Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is soccer not more popular in the US?

+6
Red Lily
billy the kid
Sprintcyclist
vege57
jirqoadai
Lummy
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why is soccer not more popular in the US?

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:11 am

Calypso Jones wrote:So apparently some soccer player came out as Gay today.    Hell.  I thought they all were gay.

I think you misheard it.

A soccer player came out as NOT gay.

Sprintcyclist

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why is soccer not more popular in the US?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:19 am

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:I lettered in High School for lacrosse , baseball , wrestling ,basketball ,track and Soccer (never tried out for football -no time) and soccer was my least liked and most boring sport and yes it was more boring than baseball . Most of the sports utilize some kind of analytic skills and a certáin level of mental preparation figuring out a plan on what may take place next and how to combat it . Soccer was running back and forth chasing a ball that you were following 100 yards away .
Of the above I'm rating Lacrosse as the top all around sport I played because of speed , body contact,and the one one experience  - I probably would have like rugby because of its contact  but that sport wasn't in any of my schools at the time.
I majored in hunting and fishing.
I was certified in paddling a piroque and a bateau,  and in headlight repair(for frogging).
Later on I went professional with a custom built aluminum skiff and 40HP outboard with tiller handle.

Boy you ain't never worked until you drive a tiller handle outboard  and have to constantly pick up your motor IN GEAR , jumping logs, cypress knees, and clearing water hyacinths and hydrilla  from the prop.
"Headlight repair for froging" ?  Back in the day when I'd be crabbing off a dock in the Great South Bay people would waste batteries trying to lure the blue claws to the dock to net them . I went out and bought a 100 ft extension cord and spliced 2 clamps on the male end (ouch)so I could attach it to my car battery and plugged a headlight into the female end :) of the cord  . That sucker would draw in Jaws if he was hanging out in the bay .
Was your froger light the same high technology ?

I could steal juice from the neighbor's electric fence!  :thumbsup2:

As long as you dont mind your lights coming on and off every second or so lol
You make dat go into a battery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:59 pm

Soccer is gay.

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:44 pm

I love soccer. Simple game. Inexpensive to play. Best exercise for the buck, bar none. A women's game is as fast moving as men's.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:57 pm

I love soccer as well. Both my kids played and I loved every minute of it.

My Scottish grandfather used to say soccer (which was real football to him) is a game of skill whereas football is a game for thugs. I can't disagree.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:03 pm

Red Lily wrote:I love soccer as well.  Both my kids played and I loved every minute of it.

My Scottish grandfather used to say soccer (which was real football to him) is a game of skill whereas football is a game for thugs.  I can't disagree.

Tom Brady is a thug. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:15 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I love soccer as well.  Both my kids played and I loved every minute of it.

My Scottish grandfather used to say soccer (which was real football to him) is a game of skill whereas football is a game for thugs.  I can't disagree.

There are always exceptions and Tom Brady is one. Tom Brady is the GOAT!
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:18 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

There are always exceptions and Tom Brady is one.  Tom Brady is the GOAT!

No. No! No exceptions! I already sent him a tweet of your post. Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 4 773625082

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:20 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

There are always exceptions and Tom Brady is one.  Tom Brady is the GOAT!

No. No! No exceptions! I already sent him a tweet of your post.  Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 4 773625082

He probably has you blocked! Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 4 773625082
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:57 pm

Soccer is more aggressive game than American football, Usually the spectators lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next