Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 14 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 81  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by jirqoadai Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:33 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:theres a billowing cloud mass thatll preceed that sucking some of its energy away from the red. no tornado for you today

Jebe, I sure hope your right. I've never seen this kind of long duration, wind event preceding a cold front. Not even with the tightest pressure gradients. But if you could do a deflection storm dance for me anyway , it would be appreciated. I may regret typing this, but I'm looking forward to the actual line hitting and getting this over with. Haven't seen any damage reports yet but this thing is getting into some humid air at peak, daytime heating.

Our good thing I noticed is there are no thunderstorms ahead of the line.  Usually those are the worse and spawn the tornadoes.
that sucking billowing cloud mass preceeding the front isnt going to go tornadic in your area. be calm. YOU are fine. ( mobile may be a totaly different matter )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:50 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:theres a billowing cloud mass thatll preceed that sucking some of its energy away from the red. no tornado for you today

Jebe, I sure hope your right. I've never seen this kind of long duration, wind event preceding a cold front. Not even with the tightest pressure gradients. But if you could do a deflection storm dance for me anyway , it would be appreciated. I may regret typing this, but I'm looking forward to the actual line hitting and getting this over with. Haven't seen any damage reports yet but this thing is getting into some humid air at peak, daytime heating.

Our good thing I noticed is there are no thunderstorms ahead of the line.  Usually those are the worse and spawn the tornadoes.
that sucking billowing cloud mass preceeding the front isnt going to go tornadic in your area. be calm. YOU are fine. ( mobile may be a totaly different matter )
I'm watching in real time on the net and I just turned on the TV too.

There is a severe t-storm warning here, so the possibility for rotation is high. I'm thinking most of the red we see I'd torrential rain. Prolly in the 2" range. KALB in Alexandria has live coverage but I can't get it to lock in here on antenna TV. Katc in lafayette just cut in live with warnings too. Going to stream KALB since they are really getting it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:44 pm

Youre getting the most outages Hawk 53000 right now about 5x the surrounding states . Its hitting you hard
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:57 pm

it passed Hawk. i think i recall he said he was up on a bluff. some crap skirted to the NE before it hit him.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:03 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I'm watching in real time on the net and I just turned on the TV too.

There is a severe t-storm warning here, so the possibility for rotation is high. I'm thinking most of the red we see I'd torrential rain. Prolly in the 2" range. KALB in Alexandria has live coverage but I can't get it to lock in here on antenna TV. Katc in lafayette just cut in live with warnings too. Going to stream KALB since they are really getting it.

Bout ready to hit in a hAlf hour or so. Lotsa lightning. I saw one power company  to the west reported 11,000 outages.

There's an app for that besides your local power provider that reports outages statewide. Gotta unplug stuff and pee. Lol.
Be back with the link for that shortly.

@Daily Bread

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:30 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Youre getting the most outages Hawk 53000 right now about 5x the surrounding states . Its hitting you hard
Sounds about right.

I went to the go to , aggregate site that reports all outages combined as required by law. These figures exclude private, and city generated utilities to the Louisiana Public Service Commission.
All pages have been down for months. Bought off bastards. So much for our tax dollars being efficient.

I checked. CLECO, ENTERGY, and slemco. 11, 18, 20 k without power. Line hasn't even reached baton rouge or here yet.

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:53 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:yeah. about that. look forward to getting alittle bit wet real soon Hawk.

You dont want that. Makes the grass grow. My paternal grandma always told me, "Cher(sha), you can't kill bad grass".

But they didn't have glyphosate(RoundUp) back then either.

That stuff is evil Evil or Very Mad
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm

You ok Hawk?
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:16 pm

Daily Bread wrote:You ok Hawk?

Thanks DB . I'm ok. Nabor lost 2 sheets of tin off his tractor shed but he never fixes shit anyway.
I'm tired and my BP prolly high.

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:34 pm

Relax - you've been through worse , tomorrows there for a reason
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 81  Next