Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 75 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Daily Bread Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:21 am

Just got hit with a good size earthquake at about 10:30. There was a small one at 6:53 am that nots getting reported. Since we don't get much earthquake activity out here most didn't realize what it was . It was definitely the worst I've experienced out here - thought the house was going to come down on me and it lasted 30 - 40 seconds .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 75 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:50 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Just got hit with a good size earthquake at about 10:30. There was a small one at 6:53 am that nots getting reported. Since we don't get much earthquake activity out here most didn't realize what it was . It was definitely the worst I've experienced out here - thought the house was going to come down on me and it lasted 30 - 40 seconds .

I've been trying to keep up with the latest. I bet it was a wild ride in the high rises.

I'm glad you're ok and safe and i hope for no more aftershocks.

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:13 pm

Stay safe DB! What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 75 725020630
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:29 pm

It was like a life and death moment for me ! My 12 oz Pabst Blue Ribbon almost fell off the table .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:32 pm

Red Lily wrote:Stay safe DB!  What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 75 725020630
I'm good now RL ! I ran out and got some of that bubble wrap and the other beers are protected .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:37 pm

Daily Bread wrote:It was like a life and death moment for me ! My 12 oz Pabst Blue Ribbon almost fell off the table .

That's catastrophic!  Hochul should declare a state of emergency and truck in PBR draft in tankers!

I had not had a beer since March 5.
I had a(one) Shiners Bock for easter.
I was thinking about opening one, but its too late now.
I have to take pills soon. The only ones that really relieve pain.

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:14 pm

Daily Bread wrote:It was like a life and death moment for me ! My 12 oz Pabst Blue Ribbon almost fell off the table .

That's alcohol abuse.

I feel your pain. Out of the blue, on an area not even understood to be part of a fault (later it was decided it was part of the New Madrid fault line)...we, meaning, Painesville Ohio, had a 5.0 quake. I had never been through one...I've been through three, since, including Northridge in California.

I was working with the Welfare Department. Our building was on an old flood plain for the Grand River - a flood plain that hadn't flooded in a century - but the old bank was behind the structure, and a road went down the hill. Curved to avoid the cut for our parking lot, and then across the bridge. Ours was a modern one-story building.

The whole thing began to shake. I thought a garbage truck got away and had landed on the roof...I went into our unit's common area and tried to open the window to jump out of.

Tom, our unit's supervisor, had grown up in California...he knew what it was. He just got into a steel door frame, and when he saw me fighting that window, and getting ready to smash it, he just laffed like a loon.

It wasn't all fun and games, though. A 100-year-old bridge over the Grand River, further downstream, was partly knocked off the foundation. It was already known to be substandard, and cops shut it immediately. Good thing.

But, that, and then a quake right here in Missoula, seven years ago...not fun.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:54 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

That's catastrophic!  Hochul should declare a state of emergency and truck in PBR draft in tankers!

Take the Shiners Bock instead - the pills are addictive
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:11 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Take the Shiners Bock instead - the pills are addictive
I'm going to have one today at 3pm. Thats when i get shade on the back deck on the rocker.
Chair , not Alice Cooper.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:23 pm

Its cold and damp up here and having a brew right now isn't appealing . I'm having a nice Irish Mist without ice and enjoying the Tampa Bay / Pittsburg hockey game .
Molotov !
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next