Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 36 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:43 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:Mountain weather, here.  Started the day cool; quickly the temperature got up to 91.

THEN a weather front came down from one or another mountain ridge...we're surrounded, here.  Thunder, lightning, and melting hail.  Temperature dropped 20 degrees; and the air was 120-percent humid.

It's overcast and stopped raining now - an inch later - but it's still cool and humid.

Rare to have sustained wet weather this late in spring.  We get into Forest Fire season just about now.

Sounds good to me. Lol!

I was thinking today about those days out in the swamp in heavy thunderstorms where I had to bail water out of the back of the boat for 5 minutes at every third trap.
Do dat with a modified Clorox bottle cut to spec.

And the intense lightning all around. Some real close.

I mean, what do you do? Stay put or just keep running traps? Lol.
Who's to say where it will strike?  

And  @Red Lily  worries about me.

And I appreciate that.

You were younger then!  tongue
Lightning don't know age.

Nor does common sense!  tongue

Why is that men always think they can do the same things they did 30 years ago?  OR do dangerous jobs they could probably pay a kid to do?

It not a dangerous job . Cept for hanging moccasins that fall out of the bushes and into the boat. You can't control weather .
When it's your time, it's your time.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 36 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Red Lily Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:59 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:Mountain weather, here.  Started the day cool; quickly the temperature got up to 91.

THEN a weather front came down from one or another mountain ridge...we're surrounded, here.  Thunder, lightning, and melting hail.  Temperature dropped 20 degrees; and the air was 120-percent humid.

It's overcast and stopped raining now - an inch later - but it's still cool and humid.

Rare to have sustained wet weather this late in spring.  We get into Forest Fire season just about now.

Sounds good to me. Lol!

I was thinking today about those days out in the swamp in heavy thunderstorms where I had to bail water out of the back of the boat for 5 minutes at every third trap.

And I appreciate that.

Why is that men always think they can do the same things they did 30 years ago?  OR do dangerous jobs they could probably pay a kid to do?

It not a dangerous job . Cept for hanging moccasins that fall out of the bushes and into the boat. You can't control weather .
When it's your time, it's your time.

Moccasins? I get it now! Snakes?

I was scratching my head and thinking "why the heck would shoes/slippers be falling out of trees?" What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 36 773625082

PS: I agree that when it's your time, it's your time BUT we can also push that forward by doing stupid things like mowing 45 degree inclines. tongue
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Sounds good to me. Lol!

And I appreciate that.

Cause Cajuns are tough MF's.
Way tougher than rednecks!

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:22 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Haze from Canadian poor management wildfires has now come into virginia.  Quite heavy.  see it and smell it...if it gets worse we won't be able to see the mountains.  oh wow..just looked to north east and closest mountain is totally missing.
Wow. And that's after dissipating over several states. Mr. 2 was watching the news, and, although they brought up the wildfires, not one pic was shown. My guess is that they wanted to keep it from being 'real'.

Saw your post where your missing a mountain, as well. That's a lot of smoke! Do you know how far south the fires have traveled?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:27 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Sounds good to me. Lol!

And I appreciate that.

Cause Cajuns are tough MF's.  
Way tougher than rednecks!  
Ha! You take them words back!!! I said it skeert me; not that I wouldn't do it. (Or did I? What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 36 809917594 ) lol
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:11 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Sounds good to me. Lol!

And I appreciate that.
Hey Hawk , Lilys not the only one concerned about you ! You've got plenty of buddies out here that are thinking of you through thick and thin and also during those days ,out on the boat with all that lightning going on ................. About that boat if you happen to get hit by a bolt or two - what kinda shape is the motor in .......
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:22 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Sounds good to me. Lol!

And I appreciate that.

Never miss an opportunity for a tune 
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:01 pm

Its 95°at 3pm. Clothes dries real fast on the line.
Supposed to trend the same through the weekend and all next week.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:35 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Sounds good to me. Lol!

And I appreciate that.
Hey Hawk , Lilys not the only one concerned about you ! You've got plenty of buddies out here that are thinking of you through thick and thin and also during those days ,out on the boat with all that lightning going on ................. About that boat if you happen to get hit by a bolt or two - what kinda shape is the motor in .......
What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 36 3113452308
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:52 pm

Was supposed to rain all day, here.

Bright sunshine outside. I had a few things to do, that I waited until the evening for the traffic to lighten...but I didn't feel like getting out in the rain on the mortarsickle.

Instead, we got a nearly-clear sky above.

Yeah, the weather people sure know what the hell they're doing.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next