Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.

+6
2cent
QuaseMarco
vege57
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
Calypso Jones
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.   - Page 5 Empty Re: DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.

Post by vege57 Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 am

2cent wrote:
\"Red Lily"f wrote:I can't believe something as innocuous as just handing over old drugs can cause so much fear and trepidation.

No wonder the US is in trouble.
I don't quite trust it either, but I hope you'll take my word for it when I say, "fear and trepidation" were the furthest emotions from what I'd describe as simple distrust.  More like 'leery.'

These drop boxes for unwanted drugs are common knowledge.  They're all over the place, so the general public is more than well aware of them.  So, even if this 'campaign' is nothing more than trying to upstage Melania's 'cause' of going after opioids, there's something not quite right going on here.  These people never do anything for altruistic reasons.  

Dont get paranoid , just don't use them . problem solved , Im struggling to what the prob is here ?
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.   - Page 5 Empty Re: DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.

Post by Red Lily Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 am

vege57 wrote:
2cent wrote:
\"Red Lily"f wrote:I can't believe something as innocuous as just handing over old drugs can cause so much fear and trepidation.

I don't quite trust it either, but I hope you'll take my word for it when I say, "fear and trepidation" were the furthest emotions from what I'd describe as simple distrust.  More like 'leery.'

These drop boxes for unwanted drugs are common knowledge.  They're all over the place, so the general public is more than well aware of them.  So, even if this 'campaign' is nothing more than trying to upstage Melania's 'cause' of going after opioids, there's something not quite right going on here.  These people never do anything for altruistic reasons.  

Dont get paranoid , just don't use them . problem solved , Im struggling to what the prob is here ?

I'm struggling with how the damned jab got worked into yet another topic totally unrelated. DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.   - Page 5 553500953
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 am

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I can't believe something as innocuous as just handing over old drugs can cause so much fear and trepidation.

Maybe it's just a campaign to remind people that they can drop off unwanted drugs in a way that stops hundreds of millions of people flushing them into the waterways? I honestly don't see how the government can harm you.

I don't know anything about Melania's war on opioids. This is the first time it's been mentioned so maybe you're right.

Scratch your name off the bottle, put them in a bag and it's done. I really cannot see anything to make a fuss about. Or don't. DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.   - Page 5 553500953

I had to clear out someone's medications recently. There were dozens upon dozens of them. Strong ones too. There was no way I'd flush them down the toilet or dump them in landfill. I put them in a bag and dropped them off at the local pharmacist. Easy! Nothing bad happened.

Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 am

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I can't believe something as innocuous as just handing over old drugs can cause so much fear and trepidation.

It's not fear and trepidation.  It is seething anger and ridicule for a gov't who lies and gaslights its citizens.  It may seem like fear to those from other nations who busted their asses complying with gov't orders to take an injection questionably produced and vetted.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/may/23/pandemic-holds-mirror-to-who-australians-really-are-and-its-not-who-we-thought

I don't bust my ass complying with government regulations and an old anonymous opinion piece saying that they HOPE more people will get vaccinated in Oz does nothing for your argument other than make you look foolish.   Rolling Eyes

Why does EVERYTHING have to be related to the jab with some of you?  Your paranoia is disturbing.  This has NOTHING to do with the freaking jab!

Both extremes in the US are going to bring it crashing down.   Everyone watching from afar can see it.

Other than the odd geriatric at the bowling club , covid never makes it in to lexicon here now days Its done and dusted, Im sure you can still get a vaccine if you want one

If you wanted a jab here you'd have to actively try and seek one out. Which, of course, NO-ONE is doing.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 am

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:

Maybe it's just a campaign to remind people that they can drop off unwanted drugs in a way that stops hundreds of millions of people flushing them into the waterways?  I honestly don't see how the government can harm you.

I don't know anything about Melania's war on opioids.  This is the first time it's been mentioned so maybe you're right.

Scratch your name off the bottle, put them in a bag and it's done.  I really cannot see anything to make a fuss about.   Or don't.     DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.   - Page 5 553500953

I had to clear out someone's medications recently.  There were dozens upon dozens of them.  Strong ones too.  There was no way I'd flush them down the toilet or dump them in landfill.  I put them in a bag and dropped them off at the local pharmacist.  Easy!  Nothing bad happened.

Opioids is one drug i would not ditch lol
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thom Paine Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 am

Red Lily wrote:What's the problem with dropping off unused medication for disposal?

Why ?
Why not keep it for future use ?

Thom Paine

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 am

Thom Paine wrote:
Red Lily wrote:What's the problem with dropping off unused medication for disposal?

Why ?
Why not keep it for future use ?

That would depend on what they are.  Some you could keep but others you may never want again?

Of course keep what you might want for future use but anything you aren't likely to use again? Why not dispose of them responsibly? I just don't see a problem with this.

Last edited by Red Lily on Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Lily
Red Lily

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:18 am

vege57 wrote:
2cent wrote:

Better yet, don't put words in my mouth. Who said I was paranoid?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 am

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:

These drop boxes for unwanted drugs are common knowledge.  They're all over the place, so the general public is more than well aware of them.  So, even if this 'campaign' is nothing more than trying to upstage Melania's 'cause' of going after opioids, there's something not quite right going on here.  These people never do anything for altruist in their lives.

Maybe it's just a campaign to remind people that they can drop off unwanted drugs in a way that stops hundreds of millions of people flushing them into the waterways?  I honestly don't see how the government can harm you.

I don't know anything about Melania's war on opioids.  This is the first time it's been mentioned so maybe you're right.

Scratch your name off the bottle, put them in a bag and it's done.  I really cannot see anything to make a fuss about.   Or don't.     DEA takeback day Saturday April 27, 2024.   - Page 5 553500953

I had to clear out someone's medications recently.  There were dozens upon dozens of them.  Strong ones too.  There was no way I'd flush them down the toilet or dump them in landfill.  I put them in a bag and dropped them off at the local pharmacist.  Easy!  Nothing bad happened.

From Melania Trump's Farewell Address:
[quote]The mission of BE BEST is to focus on some of the major issues facing children today, with the goal of encouraging children to BE BEST in their individual paths, while also teaching them the importance of social, emotional, and physical health. BE BEST will concentrate on three main pillars: well-being, online safety, and opioid abuse.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/bebest/

Mrs. Trump, who has focused many of her public efforts on health issues such as the nation’s opioid crisis, tweeted earlier in the day that the appearance was a nod to Recovery Month.
https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-virus-outbreak-new-hampshire-melania-trump-opioids-548f78bd1710aa49e482c901f1ca32fb

The platform will focus on three main issues facing today's children that Mrs. Trump said are of particular concern to her: physical and emotional well-being, social media use, and the opioid abuse.

As part of her “Be Best” campaign, first lady Melania Trump spoke about the opioid crisis with Eric Bolling at a town hall in Las Vegas.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?458531-1/lady-melania-trump-town-hall-opioid-crisis

As First Lady, Melania Trump's main issue was focused on children, how to communicate with them, and mostly, opioid abuse.

But it's not hard to see how someone could've missed it.  It's not like the Dem bought and paid for media had one kind word to direct toward one of the most beautiful people - inside, and out - to grace this earth.

I don't know where I went wrong w/the quoting or whatnot, but absolutely MUST get some sleep. I try to fix it later.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

This TAKEBACK Event, yesterday, was conducted by the Diversion control Division of the DEA.   Diversion?    Define Diversion.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/diversion
Diversion is a noun that means a change of direction, a taking of attention, or a legal system that allows someone to avoid punishment. Learn more about the different meanings, usage, and examples of diversion from Cambridge Dictionary.

Avoid punishment.    Does that mean that if you have a prescription that has expired or you have a few pills left over that you are a candidate for punishment?    

I haven't seen any notices on how successful the DEA was on their takeback day but it ended at 2pm yesterday.   Well hell...i've been to Yard Sales that have lasted longer than a 2pm cut off.

Personally.  I don't think it was very successful but I GUESS i'll wait for the DEA gov't propaganda to come out now. Perhaps there will be awards for the best performance by a collection/drop off location?  the most number of script pills turned in?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next