Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun Control Activist Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set, Shoots Director

+9
2cent
Sprintcyclist
Casey Jones
Daily Bread
HawkTheSlayer
Red Lily
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
Crusader
13 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Gun Control Activist Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set, Shoots Director - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Control Activist Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set, Shoots Director

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:20 pm

I‘m a firearms dealer. I’m also an NRA Safety Instructor - and an actor.

Rule #1 - “Never point a gun at someone you don’t want to shoot.”

Quite possibly if Alec Baldwin had learned to properly use a firearm and gained more respect for both their utilitarian purpose and their danger—he wouldn’t have discharged a weapon in the direction of 42-year-old Director of Photography Halyna Hutchins.

Accident do happen
Accidents do happen, but when they do, if the basic rules of guns safety are followed the result is usually not tragic— just embarrassing.

I have unintentionally discharged weapons in the course of my forty-year involvement with the use of firearms; but fortunately the resulting discharge was always in the direction of the ground and not where it might have harmed someone.

During my time as a professional actor, I have used “prop” guns on a set two times—once on the Paramount back-lot —and the gun, a 4” .38 Special, was jealously guarded by the Armorer. I received the gun moments before the filming started and then the gun was taken back immediately after the filming stopped. Only the armorer had access to the weapon.

I did a scene on Miami Vice opposite Don Johnson, and during the scene he was to pull his Smith and Wesson .45ACP and point it at me. I demanded to check the weapon, but was initially rebuffed by the Armorer. I went to the director and told him I wouldn’t do the scene unless I first checked the gun, explaining that I was an NRA Safety Instructor and that SAG rules allowed me to confirm that the gun was unloaded. Ultimately, the armorer, checked the gun, including magazine, in front of me and guaranteed that Johnson wouldn’t have the gun until the filming started.

If Baldwin had more respect for guns rather than a general disdain for guns, he wouldn’t have pointed the gun at Ms Hutchins
This is where “chain of custody” is a life or death matter. One never knows if a Looney Tunes individual will put an actual live cartridge in the gun when no one is looking.

I was a Featured Day Player on Miami Vice and Johnson was the Star - but safety rules apply to everyone —especially on a movie set where there is much going on and there is a great deal of pressure to get a scene in the can as inexpensively as possible.

I will confidentially speculate that, regardless of what happened, the term “accidental discharge” does not cover the situation with Alec Baldwin.

If Baldwin had more respect for guns rather than a general disdain for guns, he wouldn’t have pointed the gun at Ms Hutchins. The arrogance he has displayed in his anti-gun statements is no less arrogant that his flagrantly pointing a gun at a person he didn’t intend to kill.

Rule two: - “All guns are loaded - even when they are not.”

https://canadafreepress.com/article/alec-baldwins-expensive-lesson-about-guns
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Gun Control Activist Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set, Shoots Director - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Control Activist Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set, Shoots Director

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:36 pm

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11001074/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:59 pm

He's in deep deep trouble over this as he was a coproducer of this film set and shares in the safety responsibility . Only days before the crew had walked off the set claiming dangerous conditions . They had the same gun with previous problems regarding misfires , the crew had not been paid for 3 weeks and Baldwin was using non union employees to circumvent payroll and safety . Guns ,even with blanks ,cannot be fires within 20 ft of an actor while filming and its coming out that this may have not been a blank round . Was Baldwin screwing around off set firing with live rounds and left one in it ? Did a disgruntled ex union employee get pissed off and load a live round in the gun to cause it - Baldwin got rid of the union employees a few weeks prior to this . 
Something stinks and I hope Baldwin gets nailed .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

2cent and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:18 pm

The guy is not guilty of any crime, he's on a movie set and the armorer hands him a gun to shoot a scene , its as simple as that

As I thought  it was a revolver as they were shooting some type of western
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:22 pm

Daily Bread wrote:He's in deep deep trouble over this as he was a coproducer of this film set and shares in the safety responsibility . Only days before the crew had walked off the set claiming dangerous conditions . They had the same gun with previous problems regarding misfires , the crew had not been paid for 3 weeks and Baldwin was using non union employees to circumvent payroll and safety . Guns ,even with blanks ,cannot be fires within 20 ft of an actor while filming and its coming out that this may have not been a blank round . Was Baldwin screwing around off set firing with live rounds and left one in it ? Did a disgruntled ex union employee get pissed off and load a live round in the gun to cause it - Baldwin got rid of the union employees a few weeks prior to this . 

He may face health and safety charges as co-producer , but not for the actual shooting

The person that supplied the firearm and loaded it will be in the gun lol
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:32 pm

Daily Bread wrote:He's in deep deep trouble over this as he was a coproducer of this film set and shares in the safety responsibility . Only days before the crew had walked off the set claiming dangerous conditions . They had the same gun with previous problems regarding misfires , the crew had not been paid for 3 weeks and Baldwin was using non union employees to circumvent payroll and safety . Guns ,even with blanks ,cannot be fires within 20 ft of an actor while filming and its coming out that this may have not been a blank round . Was Baldwin screwing around off set firing with live rounds and left one in it ? Did a disgruntled ex union employee get pissed off and load a live round in the gun to cause it - Baldwin got rid of the union employees a few weeks prior to this . 

I hope you're right, that he's in trouble - but he's spent his whole life avoiding consequences of his infantile temper.

The situation I'd like to see, is that the union use its political muscle to get the prosecutors to indict the arsehole...and bring charges of Manslaughter or 2nd Degree Homicide.

Let him die in prison - convinced he got railroaded because the unions hated him. Let him stew on it, that way. And may the courts find him liable, and give his millions to the children of this woman.

Even if her husband was a Clintonoid.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Casey Jones wrote:

I hope you're right, that he's in trouble - but he's spent his whole life avoiding consequences of his infantile temper.

The situation I'd like to see, is that the union use its political muscle to get the prosecutors to indict the arsehole...and bring charges of Manslaughter or 2nd Degree Homicide.

Let him die in prison - convinced he got railroaded because the unions hated him.  Let him stew on it, that way.  And may the courts find him liable, and give his millions to the children of this woman.

Even if her husband was a Clintonoid.

Unless he supplied the gun and loaded it himself he wont face charges, even then if he was given the ammo by the armorer and told it was safe he probably still wont, he may have no real knowledge or familiarity with firearms , at the end of the day he is just an actor ?
vege57
vege57

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:43 pm

The Assistant Director apparently yelled "cold gun" before handing it to him.  Meaning it supposedly carried no live rounds.

Still, you'd have to be an idiot for not checking it yourself before pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:56 am

Red Lily wrote:The Assistant Director apparently yelled "cold gun" before handing it to him.  Meaning it supposedly carried no live rounds.

Still, you'd have to be an idiot for not checking it yourself before pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger.

People do all sorts of stupid things, The company I work for had a lot of firearms around a couple of years back, as the owner had a dealer and manufacturing license, One of the staff member that is a very experienced person, picked up a Winchester .22 pump action rifle, pumped the action to ensure it was unloaded pointed through the lunch room window to check the trigger pull t, A round had hung up in the action, we ended up with a bullet hole in the lunch room window the owner of the company got one through the canopy of his truck and the company on the other side of the egress ended up with it lodged in their office door lol

Even experienced people make mistakes from time to time
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:17 am

Elizabeth Theus wrote:
I‘m a firearms dealer. I’m also an NRA Safety Instructor - and an actor.

Rule #1 - “Never point a gun at someone you don’t want to shoot.”

Quite possibly if Alec Baldwin had learned to properly use a firearm and gained more respect for both their utilitarian purpose and their danger—he wouldn’t have discharged a weapon in the direction of 42-year-old Director of Photography Halyna Hutchins.

Accident do happen
Accidents do happen, but when they do, if the basic rules of guns safety are followed the result is usually not tragic— just embarrassing.

I have unintentionally discharged weapons in the course of my forty-year involvement with the use of firearms; but fortunately the resulting discharge was always in the direction of the ground and not where it might have harmed someone.

During my time as a professional actor,  I have used “prop” guns on a set two times—once on the Paramount back-lot —and the gun, a 4” .38 Special,  was jealously guarded by the Armorer. I received the gun moments before the filming started and then the gun was taken back immediately after the filming stopped. Only the armorer had access to the weapon.

I did a scene on Miami Vice opposite Don Johnson, and during the scene he was to pull his Smith and Wesson .45ACP and point it at me. I demanded to check the weapon, but was initially rebuffed by the Armorer.  I went to the director and told him I wouldn’t do the scene unless I first checked the gun, explaining that I was an NRA Safety Instructor and that SAG rules allowed me to confirm that the gun was unloaded.  Ultimately, the armorer, checked the gun, including magazine, in front of me and guaranteed that Johnson wouldn’t have the gun until the filming started.

If Baldwin had more respect for guns rather than a general disdain for guns, he wouldn’t have pointed the gun at Ms Hutchins
This is where “chain of custody” is a life or death matter. One never knows if a Looney Tunes individual will put an actual live cartridge in the gun when no one is looking.

I was a Featured Day Player on Miami Vice and Johnson was the Star - but safety rules apply to everyone —especially on a movie set where there is much going on and there is a great deal of pressure to get a scene in the can as inexpensively as possible.

I will confidentially speculate that, regardless of what happened, the term “accidental discharge” does not cover the situation with Alec Baldwin.

If Baldwin had more respect for guns rather than a general disdain for guns, he wouldn’t have pointed the gun at Ms Hutchins. The arrogance he has displayed in his anti-gun statements is no less arrogant that his flagrantly pointing a gun at a person he didn’t intend to kill.

Rule two:  - “All guns are loaded - even when they are not.”

https://canadafreepress.com/article/alec-baldwins-expensive-lesson-about-guns

I know nothing about guns. But I have some common sense.

Was it in the script for Baldwin to point the gun at Ms Hutchins ?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next