Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skills shortage in Australia

+2
HawkTheSlayer
billy the kid
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Skills shortage in Australia - Page 5 Empty Re: Skills shortage in Australia

Post by vege57 Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:05 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:That's how things morph into a Failed State.

Everything quits working, and there's dozens of flavors of tribal resentment.

Wait a few months, until food and energy run out.

""Wait a few months, until food and energy run out""

This could be a real issue in Europe coming into winter,

Worldwide, including here.

Us country types, many of us have some level of prepping.  Many of us live in small communities or have tightly-knit circles.

The big-city residents, most of them live paycheck to paycheck, deep in debt...and don't know who lives in the next condo.  THEY ain't gonna do too well.  This lockdown thing was just a flavor...wait until even Walmart is stripped bare of food.

It doesn't worry me too much here in NZ, If push came to shove I can produce all I need to eat from the property , A very moderate climate here in west Auckland we didn't even get a frost this winter
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:07 pm

Can you do that with government enforcers ordering you not to farm, to stay inside "for the children?" Can you do that without fertilizer, or fuel for your tractors? Can you protect your planting from looters, or arsonists?

What we're looking at, is gonna be epic.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:10 pm

billy the kid wrote:My kitchen pantry is absolutely chockers...
Ive been prepping for months....

I've got 18 sheep and 10 lambs running around the property, a chest freezer chocker full of beef lamb and pork , and some veg in the garden, plenty of fire wood, and ammunition, lol
vege57
vege57

billy the kid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:16 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Can you do that with government enforcers ordering you not to farm, to stay inside "for the children?"  Can you do that without fertilizer, or fuel for your tractors?  Can you protect your planting from looters, or arsonists?

What we're looking at, is gonna be epic.

At this point we don't have any controls regarding what I run or grow on my property, plenty of rabbits runnin around If one gets hungry, as far as fertiliser goes , Im not running a commercial operation so with best practice and a bit of seaweed its not a problem
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:26 pm

In NZ at the moment there appears to be a bit of a breakdown of law and order, people going into supermarkets filling their trolleys and leaving without paying, we are getting ram raids on businesses ever night in Auckland, usually the perps are black and under 17 years of age, the supermarket thefts are so common now the companies don't report them, as the police never turn up to investigate

In the last 12 months car thefts have gone up 75% in Auckland , we have a liberal government that are soft on punishment, 6 months back a farmer held a 16 year old at gun point, the 3rd time this kid had broken into his property, , a scuffle ensued between this kid and the farmer and his son they ended up cutting the kids finger off. the police prosecuted the farmer and his son, there where found not guilty in a jury trial, Thank god !
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer and billy the kid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billy the kid Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:47 am

vege57 wrote:In NZ at the moment there appears to be a bit of a breakdown of law and order, people going into supermarkets filling their trolleys and leaving without paying, we are getting ram raids on businesses ever night in Auckland, usually the perps are black and under 17 years of age, the supermarket thefts are so common now the companies don't report them, as the police never turn up to investigate

In the last 12 months car thefts have gone up 75% in Auckland , we have a liberal government that are soft on punishment, 6 months back a farmer held a 16 year old at gun point, the 3rd time this kid had broken into his property, , a scuffle ensued between this kid and the farmer and his son they ended up cutting the kids finger off. the police prosecuted the farmer and his son, there where found not guilty in a jury trial, Thank god !

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/kununurra-police-beef-up-patrols-to-crack-down-on-escalating-youth-crime-at-shopping-complex/ar-AA11kJIO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6310341547b84aa5ac085a53
Youth crime is also rife all across Oz...
From Kununurra (WA) to Condobolin (NSW) to Cairns (Qld)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpiQrcgGw-w
https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/farnorth/category/areas/farnorthern-region/cairns/
The collapse of society is upon us...

billy the kid

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billy the kid Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:52 am

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/construction-industry-one-of-the-worst-for-gender-diversity/ar-AA11kZtS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=631032ffcd814190a89baaae22122c2e
Oh gimme a break.....
It wont be long before the only job men have will be brickies or concreters...
Unless of course they are stay at home dads breastfeeding their babies...

billy the kid

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:02 am

billy the kid wrote:
vege57 wrote:In NZ at the moment there appears to be a bit of a breakdown of law and order, people going into supermarkets filling their trolleys and leaving without paying, we are getting ram raids on businesses ever night in Auckland, usually the perps are black and under 17 years of age, the supermarket thefts are so common now the companies don't report them, as the police never turn up to investigate

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/kununurra-police-beef-up-patrols-to-crack-down-on-escalating-youth-crime-at-shopping-complex/ar-AA11kJIO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6310341547b84aa5ac085a53

It reminds me of a situation about 20 years back i was at a friends place for a BBQ and some youths turned up outside his house making a racket getting abusive and smashing beer bottles . I went out and told them to fuck off, and one got lippy with me , A good smack in the fucken head sorted his attitude out, The rest looked set for a go but a few neighbors stepped up and we moved them on . My friends wife is a bit of a bible basher and gave me a hard time for assaulting the kid, lol

I was a little feistier back then
vege57
vege57

Casey Jones and billy the kid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billy the kid Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:23 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/albanese-government-will-increase-permanent-migration-to-record-195-000/ar-AA11mBYE?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=af7ce4a78
Does this mean we will need 195,000 shipping containers
for them to live in....

billy the kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:27 pm

billy the kid wrote:

My guess is the perpetrators in those areas are Abos. LOTS of Abos there.

Last edited by Red Lily on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next