Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

+8
HawkTheSlayer
Casey Jones
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
RV
Sprintcyclist
Red Lily
2cent
12 posters

:: Entertainment :: Rants

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 3 Empty Re: Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by 2cent Thu May 02, 2024 3:07 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote: @2cent , my heart goes out to you. I haven't had surgery in 20 years. My recovery was a long one. Took a year of my life. But i had little pain.

I've  been fighting a painful demon at the moment. I'm in week 8. Thankfully, the pain is now abating slowly from severe, acute pain to chronic dull pain and general numbness.  I doubt seriously that the degree of pain I've been in compares to yours. However, i wonder if i will ever be pain free.

I have great optimism that you will improve in time. I know that's little comfort at the moment.

So I'm sending a tight hug and a kiss in the wind.
Face south. Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 3 3930881283
So kind of you, Hawk. Thank you. I sincerely have strong and high hopes for you, also. We must have hope; that, most of all.

I had a post-op appt today w/the Nurse Practitioner. (I'll save what I think of this 'new & improved' medical system for another time.) Anyway, I finally did get to explain just what HELL I was going through. She actually listened. Explained that, by this time, near every patient shares regrets of ever having surgery. (Feel free to put me on that list.)

There's light at the end of the tunnel. Today I hit the mark when steroids are prescribed, (for the swelling that can't be addressed until the scar is entirely healed), along w/7.5 Hydro's, and Flexeril. (muscle relaxer. VERY helpful.) She also sent an order to the hospital for a bone density test. --- Which I'm glad I brought up, or I don't think it would've been addressed.

See now? THAT right there ^^^ is why I wanted an appt. w/my doc, not nurse practitioner, seeing he was the one who brought it up in the first place, and something most might view as a little late in the coming. Oh well, it's getting addressed now, so I'll just be happy for the progress that is being made.

After my round of steroids, I can start to do more, but she warned me against the boost of energy I might get from them, and to make sure I wait at least a week, before I start bending and twisting. I forgot to ask about driving.

As far as that goes, I was too wary of driving, to try that today. Heck, I was shaky walking from a close spot in the parking lot to the store. Where I immediately grabbed a cart to use as a 'walker'.

But I am improving, and I just know that it's gonna get better from here. If nobody else, my dear heart will see to it. As usual, he's been a treasure.

Pardon my rattling. It was therapeutic, if nothing else. And I even cut it short. lol
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 3 Empty Re: Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by Red Lily Thu May 02, 2024 3:17 am

I'm so pleased that you seem to have turned the corner, 2. YAY!

Do NOT start doing cartwheels when you get this expected burst of energy! Put a lid on it.
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu May 02, 2024 3:33 am

Red Lily wrote:I'm so pleased that you seem to have turned the corner, 2.  YAY!

Do NOT start doing cartwheels when you get this expected burst of energy!  Put a lid on it.
You're a rock, Girl. Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 3 3561531328

Been meaning to stay more in touch. Right now, however, it's 2:32a.m., and it's likely a better idea for me to hit the hay.

Thanks again for you support. It's means much.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu May 02, 2024 4:46 am

Often if recovering from any semi-serious illness you should not drive.
legally in Aussie cannot drive for quite some time after any GA. Insurance will not cover you.
What happens if you have to take evasive action? Mentally you will quite miss it entirely, physically perhaps unable to.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am

@Sprintcyclist driving after surgery.

Daily Bread, hurricanehook and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Thu May 02, 2024 1:23 pm

Dear 2: you will make it. I have come to the conclusion the greater distance I maintain from both the justice for criminal and medical industries, the better off I am. My local Dr just ended his relationship with my provider. He was 2 weeks older than me, but in far worse shape. On my first visit, I noticed trophies of roosters. He was into cock fighting.
You have my prayers

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu May 02, 2024 1:55 pm

JMWinPR wrote:Dear 2: you will make it. I have come to the conclusion the greater distance I maintain from both the justice for criminal and medical industries, the better off I am. My local Dr just ended his relationship with my provider. He was 2 weeks older than me, but in far worse shape. On my first visit, I noticed trophies of roosters. He was into cock fighting.
You have my prayers
And the roosters have mine!  Oddly enough, I had this notion that docs value of life extended to animals. Silly me.

Thanks for prayers, JMW.  They're sincerely appreciated.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Thu May 02, 2024 3:00 pm

Your being good natured about what your going through 2cent and something tells me that your pain is greater than your admitting . Keep your mind on getting better and getting back to health by doing what you ,yourself , feels comfortable with . No doctor and no nurse can heal you better than yourself . Stay positive and do the tough things to get better and you will . I pray you getter better very soon and hope this all becomes a distant memory .
You also owe me a Banana Bread .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu May 02, 2024 4:10 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Your being good natured about what your going through 2cent and something tells me that your pain is greater than your admitting . Keep your mind on getting better and getting back to health by doing what you ,yourself , feels comfortable with . No doctor and no nurse can heal you better than yourself . Stay positive and do the tough things to get better and you will . I pray you getter better very soon and hope this all becomes a distant memory .
You also owe me a Banana Bread .
DB, you've got a heart of gold. And here I thought I was doing a fairly good job of throwing me a Pity Party. No? My skills must be slipping.
Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. - Page 3 1435984250 I know what it must be. I forgot this: Sad Sad Better? Overkill? Can't tell.

About your banana bread. Merely waiting on a call from my plantation in Sude Amerdica, letting me know that they're ripe for picking.
Question: Wouldn't you like those pecans in there? Like this one?

In which case, I need to swing by @"HawkTheSlayer." My apologies for the delay. I'm sure you understand?

2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu May 02, 2024 5:08 pm

I hurt my knee about 7 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be getting better. My dad is 4 weeks out of a knee replacement and he is walking as well as me. I may have to break down and see a doctor. I'm pretty sure I tore up my meniscus, maybe worse. The pain is on par with when I tore my ACL in my other knee 15 years ago.

I'm OK if I don't walk much. When I get a couple of days rest my knee almost feels normal. I've been working large sites and have to walk 4-7 miles inside of large industrial plants while dragging my wheeled tool box around. By the end of the day I'm limping badly. The timing sucks because I'm supposed to start framing inside my house in the next few weeks. I don't have time for this.

Any good supplements? I suppose the doctor could inject some kind of cushion material in my knee. It didn't help my dad and he ended up replacing the knee after that, but he is 80 and already had the other knee replaced 4 years ago. Rant off.
Crusader
Crusader

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next