Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JRR Tolkien was a devout Catholic Christian.

+5
RV
Sprintcyclist
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
Lummy
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

JRR Tolkien was a devout Catholic Christian. - Page 2 Empty Re: JRR Tolkien was a devout Catholic Christian.

Post by Lummy Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:40 pm

I have not seen Lord of the Rings tied to Satanism anywhere except as explicitly stated or implied in the Trilogy story, where it's glaringly obvious constantly, being in your face. You never have to stop to think in terms of God and/or the devil, as you do with the Bible, I guess because so much of the time the story keeps you in peril of hell. It's remarkable in that.

Perhaps Tokien should have written a revised Bible. Someone should still.

Jews would prefer to keep you in vague, pseudo-intellectual muck that requires a magician for interpretation, as their arrogance designs.

Last edited by Lummy on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

JRR Tolkien was a devout Catholic Christian. - Page 2 Empty Re: JRR Tolkien was a devout Catholic Christian.

Post by Lummy Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:46 pm

Keeps them occupied.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:54 pm

Lummy wrote:I have not seen Lord of the Rings tied to Satanism anywhere except as explicitly stated or implied in the Trilogy story, where it's glaringly obvious pertty much constantly right there in your face. You never have bo stop to think think in terms of God and the devil, as you do with the Bible, I guess because so much of the time the story keeps you in peril of hell. It's remarkable in that.

Perhaps Tokien should have written a revised Bible.

Jews would prefer to keep you in vague, pseudo-intellectual muck that requires a magician for interpretation, as their arrogance designs.

i'm not sure i understand.... you think LOTR trilogy is TIED to satanism?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:54 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Bible

As an uneducated rube in this area, I confess that I am likewise an uneducated rube on the Jerusalem Bible.

That said, I am all for removing the Bible from the hands of jews, for whom I have less respect over time.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:20 pm

In my opinion, perhaps jews should be altogether removed from the Bible. They are corrupt.

Last edited by Lummy on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:29 pm

Right, JRR Tolkien was a 'christian' and Unicorns are real, Fairydust is real, the moon is made of Green cheese and Daffy Duck is running for President...

I guess Witches, Warlocks, Satanists and those who deny Christ in the mind of some can still be a 'christian'! If anyone wants to compare what the Bible says with JRR Tolkien books, they would very clearly see that she is anything BUT, a follower of Christ.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:29 pm

RV wrote:Right, JRR Tolkien was a 'christian' and Unicorns are real, Fairydust is real, the moon is made of Green cheese and Daffy Duck is running for President...

I guess Witches, Warlocks, Satanists and those who deny Christ in the mind of some can still be a 'christian'! If anyone wants to compare what the Bible says with JRR Tolkien books, they would very clearly see that she is anything BUT, a follower of Christ.

Well, Tokien was Christian -- a devout one.

The rest of your post totally misses too. I nowhere suggest that LOTR should or could replace the Bible. That's absurd, and you're lost. Your powers of interpretation couldn't concoct kool-aid from the directions on the package. So who made yours?
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:57 am

Lummy wrote:
RV wrote:Right, JRR Tolkien was a 'christian' and Unicorns are real, Fairydust is real, the moon is made of Green cheese and Daffy Duck is running for President...

The rest of your post totally misses too. I nowhere suggest that LOTR should or could replace the Bible. That's absurd, and you're lost. Your powers of interpretation couldn't concoct kool-aid from the directions on the package. So who made yours?

Hey you can call her a toaster if you wish but, I will keep reading and studying God's word and go by what He says rather than you.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:25 am

RV wrote:
Lummy wrote:

Hey you can call her a toaster if you wish but, I will keep reading and studying God's word and go by what He says rather than you.

How many times must you read it before it sinks in? Your forward momentum always stops at the line of scrimmage, as it were.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:44 pm

i dont see how you could place her christianity left or right from the path to Jesus Christ based upon just the movies. gone are the days of constructive critism concerning two dogs being married the same time two klutzs are married. nowadays theyd show jeff daniels humping her and pongo and perdy going at it too. wheres the cutoff point of decency in movies?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next