Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Looking At All The Protest.....

+6
RV
Casey Jones
Red Lily
Calypso Jones
vege57
Quark
10 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

In Looking At All The Protest..... - Page 5 Empty Re: In Looking At All The Protest.....

Post by Casey Jones Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm

Quark wrote:
I'm surprised some governor has called up the National Guard in riot gear. Must be the Guard is no longer trained in riot control.

Actually, most state NG troops are NOT trained in riot control.

That was what led to Kent State, actually. The campus, being State of Ohio property, fell under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Highway Patrol (which is not a State Police operation; their authority is limited to roads and State property)...the Patrol was in fact trained in riot control. RECENTLY trained, at the time - it was a new program, believing crowd and riot control would be an issue in the future. They had experience with that with the Hough riots of 1967. There, the HP could not have functioned as police, but they could have had units deployed in the streets, and/or deputized whole units.

But James Rhodes, governor...a great governor for Ohio in every other way...had a blind spot here. He was worshipful of college, having dropped out of Ohio State after one semester. For money reasons.

And he had INSANE hatred for the radical movement. Once it took charge, the logical thing would have been to shut down the campus, as Gov. Reagan did in Berkely, and send the punks home with their grades and academic records embargoed. Pay up for damages, and you can have your records released.

Nope. Rhodes brought in the NG troops, in full regalia. And they were beat - they had spent two weeks patrolling the Interstates of Ohio in a VIOLENT Teamsters' strike. They were fatigued; they had no training, they were fed up with these loud, unwashed punks with the morals of the barnyard.

The rest, as they say, is history.

When you're fishing around for riot control, do not, repeat NOT, call in the National Guard.... study
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

In Looking At All The Protest..... - Page 5 Empty Re: In Looking At All The Protest.....

Post by Quark Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
Quark wrote:
I'm surprised some governor has called up the National Guard in riot gear. Must be the Guard is no longer trained in riot control.

That was what led to Kent State, actually.  The campus, being State of Ohio property, fell under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Highway Patrol (which is not a State Police operation; their authority is limited to roads and State property)...the Patrol was in fact trained in riot control.  RECENTLY trained, at the time - it was a new program, believing crowd and riot control would be an issue in the future.  They had experience with that with the Hough riots of 1967.  There, the HP could not have functioned as police, but they could have had units deployed in the streets, and/or deputized whole units.

But James Rhodes, governor...a great governor for Ohio in every other way...had a blind spot here.  He was worshipful of college, having dropped out of Ohio State after one semester.  For money reasons.

And he had INSANE hatred for the radical movement.  Once it took charge, the logical thing would have been to shut down the campus, as Gov. Reagan did in Berkely, and send the punks home with their grades and academic records embargoed.  Pay up for damages, and you can have your records released.

Nope.  Rhodes brought in the NG troops, in full regalia.  And they were beat - they had spent two weeks patrolling the Interstates of Ohio in a VIOLENT Teamsters' strike.  They were fatigued; they had no training, they were fed up with these loud, unwashed punks with the morals of the barnyard.

When you're fishing around for riot control, do not, repeat NOT, call in the National Guard.... study
I actually know quite a bit about this. I was in the National Guard at the time in Vermont and we were trained in riot control. The problem with Kent State if this is a problem were that the soldiers were armed with M-1 Garands with bayonets and were lock and loaded. My united was armed with M-1 Garands too with bayonets. After Kent State instead of every soldier having ammo only our sargents had our ammo and they would be responsible for handing out the ammo as needed. Eventually we used 4 or 5 foot riot batons instead of rifles but by that time the Vietnam War was winding down.

So ya the Guard is trained or can be trained for riot control and with non-lethal or at least less lethal ammo today and stun guns the Guard could be very effective. Look these insurrections need to be stopped. If not than lets let the J-6 insurrections out of prison. I'm tired of the two tiered justice system that allows Left-wing insurrectionists/terrorists run amok while any Right-wing insurrectionists/terrorists rot in prison. Either ALL insurrectionists/terrorists rot in prison or nobody rots in prison.
Quark
Quark

Red Lily and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:51 pm

Actually, I had done a semester project on the incident, eleven years later, for a pre-law class.

The material I read - apart from the nooze-pooper clipings from the Cleveland dePressed and the Pain Feeler - the scholarly stuff, as well as some official inquiries, all noted two issues:

--No riot-control training for the ONG troops.

--Recently introduced, fully-completed riot-control training for the OHP.

--Portage and Summit County sheriffs' departments, were ready to back OHP up with support and equipment, and had varying levels of training.

--Fatigue a factor with the ONG troops. For their several-week deployment. That Teamster strike was not typical - it involved bricks and Molotov Cocktails being tossed off freeway overpasses, and firebombing trucks in truck stops. Roofing nails were spread over the pavement, repeatedly, and there were some shootings.

I expect that since the National Guard program is basically STATE militias, training and equipment varies widely.

FWIW, numerous witnesses (not students; mature adults - professors and news persons - witnessed the group of Guardsmen act in harmony, reacting to unseen signs. A couple of them made moves to draw and crouch, as if they were unsure if their leader, whoever it was, gave a signal. When it did happen, they did act smoothly, as if practiced - and no officer had given orders to fire or take positions to do so.

I don't remember any testimony of any Guard member.

Nonetheless, the kids were asking for it. Just as they did with the Summer of Peaceful Protesting, the rioters were taunting the Guard all they could. Young people have no concept of what live ammo will do to life expectancies.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 am

Quark wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
Quark wrote:

That was what led to Kent State, actually.  The campus, being State of Ohio property, fell under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Highway Patrol (which is not a State Police operation; their authority is limited to roads and State property)...the Patrol was in fact trained in riot control.  RECENTLY trained, at the time - it was a new program, believing crowd and riot control would be an issue in the future.  They had experience with that with the Hough riots of 1967.  There, the HP could not have functioned as police, but they could have had units deployed in the streets, and/or deputized whole units.

But James Rhodes, governor...a great governor for Ohio in every other way...had a blind spot here.  He was worshipful of college, having dropped out of Ohio State after one semester.  For money reasons.

And he had INSANE hatred for the radical movement.  Once it took charge, the logical thing would have been to shut down the campus, as Gov. Reagan did in Berkely, and send the punks home with their grades and academic records embargoed.  Pay up for damages, and you can have your records released.

Nope.  Rhodes brought in the NG troops, in full regalia.  And they were beat - they had spent two weeks patrolling the Interstates of Ohio in a VIOLENT Teamsters' strike.  They were fatigued; they had no training, they were fed up with these loud, unwashed punks with the morals of the barnyard.

I actually know quite a bit about this. I was in the National Guard at the time in Vermont and we were trained in riot control. The problem with Kent State if this is a problem were that the soldiers were armed with M-1 Garands with bayonets and were lock and loaded. My united was armed with M-1 Garands too with bayonets. After Kent State instead of every soldier having ammo only our sargents had our ammo and they would be responsible for handing out the ammo as needed. Eventually we used 4 or 5 foot riot batons instead of rifles but by that time the Vietnam War was winding down.

So ya the Guard is trained or can be trained for riot control and with non-lethal or at least less lethal ammo today and stun guns the Guard could be very effective. Look these insurrections need to be stopped. If not than lets let the J-6 insurrections out of prison. I'm tired of the two tiered justice system that allows Left-wing insurrectionists/terrorists run amok while any Right-wing insurrectionists/terrorists rot in prison. Either ALL insurrectionists/terrorists rot in prison or nobody rots in prison.  

Personally, I think that Riot Police whether National Guard OR law enforcement SHOULD be armed! These "college kids" throw bottles, chairs and set fires as part of their "protest". Someone's going to get hurt badly, let it be the one's who are causing the riot!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Thom Paine and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Quark Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm

RV wrote:
Quark wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
Quark wrote:

Personally, I think that Riot Police whether National Guard OR law enforcement SHOULD be armed! These "college kids" throw bottles, chairs and set fires as part of their "protest". Someone's going to get hurt badly, let it be the one's who are causing the riot!
I agree. Lock and load and shoot back.
Quark
Quark

HawkTheSlayer, Thom Paine and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:27 pm

Crusader wrote:They are beginning to protest in Texas.   They must be well funded.  They had matching tents.  Gov  Abbot sent in the state police and arrested 20.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ut-austin-protests-descend-chaos-anti-israel-students-yell-police-pigs-home

Matching tents, yeah. I saw that.

Like...I don't know...maybe from Open Society Foundation (Soros' non-profit) went down to Walmart and bought a truckload of their cheap tents...all the same style and color.

Watch for variety in the next pop-up encampment. Lefties cannot learn, but sometimes their handlers/managers/suppliers do. And sometimes they're fired for stupid mistakes like that.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones, Thom Paine, RV and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 am

Casey Jones wrote:
Crusader wrote:They are beginning to protest in Texas.   They must be well funded.  They had matching tents.  Gov  Abbot sent in the state police and arrested 20.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ut-austin-protests-descend-chaos-anti-israel-students-yell-police-pigs-home

Matching tents, yeah.  I saw that.

Like...I don't know...maybe from Open Society Foundation (Soros' non-profit) went down to Walmart and bought a truckload of their cheap tents...all the same style and color.

Watch for variety in the next pop-up encampment.  Lefties cannot learn, but sometimes their handlers/managers/suppliers do.  And sometimes they're fired for stupid mistakes like that.

...other times the Democrats promote them for "stupid mistakes"!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones, Casey Jones, Thom Paine, RV and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:19 pm

Congressmen from both "parties" are trying to put out legislation to curb "antisemitism" on campuses.

Now, I'll admit that I think most of these protesters are just bored idiots who probably couldn't locate Palestine on a map, but the fact is, they are guaranteed the right to protest by the First Amendment.

If our politicians crack down on anti-Israel activism today, eventually they will set their sights on almost anything else you can think of. It sets a dangerous precedent for anyone who values free speech.

This is more proof that the U.S. government cares more about protecting the ZioLobby that controls them than they do about defending the Constitutional rights of its citizens. This is what politicians have been reduced to. It's all about serving their masters, not serving their constituents. When you vote in an election, you are not voting for your own interests. You are only voting for the interests of those who want to screw you over.
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Quark Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:32 pm

Keith wrote:Congressmen from both "parties" are trying to put out legislation to curb "antisemitism" on campuses.

Now, I'll admit that I think most of these protesters are just bored idiots who probably couldn't locate Palestine on a map, but the fact is, they are guaranteed the right to protest by the First Amendment.

If our politicians crack down on anti-Israel activism today, eventually they will set their sights on almost anything else you can think of. It sets a dangerous precedent for anyone who values free speech.

This is more proof that the U.S. government cares more about protecting the ZioLobby that controls them than they do about defending the Constitutional rights of its citizens. This is what politicians have been reduced to. It's all about serving their masters, not serving their constituents. When you vote in an election, you are not voting for your own interests. You are only voting for the interests of those who want to screw you over.
There is no right to protest in the 1st Amendment especially on private property. If it was up to me SWAT teams would take these clowns down with extreme prejudice. But apparently Columbia University is a Palestinian stronghold. The police have been told to stand down.
Quark
Quark

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:58 pm

Quark wrote:There is no right to protest in the 1st Amendment especially on private property. If it was up to me SWAT teams would take these clowns down with extreme prejudice. But apparently Columbia University is a Palestinian stronghold. The police have been told to stand down.

They'll stand down until they are given the orders to go after them like they did to those four people at Kent State over 50 years ago. They're probably working on how to set it up to make it look justifiable.
Keith
Keith

Calypso Jones and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next