Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

+8
HawkTheSlayer
Casey Jones
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
RV
Sprintcyclist
Red Lily
2cent
12 posters

:: Entertainment :: Rants

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 4 Empty Re: Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by 2cent Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 pm

Crusader wrote:I hurt my knee about 7 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be getting better.  My dad is 4 weeks out of a knee replacement and he is walking as well as me.  I may have to break down and see a doctor.  I'm pretty sure I tore up my meniscus, maybe worse.  The pain is on par with when I tore my ACL in my other knee 15 years ago.  

I'm OK if I don't walk much.  When I get a couple of days rest my knee almost feels normal.  I've been working large sites and have to walk 4-7 miles inside of large industrial plants while dragging my wheeled tool box around.  By the end of the day I'm limping badly.  The timing sucks because I'm supposed to start framing inside my house in the next few weeks.  I don't have time for this.

Any good supplements?  I suppose the doctor could inject some kind of cushion material in my knee.  It didn't help my dad and he ended up replacing the knee after that, but he is 80 and already had the other knee replaced 4 years ago.  Rant off.
Is it possible for you to get some motorized scooter, that will pull your tool box? I'm far from any pro, but your description sounds like your knee is getting inflamed. And anti-inflammatory such as Tylenol? Or maybe something stronger.

I'm not big on running to doctors at the drop of a hat, but by what you have to say, it's not a hard guess to see it's only going to get worse, if you don't take it to a pro.

Wishing you the best!
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 4 Empty Re: Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 pm

2cent wrote:
Crusader wrote:I hurt my knee about 7 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be getting better.  My dad is 4 weeks out of a knee replacement and he is walking as well as me.  I may have to break down and see a doctor.  I'm pretty sure I tore up my meniscus, maybe worse.  The pain is on par with when I tore my ACL in my other knee 15 years ago.  

I'm OK if I don't walk much.  When I get a couple of days rest my knee almost feels normal.  I've been working large sites and have to walk 4-7 miles inside of large industrial plants while dragging my wheeled tool box around.  By the end of the day I'm limping badly.  The timing sucks because I'm supposed to start framing inside my house in the next few weeks.  I don't have time for this.

Any good supplements?  I suppose the doctor could inject some kind of cushion material in my knee.  It didn't help my dad and he ended up replacing the knee after that, but he is 80 and already had the other knee replaced 4 years ago.  Rant off.
Is it possible for you to get some motorized scooter, that will pull your tool box?  I'm far from any pro, but your description sounds like your knee is getting inflamed.  And anti-inflammatory such as Tylenol?  Or maybe something stronger.  

I'm not big on running to doctors at the drop of a hat, but by what you have to say, it's not a hard guess to see it's only going to get worse, if you don't take it to a pro.

Wishing you the best!  
If you're in a large plant with no other representives from your company, the plant usually has expediters that will haul you and your equipment where you need to go.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu May 02, 2024 7:25 pm

Or sometimes you can get somone to at least haul your equipment on the forklift.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu May 02, 2024 9:45 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:

Is it possible for you to get some motorized scooter, that will pull your tool box?  I'm far from any pro, but your description sounds like your knee is getting inflamed.  And anti-inflammatory such as Tylenol?  Or maybe something stronger.  

Wishing you the best!  
If you're in a large plant with no other representives from your company, the plant usually has expediters that will haul you and your equipment where you need to go.
Not at Texas Instruments.   I'm not a guest.  I'm a contractor.  I have to show up at the early permit meeting and ask for permission to work each day.  I'm lucky they let me park in the dock area.  At least it's just a bunch of walking.  Maybe it will do my knee some good.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu May 02, 2024 10:53 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Casey Jones wrote: Skinny PHYSICIANS who are marathon-runners in their spare time, dying of stroke?  When underweight, and in their late 40s?

usual false hysteria with 0 proof

Yeah, okay.

I got no proof, except he was MY physician, ran in the annual Governor's Cup competitive cycling and running marathon every June. He was 48 years old, built like a beanpole; former Army Medical Corps.

He was counseling ME how to avoid a stroke. Stroke runs in my family, and I have indications - elevated blood pressure, overweight (not obese) and diabetes. Family history of stroke.

I haven't gotten one. HE got one that ended his career. Maybe his life - there's no record of him, not of his retirement, not of his death. Like so many other Died Suddenlys.

This was a clinic that I no longer use, because they forced their staff, in violation of Montana law, to all be Jabbed. I know this from a fired nurse. I know they had pop-up Jab clinics in the local mall. Injections are serious things, and they were treating it like a children's picnic.

Because there was BIG money in it. I have seen the letters, sent from Blue Cross to hospitals, telling them what their bonuses would be for target compliance, percentage of patient caseload "fully" "vaccinated."

This is an annoying habit, you have, dismissing what we KNOW, and SEE here. I don't tell you what you're experiencing where you are. I know what is happening in my world.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Fri May 03, 2024 3:21 pm

JMWinPR wrote:Dear 2: you will make it. I have come to the conclusion the greater distance I maintain from both the justice for criminal and medical industries, the better off I am. My local Dr just ended his relationship with my provider. He was 2 weeks older than me, but in far worse shape. On my first visit, I noticed trophies of roosters. He was into cock fighting.
You have my prayers
Now that is funny. crazy. or both?
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Fri May 03, 2024 3:34 pm

After reading about all of your maladies, I truly believe I am very fortunate to be in good health with no physical ailments. My heart goes out to you all and wish you speedy and good recoveries.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4