Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts about Film etc

+6
vege57
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
JMWinPR
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
10 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Random thoughts about Film etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Random thoughts about Film etc

Post by Casey Jones Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:57 pm

vege57 wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:They can do whatever the hell they want.

I stopped watching their antics, even for free...decades ago.

Yeah, it's a pretty sterile existence.  Except, I'm not devastated when movies change from entertainment venues, to Woketard preaching, lecturing and condeming me for my sex and skin color.

I sensed a long time ago, they hated me and my ilk.  Mocked my class and my lifestyle.

So...the more Jabbed dead Hollyweirdos we have, the better.

"""I stopped watching their antics, even for free...decades ago.""

What type of stuff do you watch BigC  ?  Random thoughts about Film etc - Page 10 293021872

The trees, and flowers, and chirping birds.

Ever climb a mountain?

Ever ride a motorcycle across America? Or, even, Europe?

Ever get drunk in a waterfront pub in a town you'd never been to, with your traveling companions?

Ever take a road trip, WITHOUT hotel rooms, and wake up with the sun, in your sleeping bag? Make coffee on a stump, or on the tailgate of your Japanese ute? And see the sun glisten off Georgetown, Colorado, off below you?

Ever really get lost in a good book?

Ever sit down and watch a movie, maybe decades old, that you'd never seen or saw as a kid?

For more mundane "entertainment" I listen to podcasts. Discussions - economics, law and politics. I do this while doing drudge work or routine exercise.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts about Film etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Random thoughts about Film etc

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:45 pm

Scrolling through some options and run across... The end of the Clinton's.  I thought, 'documentary'!!!
Nope.   Western. 1935.

Well I guess it's gonna take a little longer. Obviously they didn't take the jab.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:38 pm

Do you know what happens to many of the used up little boys and girls who have been trafficked??   They sell them for their organs. What hospitals are buying them?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:02 am

Never did care for 2001 a space odyssey..  for lack of anything else to watch, I watched it.  It is still bs.

Am I missing something?   Lol

apparently not.

https://whatculture.com/film/10-common-criticisms-of-2001-a-space-odyssey-and-why-they-have-no-validity

oh yeah they have validity.

ome of the most revered films?   we started screwing up back in the sixties obviously.

https://www.history.com/news/making-2001-a-space-odyssey

What was Kubrick thinking??lolol
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:22 am

Predicting the future is a sketchy thing.

Kubrick, being innately intelligent, believed more people were like him and our society would reflect that.

Obviously it has not. IQ and public discourse, AND CUSTOMS...all show a massive dumbing down.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:30 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Predicting the future is a sketchy thing.

Kubrick, being innately intelligent, believed more people were like him and our society would reflect that.

Obviously it has not.  IQ and public discourse, AND CUSTOMS...all show a massive dumbing down.

Well kubrick obviously thought himself more intelligent than the average bear...and his fans also...They thought him intelligent and because they adored him...they are intelligent also..moreso than us ignorant dirty expendables.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:54 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:Predicting the future is a sketchy thing.

Obviously it has not.  IQ and public discourse, AND CUSTOMS...all show a massive dumbing down.

Well kubrick obviously thought himself more intelligent than the average bear...and his fans also...They thought him intelligent and because they adored him...they are intelligent also..moreso than us ignorant dirty expendables.

he was one of the worlds best directors.
Mind expanding and evocative. I liked 'Barry Lyndon', among his other ones.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:39 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:

They weren't so contemptuous back then.

Malthusianism was scarcely A Thing. Only the demented, who usually were also homosexual or otherwise deviant, had such a hatred of life.

I have little idea what Kubrick thought of others; but he wasn't giving TED talks; he wasn't trying to re-introduce malaria; he wasn't looking to somehow make fake vaccines that instead sterilize and/or kill the patients. He was making MOVIES.

PRODUCTIVE work. That's what people had to do to become rich, before the Fake Money Printing epidemic made lethal conspiracies and Endless War, the way to fast riches for the crony elite.

I just think Kubrick thought we were going to be in a new Golden Age. Instead, we're finding, we had just LEFT a Golden Age, and were starting on the peaking, and then the Third Turning (decline, leading to collapse) of the 80-year Generational cycle.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:51 pm

This is actually....The Ah Tuh.  you ignorant pigs.    and here's what miranda and Felicia Rashad (cosby show, now that was high art) want.

Miranda and "The Cosby Show" star Phylicia Rashad pleaded with lawmakers to furnish the theater industry with $500 million in annual federal funding for the next five years – a total of $2.5 billion in taxpayer funds.

I thought i mentioned that i was watching Hamilton...well...i got half way through it...My granddaughter loves it...the music and the film.   so.  there is that.   I don't care for it.  

now this:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/lin-manuel-miranda-bailout-theaters

'Hamilton' creator Lin-Manuel Miranda wants $2.5 billion taxpayer-funded bailout for failing theater companies

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:01 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I thought i mentioned that i was watching Hamilton...well...i got half way through it...My granddaughter loves it...the music and the film.   so.  there is that.   I don't care for it.  

now this:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/lin-manuel-miranda-bailout-theaters

Zero interest in a play/movie about white people, casted with all black people.

And Hamilton was not a nice guy. He was a believer in Mayer Rothschild's maxim: "Let me control a nation's money, and I care nothing for who makes its laws."

He created our decimal system of money. Good.

He ALSO created the (first) Bank of the United States, an attempt to introduce Central Banking into the nation from its start. It didn't survive - Jackson was not the only one opposed to currency management (manipulation) through a sovereign Central Bank.

And his source of wealth was to be out of the war debt of the new republic. He was actively buying up and arbitraging various claims and chits of money owed, for pennies on the dollar - and only at that point, did he agree with Franklin that the government debt was to be honored at all times.

We think such a Constitutional clause is noble, and it was. But it was passed for the most self-serving, base motivations imaginable.

It was probably well he was shot in the duel with Burr - who himself was no monolith of patriotism. Two scheming scumbags, on an island in the Hudson River, there to kill each other. One dead, the other a pariah for the rest of his life.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next