Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 24 of 81 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 81  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by 2cent Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:46 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:oh i mean that i will put plastic over the top to protect it from a potential frost.   We're still potentially frosting up till 5/15...that's what is so weird.     Usually i use an old window pane but i think all those are gone at this point.  
Oh! I see. That's a neat idea. I've got some glass you can have.

Mr. 2 just got back from his first visit to the garden. A miracle happened - there's no sod. All the grass that grew dried out and died.
Also, parsley is coming up. Very Happy
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:58 pm

2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:oh i mean that i will put plastic over the top to protect it from a potential frost.   We're still potentially frosting up till 5/15...that's what is so weird.     Usually i use an old window pane but i think all those are gone at this point.  
Oh!  I see.  That's a neat idea.  I've got some glass you can have.  

Mr. 2 just got back from his first visit to the garden.  A miracle happened - there's no sod.  All the grass that grew dried out and died.  
Also, parsley is coming up.  Very Happy

thank you girl. I'll be there tomorrow.  LOL What do you mean the grass dried out and died. is that a joke?? Suspect What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 293021872
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:54 pm

Supposed to have a major storm sweep in tomorrow afternoon.

It's 38 right now. Tomorrow this time, the mercury will be in free-fall.

No idea what the snow accumulation will be. They're saying over 18 inches in the mountains, but that's just a normal storm. Here? Anyone's guess.

Four more weeks. Four more weeks.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:26 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:

Mr. 2 just got back from his first visit to the garden.  A miracle happened - there's no sod.  All the grass that grew dried out and died.  

thank you girl. I'll be there tomorrow.  LOL   What do you mean the grass dried out and died.   is that a joke?? Suspect What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 293021872
No, not at all a joke.  At season's end, my husband lets the garden go fallow.  Usually, grass will grow, and create sod w/very deep roots.  Therefore, we have to turn the garden, shovelful by shovelful, shaking out the dirt of each clod, tossing the clods into the wheelbarrow as we go, then haul them off.
THIS year, the grass dried and died.  That means, all we need do is go in the w/the tiller, rather than turning the top first.  It'll be ever so much easier.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:32 pm

2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:

thank you girl. I'll be there tomorrow.  LOL   What do you mean the grass dried out and died.   is that a joke?? Suspect What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 293021872
No, not at all a joke.  At season's end, my husband lets the garden go fallow.  Usually, grass will grow, and create sod w/very deep roots.  Therefore, we have to turn the garden, shovelful by shovelful, shaking out the dirt of each clod, tossing the clods into the wheelbarrow as we go, then haul them off.
THIS year, the grass dried and died.  That means, all we need do is go in the w/the tiller, rather than turning the top first.  It'll be ever so much easier.

AWESOME @2cent  what a blessing.    Here's what I do with my two little beds.    Close to house for quick harvesting for salads and side dishes.   One is my strawberry bed....that has NO strawberries.  Got tired of fighting with the squirrel and deer for the little sweeties soooooo. That's now my pepper bed...which i have to be johnny on the spot and harvest before the deer get them.  so far, so good. and fencing helps too. plus a daily dose of eight.

the second is my grape arbor bed that is actually beside the grape arbor... that's my tomato bed and sometimes squash or something else.   What i'm geting at is that i cover botgh those beds with cardboard over the winter...and remarkably have fewer weeds the next summer.   These are small gardens so doing that to a larger garden would probably not work.     So far so good for me...and i do supplement the soil before AND after.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:43 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:

AWESOME 2cent  what a blessing.    Here's what I do with my two little beds.    Close to house for quick harvesting for salads and side dishes.   One is my strawberry bed....that has NO strawberries.  Got tired of fighting with the squirrel and deer for the little sweeties soooooo. That's now my pepper bed...which i have to be johnny on the spot and harvest before the deer get them.  so far, so good. and fencing helps too. plus a daily dose of eight.

the second is my grape arbor bed that is actually beside the grape arbor... that's my tomato bed and sometimes squash or something else.   What i'm geting at is that i cover botgh those beds with cardboard over the winter...and remarkably have fewer weeds the next summer.   These are small gardens so doing that to a larger garden would probably not work.     So far so good for me...and i do supplement the soil before AND after.
Thanks, @Calypso Jones. I like your SOP. Our garden has gotten so small that covering it might just work.

What do you mean by, "a daily dose of eight?" fertilizer, bug killer, or something? I bet you have better luck w/peppers than we do. Don't they seem to take for-ev-er to grow? Still worth it, though. What kind do you grow? We go for California Wonders, if we can find them.

2cent
2cent

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:51 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:

AWESOME @2cent  what a blessing.    Here's what I do with my two little beds.    Close to house for quick harvesting for salads and side dishes.   One is my strawberry bed....that has NO strawberries.  Got tired of fighting with the squirrel and deer for the little sweeties soooooo. That's now my pepper bed...which i have to be johnny on the spot and harvest before the deer get them.  so far, so good. and fencing helps too. plus a daily dose of eight.

You're trying to harvest peppers, or strawberries.

Why don't you, instead, harvest a deer or two? Meat for many months.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:58 pm

Never saw the weather change so fast in this area.

At 2 pm, it was 45 degrees and almost-sunshine. Yeah, the winter-storm warning remained up.

I figured it was a good day to take care of some errands. Fired the truck up; I like to let it warm up before heading out. Because the engine races until it gets to operating temperature - emissions crap.

In FIFTEEN MINUTES, the temperature fell 15 degrees. Wind picked up. And about five minutes later, we were in a blizzard, just as I'm aiming down the main drag. Snow's falling, melting on the pavement, which was still warm, and then the melt freezing in the windy air. So it was glare ice.

Four-wheel-drive helps a little. So does caution.

Yup, I got it done. Supplements I need, now...now that I depend on Alternative Medicine. Because now, the Woketard physicians, and that is all of them, are RECORDING, in their code system (supposedly used for billing) one's Jab Status.

Why? Because government orders it and pays them. Started in January, after six months of training.

They are recording who are the Refusniks. To watch, as they would subversives. If they CARED about subversives.

So...I'm done with them, until they regain their sanity.

I have to use alternatives to metformin, now. I've got one test report on file, that suggests berberine is as effective as metformin. My weight loss will help, too.

What a hell of a way to live.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:59 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:

Maybe you can build a squirrel trap.
What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 Squirrel-nuts-meme-3

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 24 Launcher
Crusader
Crusader

vege57 and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:07 am

Casey Jones wrote:Never saw the weather change so fast in this area.

At 2 pm, it was 45 degrees and almost-sunshine.  Yeah, the winter-storm warning remained up.

I figured it was a good day to take care of some errands.  Fired the truck up; I like to let it warm up before heading out.  Because the engine races until it gets to operating temperature - emissions crap.

In FIFTEEN MINUTES, the temperature fell 15 degrees.  Wind picked up.  And about five minutes later, we were in a blizzard, just as I'm aiming down the main drag.  Snow's falling, melting on the pavement, which was still warm, and then the melt freezing in the windy air.  So it was glare ice.  

Four-wheel-drive helps a little.  So does caution.

Yup, I got it done.  Supplements I need, now...now that I depend on Alternative Medicine.  Because now, the Woketard physicians, and that is all of them, are RECORDING, in their code system (supposedly used for billing) one's Jab Status.

Why?  Because government orders it and pays them.  Started in January, after six months of training.

They are recording who are the Refusniks.  To watch, as they would subversives.  If they CARED about subversives.

So...I'm done with them, until they regain their sanity.

I have to use alternatives to metformin, now.  I've got one test report on file, that suggests berberine is as effective as metformin.  My weight loss will help, too.

What a hell of a way to live.
@Casey Jones, not trying to give you a hard time, seriously trying to understand where you're coming from/what you're saying here.

Are you saying that you can't get medical care without having had the C-jab? That's just completely insane. As you know, I've relatively recently, over the last year or so, had no choice, but to get med care from gov-funded docs.

Not ONE, aside from asking at the onset of COVID in the vestibule to a medical building housing many doctors, questioned my vax status past that point. The doc(s) simply addressed my medical situation. Same goes for my husband. Whether or not you had the jab was irrelevant. Somebody, whoever whom, may have been taking a survey of the individuals entering the building, but 'the need to know' ended there at the door.

So please, tell me, have you been denied services, unless willing to prove that you've been vaccinated? Again, not trying to just give you a hard time. I sincerely would like to know if that's the case.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 81 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 81  Next