Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 46 of 78 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 78  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 46 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:37 pm

94° @ noon
Trop chaud(throw show)
Too hot.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 46 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by 2cent Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:22 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:94° @ noon
Trop chaud(throw show)
Too hot.
"Throw show?" Wuz dat? ??? What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 46 809917594
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:31 pm

2cent wrote:
Trop chaud(throw show)
Too hot.
"Throw show?"  Wuz dat?  ???  What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 46 809917594

It's how you pronounce trop chaud in French.
It means too hot.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:44 pm

Dangerous heat for the next week or so. The lowest daytime high will be 99 degrees. 101-103 forecast for some days.

I haven't cut grass in over two weeks . No rain and so hot , most everything is dying.

I started push mowing at 7 am down on the riverbank.
Then I cut my regular 5 acres of yard grass on the riding mower and tractor.

I had to push mow and do a lot of weed eating around the house after that.
I finished around 11:30 am .

It's 99 degrees at the moment. Forecast high of 101 with heat indices up to 117.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:55 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:
Trop chaud(throw show)
Too hot.
"Throw show?"  Wuz dat?  ???  What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 46 809917594

It means too hot.
Ah, thank you. That crazy French language, eh? Then again, my S-in-L's last name, Toews, is pronounced "Taves."
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:14 pm

2cent wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:
Trop chaud(throw show)
Too hot.

It means too hot.
Ah, thank you.  That crazy French language, eh?  Then again, my S-in-L's last name, Toews, is pronounced "Taves."
French is a difficult language.
Nothing is spelled like it's pronounced.

Cajun French is more simplistic than proper French. It's Old school Nova Scotian French before the French language was standardized in France.
Yet, it was always an oral learned language and the main one for over 100 years.
Many Cajuns in my grandparents day were forced to learn English by the pubnlic school system and were forbidden to even talk French amongst themselves at recess. They knew no English.

I don't think anyone , ever, who spoke Cajun French or Creole( variation and the main dialect here) fluently, ever saw the written word.

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:39 am

It's 9:30am and 89 degrees.
10-16 more days in a row of record setting heat with temps approaching or exceeding 100 degrees.

We have been getting some late afternoon thunderstorms riding down the backside of the periphery of the high pressure dome.

But it's hit and miss.
Yesterday and the day before the storms were severe with strong winds. They came very close but no rain for me. We need rain badly.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:03 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:
Trop chaud(throw show)
Too hot.

It means too hot.
Ah, thank you.  That crazy French language, eh?  Then again, my S-in-L's last name, Toews, is pronounced "Taves."
French is a difficult language.
Nothing is spelled like it's pronounced.  

Cajun French is more simplistic than proper French. It's  Old school Nova Scotian French before the French language was standardized in France.
Yet, it was always an oral learned language and the main one for over 100 years.
Many Cajuns in my grandparents day were forced to learn English by the pubnlic school system and were forbidden to even talk French amongst themselves at recess. They knew no English.

I don't think anyone , ever, who spoke Cajun French  or Creole( variation and the main dialect here) fluently,  ever saw the written word.

Very interesting. So much mystery surrounding the Cajun/Creole history. I ought to make a bigger effort to learn the tongue, while the golden opportunity is right in front of me.

You've said as much about the gov't not allowing Cajun to be spoken - even at recess - before. Yet another example of gov't forcing conformity; much as they did w/the Indians; meanwhile, being the completely ignorant ones in the bunch.

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:13 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:It's 9:30am and 89 degrees.
10-16 more days in a row of record setting heat with temps approaching or exceeding 100 degrees.

We have been getting some late afternoon thunderstorms riding down the backside of the periphery of the high pressure dome.

But it's hit and miss.
Yesterday and the day before the storms were severe with strong winds. They came very close but no rain for me. We need rain badly.
It was 100 d. here yesterday. HAD to go to town - doc appt. for Mr. 2. Next, stop at the library, then Share & Care to drop off stuff, then to the pharmacy, finally head home.

That's just plain too hot. Even for the grand Mr. 2, WHO WEARS A COAT, when it's 90! Shocked
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:15 pm

59 days in a row of 90 degree +, weather.
At least 10-15 more days of the same before some rain may not allow a 90 degree day.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 78 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 78  Next