Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 4 of 78 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 ... 78  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by JMWinPR Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:23 am

Yep, my Humility Index is down a bit. Gotta read some more posts by @Calypso Jones.

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:52 pm

JMWinPR wrote:Yep, my Humility Index is down a bit. Gotta read some more posts by @Calypso Jones.

I like that girl.

HawkTheSlayer, JMWinPR and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:28 pm

JMWinPR wrote:Slept on the roof last night. Scattered clouds until 1 or so. Had to put on a light blanket. Cleared by 2 for the rest of the night. Saw 5 meteors, all from different directions. Was up most of the night gazing. Too tired for my morning swim. This is the 5th time Ive done this but the first I didn't get rained out.
Hi mid 80's Lo mid 70's
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:39 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Mid 60s at night. Mid 70s during the day.
Been a very mild winter here so far. But I think official winter starts today or on the solstice.  

But we could get some crippling cold later. Like we did last year in February.  

I think the strong front makes it through here Saturday with cold temps for Sunday and mo day and then back to mild temps again.
Prolly have to run the AC for xmas.
We's close, but not 'zactly.  Near 70 yesterday, 60's today, 40 on Sat., w/an overnight low of 25.  My daughter, who's driving her kids to TN on Sat won't listen.  Best get those kids winter coats!

Last edited by 2cent on Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:24 pm

I saw somebody in our area posted on Nextdoor this morning that they had acquired a trampoline in their backyard after the winds last night...
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

HawkTheSlayer and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm

Elizabeth Theus wrote:I saw somebody in our area posted on Nextdoor this morning that they had acquired a trampoline in their backyard after the winds last night...
Ha! Same thing happened to my daughter when in Japan this last year. The yards/homes are all alike, lined up in a row, of course. They had a 'lock down' period, but all the neighbors were busily texting one another:
*I've got a trampoline in the backyard.
*I've got a blowup swimming pool that's not ours.
*Anyone missing a turtle shape sandbox?

So yeah. 'Nextdoor' is pretty cool. Cool
2cent
2cent

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:54 pm

2cent wrote:
Elizabeth Theus wrote:I saw somebody in our area posted on Nextdoor this morning that they had acquired a trampoline in their backyard after the winds last night...
Ha!  Same thing happened to my daughter when in Japan this last year.  The yards/homes are all alike, lined up in a row, of course.  They had a 'lock down' period, but all the neighbors were busily texting one another:

So yeah.  'Nextdoor' is pretty cool. Cool

It CAN be pretty cool. On the other hand, I watched last summer as a bunch of brown shirts managed to shut down a couple of businesses because of their bitching about everybody in their stores not wearing masks. I couldn't believe how vicious they were about it.
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

2cent and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:13 am

Elizabeth Theus wrote:
2cent wrote:
Ha!  Same thing happened to my daughter when in Japan this last year.  The yards/homes are all alike, lined up in a row, of course.  They had a 'lock down' period, but all the neighbors were busily texting one another:

So yeah.  'Nextdoor' is pretty cool. Cool

It CAN be pretty cool.  On the other hand, I watched last summer as a bunch of brown shirts managed to shut down a couple of businesses because of their bitching about everybody in their stores not wearing masks.  I couldn't believe how vicious they were about it.
Sadly, the world is filled with Mrs. Kravitz's. Mad
2cent
2cent

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:12 am

My porch faces East and I have about a 120 degree view. Vieques to the right, Culebra just left of center with St T behind it. No clouds, first in about a week. Soooo I decided to forego my sunrise swim and watch the sun rise. It should appear just about at Isabelle Segunda on the north side of Vieques. By summer it has "traveled" to the other side of Culebra, so far north I can't see it. Have no fear, I will head for my swim after sunrise.
FWIW, it is a bit cool this AM. I'm wearing a sweatshirt.

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:51 am

Well off for my swim. Have a couple of good pix, but unable to figure out how to post them
Mebbe one o duh gurus can hep a pore ol coullon?

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 78 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 ... 78  Next