Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 45 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 63 ... 81  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 45 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:14 am

2cent wrote:Have you guys heard the latest out of idiotic Xiden?  He's going to protect workers from the heat!  HOW he plans to do this, I'm not sure, but he is going to call up states that are non-compliant, and get right on them!  
<insert X's 'mean' look>

Gads, how long are we going to have to put up with this?

Most outside work environments have heat protocol.

I worked at Dow Chemical in July years ago. They had mandatory break times according to the current temp.
15 minute
30 minute
45 minute

I kid you not , at times we were required to work for 15 minutes and take a 45 minute break.
It was very hot on all that concrete . Not to mention all the heat from process.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 45 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Crusader Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:23 pm

I want to work on the property, but not in this heat. It can wait.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:25 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:Have you guys heard the latest out of idiotic Xiden?  He's going to protect workers from the heat!  HOW he plans to do this, I'm not sure, but he is going to call up states that are non-compliant, and get right on them!  
<insert X's 'mean' look>

I worked at Dow Chemical in July years ago. They had mandatory break times according to the current temp.
15 minute
30 minute
45 minute

I kid you not , at times we were required to work for 15 minutes and take a 45 minute break.
It was very hot on all that concrete . Not to mention all the heat from process.
I pretty well assumed that businesses had the common sense to watch out for their employees. And the employees, themselves. I just didn't figure it necessary for that nitwit to get out there with his ridiculous Corn Pop act. As if people are too stupid, or those MEAN corporation types, too callous to care. As if that nitwit does. The virtue signaling is barfable.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:45 pm

2cent wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
<insert X's 'mean' look>

15 minute
30 minute
45 minute

I pretty well assumed that businesses had the common sense to watch out for their employees.  And the employees, themselves.  I just didn't figure it necessary for that nitwit to get out there with his ridiculous Corn Pop act.  As if people are too stupid, or those MEAN corporation types, too callous to care.  As if that nitwit does.  The virtue signaling is barfable.
Coming soon. Razz
Corn Pop's Water Park!

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:48 pm

Crusader wrote:I want to work on the property, but not in this heat.  It can wait.
I didn't even go outside today , yet.
I was supposed to set up the solar panels again today but it's too hot.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:02 pm

Crusader wrote:I want to work on the property, but not in this heat.  It can wait.
Smart move. Our helper was coming tomorrow to put a dent in the trashed yard. (The g-kids, who we haven't seen in a year+, will be here Sunday.) I so wanted the yard cleaned up, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen. Like you, not worth it.

One problem is getting those 'taters out of the ground. Most of our garden went to the dogs, (we couldn't take care of it). I'd like to get at least something out of it. Guess we'll see.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:33 pm

2cent wrote:
Smart move.  Our helper was coming tomorrow to put a dent in the trashed yard.  (The g-kids, who we haven't seen in a year+, will be here Sunday.)  I so wanted the yard cleaned up, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen.  Like you, not worth it.  

One problem is getting those 'taters out of the ground.  Most of our garden went to the dogs, (we couldn't take care of it).  I'd like to get at least something out of it.  Guess we'll see.  

New way to "dig" taters.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:34 pm

I set the panels up.
Now I can watch Bonanza with sun power.
Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:03 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:
Smart move.  Our helper was coming tomorrow to put a dent in the trashed yard.  (The g-kids, who we haven't seen in a year+, will be here Sunday.)  I so wanted the yard cleaned up, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen.  Like you, not worth it.  

One problem is getting those 'taters out of the ground.  Most of our garden went to the dogs, (we couldn't take care of it).  I'd like to get at least something out of it.  Guess we'll see.  

New way to "dig" taters.

They're hired!
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:19 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
<insert X's 'mean' look>

15 minute
30 minute
45 minute

Hot as it is, it is nothing compared to that May and June I spent in the Mojave Desert. Temperature would break 120 at about noon, and we'd be sent "home." To our hotel in Needles.

Where the pool water was too hot to swim in. Where it was too hot even to walk down to our nearest food source - a Carl's Jr. at the top end of the long driveway to the motel.

We didn't eat much. We got a lot of our caloric needs from liquid sources...yup, beer. We were all functioning alcoholics...and, lemme tell ya, that made the heat worse.

But, yes...the AT&SF Railway had heat protocols. When the temperature got above 120, all non-emergent outside work was to stop. Trains were to reduce speed from 79 mph, to 30 mph - because of the considerable likelihood of heat kinks in the rail and roadbed (they can be very dramatic; and if a train hits them at speed, very messy). And, since we had to get our work done SOMETIME, we were up at Dawn:30, on the rail...and they were running trains like mad, too, trying to get some of the backlog of trains through.

This is just SUMMER. The oceans are a bit warmer - FOR UNDERSEA VOLCANIC ACTION.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/overheated-friday-july-28-2023-c

They lying propagandists hide this from us - part of their Mind Control campaign.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 63 ... 81  Next