Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is soccer not more popular in the US?

+6
Red Lily
billy the kid
Sprintcyclist
vege57
jirqoadai
Lummy
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is soccer not more popular in the US?

Post by vege57 Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:16 am

Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:I lettered in High School for lacrosse , baseball , wrestling ,basketball ,track and Soccer (never tried out for football -no time) and soccer was my least liked and most boring sport and yes it was more boring than baseball . Most of the sports utilize some kind of analytic skills and a certáin level of mental preparation figuring out a plan on what may take place next and how to combat it . Soccer was running back and forth chasing a ball that you were following 100 yards away .
Of the above I'm rating Lacrosse as the top all around sport I played because of speed , body contact,and the one one experience  - I probably would have like rugby because of its contact  but that sport wasn't in any of my schools at the time.
I majored in hunting and fishing.
I was certified in paddling a piroque and a bateau,  and in headlight repair(for frogging).
Later on I went professional with a custom built aluminum skiff and 40HP outboard with tiller handle.

Boy you ain't never worked until you drive a tiller handle outboard  and have to constantly pick up your motor IN GEAR , jumping logs, cypress knees, and clearing water hyacinths and hydrilla  from the prop.
"Headlight repair for froging" ?  Back in the day when I'd be crabbing off a dock in the Great South Bay people would waste batteries trying to lure the blue claws to the dock to net them . I went out and bought a 100 ft extension cord and spliced 2 clamps on the male end (ouch)so I could attach it to my car battery and plugged a headlight into the female end :) of the cord  . That sucker would draw in Jaws if he was hanging out in the bay .
Was your froger light the same high technology ?

Can we assume that your "Tim the tool man Taylor" fix was successful ?
vege57
vege57

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is soccer not more popular in the US?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:19 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:I lettered in High School for lacrosse , baseball , wrestling ,basketball ,track and Soccer (never tried out for football -no time) and soccer was my least liked and most boring sport and yes it was more boring than baseball . Most of the sports utilize some kind of analytic skills and a certáin level of mental preparation figuring out a plan on what may take place next and how to combat it . Soccer was running back and forth chasing a ball that you were following 100 yards away .
Of the above I'm rating Lacrosse as the top all around sport I played because of speed , body contact,and the one one experience  - I probably would have like rugby because of its contact  but that sport wasn't in any of my schools at the time.
I was certified in paddling a piroque and a bateau,  and in headlight repair(for frogging).
Later on I went professional with a custom built aluminum skiff and 40HP outboard with tiller handle.

Boy you ain't never worked until you drive a tiller handle outboard  and have to constantly pick up your motor IN GEAR , jumping logs, cypress knees, and clearing water hyacinths and hydrilla  from the prop.
"Headlight repair for froging" ?  Back in the day when I'd be crabbing off a dock in the Great South Bay people would waste batteries trying to lure the blue claws to the dock to net them . I went out and bought a 100 ft extension cord and spliced 2 clamps on the male end (ouch)so I could attach it to my car battery and plugged a headlight into the female end :) of the cord  . That sucker would draw in Jaws if he was hanging out in the bay .

I could steal juice from the neighbor's electric fence! :thumbsup2:

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:41 pm

So apparently some soccer player came out as Gay today. Hell. I thought they all were gay.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:52 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:So apparently some soccer player came out as Gay today.    Hell.  I thought they all were gay.

Why would you think that ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:So apparently some soccer player came out as Gay today.    Hell.  I thought they all were gay.
So did I.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:10 pm

vege57 wrote:
Maybe 'cuz none look like Refrigerator Perry? Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 3 553500953
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 pm

2cent wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Maybe 'cuz none look like Refrigerator Perry?  Why is soccer not more popular in the US? - Page 3 553500953

I have seen plenty of attractive young women playing soccer in NZ, with their boyfriends watching
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:54 pm

Heh heh heh ...

Have you ever played it? You should play it. It's a great sport that evidently has some serious problems in the pros. I explained that above. Anyway, there's nothing about soccer that deserves that reputation. In fact, discussion boards are mainly where you hear about it -- just a bunch of hubris BS. I played for a couple years and I'm not gay. Furthermore, I was never come on to by another player.

It's the American football hubris that's the problem there It's also why you don't have nice things.

Do you?

That reputation is why I prefer watching women's soccer. Nobody cares if women players are gay -- well, except maybe for that one troglodyte freak.
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am

Lummy wrote:Heh heh heh ...

Have you ever played it? You should play it. It's a great sport that evidently has some serious problems in the pros. I explained that above. Anyway, there's nothing about soccer that deserves that reputation. In fact, discussion boards are mainly where you hear about it -- just a bunch of hubris BS. I played for a couple years and I'm not gay. Furthermore, I was never come on to by another player.

It's the American football hubris that's the problem there It's also why you don't have nice things.

Do you?

That reputation is why I prefer watching women's soccer. Nobody cares if women players are gay -- well, except maybe for that one troglodyte freak.

""It's the American football hubris that's the problem there It's also why you don't have nice things.

Do you?""

Its always had for any sport to break into the main stream of a country . when the psyche of the people is ingrained in a sport that is established and loved

Im not sure what you mean by "Do you"
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:14 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I could steal juice from the neighbor's electric fence!  :thumbsup2:

As long as you dont mind your lights coming on and off every second or so lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next