Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts about Film etc

+6
vege57
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
JMWinPR
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
10 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Random thoughts about Film etc Empty Random thoughts about Film etc

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:47 pm

Did Stanley Kubrick die of a heart attack quietly in his bed or was he murdered?

I disliked this movie. It made me feel very uncomfortable.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

JMWinPR and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts about Film etc Empty Re: Random thoughts about Film etc

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:58 am

Gunn's 2021 Suicide Squad is NOT doing well at ALL. And as the article says, the media will chalk it up to the Covid Scam and this that and the other rather than....Americans don't want to see this C*** from a pedo Producer/director.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/08/08/nolte-pro-blacklist-director-james-gunns-suicide-squad-is-a-box-office-catastrophe/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:22 am

10 Canoes is a great movie.

A 2006 Australian movie

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Sean Penn's latest movie, Flag Day flops.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/08/23/nolte-sean-penns-new-movie-flag-day-tanks/

good.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:14 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Did Stanley Kubrick die of a heart attack quietly in his bed or was he murdered?

I disliked this movie.  It made me feel very uncomfortable.

I have not seen that one.
I've seen a few movies that made me feel uncomfortable and disiked them.
Movies that did not have something to say, that dwelled on 'bad' decisions or people

Sprintcyclist

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 am

Can't wait for the weekend, I'm gonna Jones out on all 3 Machete films

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:00 pm

Watching not much of anything last nite on TV..roku of course.   I only had to pay of the teensy boxes and that's it. I DO NOT purchase anything on ROKU and other channels cause i am  not going to give them one red cent.

anyway.  Jason Mamoa's Conan was on and of course they used Ron Perlman as Conan's big daddy.   With the scuffy bear and all and i said...DAMN....THAT LOOKS LIKE HARRY  HENDERSON!!!    Remember Harry and the Hendersons?

LOLOLOL

Random thoughts about Film etc 16da91b466f1e673d23c44fb45fb377c Random thoughts about Film etc Behind-the-mask_kevin-peter-hall-harry-henderson_sin-mascara

dead ringer heh? Kevin Peter Hall now deceased, died at 35, probably had marfans.
I need one of perlman smiling.    And believe me...those are NOT his arms. LOLOL
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:24 pm

two faces of January.   Viggo Mortensen, Kirsten Dunst, Oscar Isaac.    Pretty good.

This guy, a well to do conman (mortensen) and his much younger wife Collette (Dunst) are travelling in Greece. Some detective finds him, They briefly fight, the detective falls and hits his head, dead. Mortensen is carrying the guy back to his room pretending he's drunk and his tour guide that day, Isaacs, sees him,helps him. Viggo gives him some cock and bull story and Isaac helps him and his pretty wife get new passports under other names and get out of country. They have to go to smaller town to get out of athens and wait for passports..4 days. I the meantime, viggo is drunk, they're evading cops, Isaacs figures out what happens and attempts to extort a small fortune. I should have said that isaacs was a swindler himself. They are looking for a place to hold up for the night out of rain because she got off the buss in a panic thinking she'd been identified. They go into these ruins.. Viggo goes into it deeper to find warmer spot hidden. Isaacs and Dunst hear something and isaacs follows Viggo thinking he'd fallen. Viggo hits him in head and knocks him out providing a wire . Viggo proceeds to admit to the deaths/murder of the detective and the wife and he dies..and isaacs is free.

I hate it when people start a story and then say. Im not telling you anymore cause it will spoil it for you. I spoil it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:46 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/12/11/nolte-steven-spielbergs-woke-west-side-story-bombs-with-10m-opening/

Spielberg's WOKE remake of West Side Story did not do well this past weekend. That's because people do not want to see remakes. They do not want to see WOKE films and actually they will not support any thing out of holleh woood these days. That's what chu get.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:19 pm

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/01/100-million-latinx-bomb-daniel-greenfield-0/

bomb.   They got nothing.  No new or new to this generation ideas that work.   Latinos don't go to movies like caucasians do...and even caucasians are sick and tired of this woke BS.

The Latinx crisis is both political and cultural. It’s why Democrats struggle with a Latino electorate that appears to swing with current affairs, rather than staying on the plantation. And it’s why Latino audiences don’t seem all that interested in playing their part in the culture war.

Disney’s losses on West Side Story may well be nothing compared to the massive losses that Democrats have begun suffering from Latino voters who are sending an equally clear message.

What Latinos want from their politicians and their movies is not so different from what everyone else wants when they go to vote or out for the weekend. There are real cultural and national differences, but when the wokes deny the possibility of universalism, they spend all their time talking down to Latinos, instead of talking to them. And that’s how Spielberg’s $100 million bet turned into a huge box office bomb and why the 2022 midterm elections are looking grim.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next