Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

+8
HawkTheSlayer
Casey Jones
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
RV
Sprintcyclist
Red Lily
2cent
12 posters

:: Entertainment :: Rants

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. Empty Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by 2cent Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

Truth be known, I've been playing hell with this so-called 'recovery', ever since I came home from the hospital on Mar. 26th. It was going along okay, until that miserable setback. I think it was when I had a major spill on the floor, and quick jumped into action to clean it up. (Not supposed to bend AT ALL yet.) I didn't hurt immediately, so it's possible that I'm wrong about what socked it to me, but what difference does it make? After a few days - (this is all after my first check up w/the nurse practitioner, when things were still moving along smoothly) - I was in such a world of hurt that my husband took me to the Harrison (more local) ER.

X-rays, EKG, CAT Scan, you name it, they did it; and came up empty. Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. 553500953

**Oh. Second reason I went to the closer ER, is because all of the Baxter Regional - where my surgeon has privileges - clinics were closed. Why? So that all the employees could go see an eclipse!!! Yes, the whole day! angryfire

I was in such sever pain - my back, plus the muscles in my legs kept cramping like I've never felt before, (and I've had my share of night leg cramps), and also, my left leg kept giving out beneath me, and down I'd go. And here I thought I'd put the walker up for good.

I noticed that there were only 2 days' worth of Oxy 10's left, so called the nurse to please continue that script, rather than dropping to 5's so soon. She finally relented.
Told me that the next script would HAVE to be 5's. (Me: That's fine, and thank you.)

Come time to pick up the Oxy-5 script, and they're Oxy-10's. Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. 2928424190 Call Nurse Ratchet and ask if that wasn't a mistake. "No, it's right. I meant the next, next time you'll have to go to 5's."

Time came to pick up the Oxy 5's, and they were Hydrocodone 10's!!!! <- we need banging head against wall emoji ->

Meanwhile, Nurse Ratchet is sure I'm not doing my part - simply because I told her the only place I could find any comfort was to lay on my side.
"You need to be up and walking. We'll help, but you have to do your part!!!"
DUMB ASS!! I didn't mean that laying down's the ONLY thing I do! I'm not quite THAT spoiled!

So meanwhile, I have been walking nearly every hour on the hour; all 266 steps; give or take. I still get severe cramps in my left leg, that are still pretty good at splaying me flat on my backside.

Did I mention that there's pain involved?
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. Empty Re: Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by Red Lily Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 am

So sorry to hear that you're still suffering 2. That's terrible followup on their part. Crying or Very sad

I'm truly thankful that I live where I do.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. Empty Re: Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It.

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 am

surgery is a last option and recovering is a serious time in healing.

Good luck

Sprintcyclist

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 am

I've heard of several instances where the hospital gave the patient the "WuFlu Vaccine" AFTER they were drugged and put to sleep. That strikes me as rather odd for a "Vaccine" that is supposed to be so "safe and effective".

So sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time and in pain. It means little I know but, I am sorry that the medical field is so oblivious and indifferent to your pain and etc.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:57 am

It used to be that the medical field...i assume doctors, were 60% conservative...now they're 80% liberal.  the major med schools for nurses are more interested in social justice/change and leadership in social 'change' that nursing is of no importance. We're seeing the result of that change of demographics in the quality of care and treatment and it isn't good for persons needing medical care.    

The Nurse Ratchett reference. LOLOL  You know it, i know it and most folk here get the reference but i guarantee you that the current field of nurses DO NOT.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:15 am

RV wrote:I've heard of several instances where the hospital gave the patient the "WuFlu Vaccine" AFTER they were drugged and put to sleep. That strikes me as rather odd for a "Vaccine" that is supposed to be so "safe and effective".

So sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time and in pain. It means little I know but, I am sorry that the medical field is so oblivious and indifferent to your pain and etc.
Thank you, RV. That was very kind of you. I sincerely believe that I didn't risk being given the Vax. They're far too stingy w/the meds! lol
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 am

Calypso Jones wrote:It used to be that the medical field...i assume doctors were 60% conservative...now they're 80% liberal.  the major med schools for nurses are more interested in social justice/change and leadership in the latter that nursing is of no importance. We're seeing the result of that change of demographics and it isn't good for persons needing medical care.    

The Nurse Ratchett reference. LOLOL  You know it, i know it and most folk here get the reference but i guarantee you that the current field of nurses DO NOT.   
Actually, during my 5-day hospital stay, the nurses couldn't have been kinder and/or more considerate, many times anticipating my needs.

But you know how it is: There's always at least ONE in the bunch. This one chickie poo, (resembled Jennifer Esposito), was your typical passive aggressive. She'd go out of her way to be helpful, then turn around with remarks like, "I know what you're up to," repeatedly. Even when I asked I never got an answer to just what it was I was up to. Bird brain. Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. 553500953
Oh, a guess? I could deliver dilaudid to myself as needed. Going overkill on that maybe? Girl, your guess is as good as mine, She was sure I'd suffer when the dilaudid got taken away. Not a bit, and I knew I wouldn't.

I sure wish I could've gone with North AR Med. Center. MUCH better! But they don't do the type of surgery Baxter does.

I can't believe I left out the type of surgery I got! lol. The doc removed a lower lumbar disc, and was supposed to replace it w/a flexible, plastic piece. Didn't know until after he cut me open that there was nothing to attach it to. So he left it blank. He also shaved off other bone excess, and broke some. (I think)
We were supposed to discuss my osteroperosis at my follow-up, but I just found out via robo call that I won't be seeing him, I'll be seeing the practitioner.

Pardon my wordiness.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 am

2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:It used to be that the medical field...i assume doctors were 60% conservative...now they're 80% liberal.  the major med schools for nurses are more interested in social justice/change and leadership in the latter that nursing is of no importance. We're seeing the result of that change of demographics and it isn't good for persons needing medical care.    

Actually, during my 5-day hospital stay, the nurses couldn't have been kinder and/or more considerate, many times anticipating my needs.

But you know how it is:  There's always at least ONE in the bunch.  This one chickie poo, (resembled Jennifer Esposito), was your typical passive aggressive.  She'd go out of her way to be helpful, then turn around with remarks like, "I know what you're up to," repeatedly.  Even when I asked I never got an answer to just what it was I was up to.  Bird brain.  Surgery; If I were You, I'd Avoid It. 553500953
Oh, a guess?  I could deliver dilaudid to myself as needed.  Going overkill on that maybe?  Girl, your guess is as good as mine,  She was sure I'd suffer when the dilaudid got taken away.  Not a bit, and I knew I wouldn't.  

I sure wish I could've gone with North AR Med. Center.  MUCH better!  But they don't do the type of surgery Baxter does.  

I can't believe I left out the type of surgery I got!  lol.  The doc removed a lower lumbar disc, and was supposed to replace it w/a flexible, plastic piece.  Didn't know until after he cut me open that there was nothing to attach it to.  So he left it blank.  He also shaved off other bone excess, and broke some.  (I think)  
We were supposed to discuss my osteroperosis at my follow-up, but I just found out via robo call that I won't be seeing him, I'll be seeing the practitioner.  

Pardon my wordiness.  

eeeeeeeewwwwwwww, sounds like it is getting worse
sorry to hear this

Sprintcyclist

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am

My nurses were great also...but i made a point of learning their names and USING THEM. The nurses assigned to me were wonderful...but i didn't step on toes either. That's like sending the food back in the restaurant. Don't wanna do that. But i also noticed that nurses NOT assigned to me didn't even want to do the least thing for me unless they had no option. I also noticed that the male nurses would take short cuts as far as their duties were concerned..things that i would not have done or permitted if i were home.

The hospital i used was my own choice and although for the most part I felt safe and secure in my decision, I KNOW i have been mislead on things. for instance....they tried to deny that they gave me Two covid test nasal swabs. It's on my medical explanation....i don't think they realized that or they thought i wouldn't catch the double test and different charges. they knowingly lied. Why i don't know for sure but i have my suspicions. I sometimes wonder about the dangers of the nasal swabs at that time which coincidentally....WERE MADE IN CHINA.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:32 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:My nurses were great also...but i made a point of learning their names and USING THEM.   The nurses assigned to me were wonderful...but i didn't step on toes either.   That's like sending the food back in the restaurant.  Don't wanna do that.    But i also noticed that nurses NOT assigned to me didn't even want to do the least thing for me unless they had no option.  I also noticed that the male nurses would take short cuts as far as their duties were concerned..things that i wouvild not have done or permitted if i were home.  

The hospital i used was my own choice and although for the most part I felt safe and secure in my decision, I KNOW i have been mislead on things.  for instance....they tried to deny that they gave me Two covid test nasal swabs.   It's on my medical explanation....i don't think they realized that or they thought i wouldn't catch the double test and different charges.  they knowingly lied.    Why i don't know for sure but i have my suspicions.   I sometimes wonder about the dangers of the nasal swabs at that time which coincidentally....WERE MADE IN CHINA.  
Those nose tests seemed primitive to me. (Em was getting surgery during COVID, so had the same.) Ouch! and Yuck! I don't suppose you'll ever learn the truth about getting two nasal swabs.

Glad to hear that you had good nurses. And for sure that's one situation where 'what goes around comes around', so you want to be easy to on with. Nurses know how to retaliate.

2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next