pm.
Just in time.

A warm front is lifting out of the gulf It has been raining heavily! We were getting real dry again.

Everything is filling up . Yard and ditch flooding so to speak .Nothing serious so far.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 73 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:12 pm

3 inches since 1:30pm central time!
The rain has slacked off but the sky is getting very dark again.
I hope this front keeps moving north and doesn't go stationary on top of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:02 am

Another round of rain and storms in the morning around 7am.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:26 pm

More rain today but not nearly as much as the 3.5 inches we recieved yesterday.
Hoiwever, we did have one particular thunderstorm earlier that was a really big lightning maker for qbout 10 minutes. Had to unplug everything. I'm not taking a chance, even with surge protectors.

Lol. Its not raining at the moment but 2 lightning strikes just hit pretty close by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:24 pm

Overcast and upper thirties.

About par for the time of year. Had glimpses of sun, this afternoon.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:19 am

Another dreary day. Light showers on and off this morning.
Heavy rain and thunderstorms from noon onward. Some possibly severe in southern arkansas and northern Louisiana. Everything north of I-10 is in a marginal risk area.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:29 pm

Its been raining rather hard since dark . Maybe got 2-3 inches so far.
Warm day in the 80s. Again for tomorrow with less rain.

Then more big rains sunday and a cool down to start the work week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:37 pm

Aaahh...early taste of spring. Brilliant sunshine all day here...temp was 23F at eight; quickly rose to 50, and then 60. That happens a lot in higher elevations - Denver has even more extreme temperature swings.

I spent the day with an hour on the new mountain bike, including a trip to il grocerio, and then off to settle some business with the cellular company. Off, on the bike, to wake up some of my power equipment. Took the Honda out for exercise - it's shiftless, it needs it (automatic-transmission murdersickle, has Honda's DCT) and it's going up for sale. Probably I won't sell it - it's not a popular model, and motorcycle sales have cratered. But, I hurt moar and moar, and traffic is crazier and crazier.

A trip out to Clinton (Montana, not Hillary) to visit a favored country market. Used to have cheap fried chicken up on the deli rack. Nope, the price has doubled. I bought a little cheesecake made by a local producer, anyway, and went back. Nice ride on a country road.

Some other busywork in the sun, and then, as Ol' Sol got lower, so did the temperature. Put the bike away, rode the pedal-bike back five miles home.

Did me good to get away from all the bad nooze for a day. But I come back in and it's worse. That's what happens when I'm not keeping watch.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:51 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I really needed to cut the tall clover and winter annual grass today.

My nephew left the cutter all sideways under the shed so i could not back up to it to hook it up. I had to hook a nylon ckoker to it from the rear and pull it out from under the shed .

But first, i had to get the box blade unhooked and in its place. Nothing went right. I had some crocs on and the fireants ate me up.

I started at 8am but didn't start cutting until 10.  I went as fast as i could as my back is bothering me again after doing great ror many months.

Then, i had to cut with the riding mower.

4.5 acres in 3 hours. I finished at 1pm.
Just in time.

A warm front is lifting out of the gulf It has been raining heavily! We were getting real dry again.

Everything is filling up . Yard and ditch flooding so to speak .Nothing serious so far.

This might have contributed to your back problems! What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 73 2041048078
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:19 pm

FIERCE wind. I've lost stuff. I think some of it was picked up and taken. My deer feeding station....
tht's missing.

Trees down. BIIIIIG trees. 2 at least, watching one. All the stuff on my porch blown down. I mean heavy stuff. i hope it's not scraped up. Brought into garage what i could. One minute just nice and warmer than yesterday, the next minute so strong i couldn't open the door. 55 to 60 mph winds.
Fences down, mail boxes blown over, trees down all over, some people without power. i'm lucky. Not TOO bad but i want my deer feeder back.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next