Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tucker Carlson and Fox News Part Ways

+4
Daily Bread
Calypso Jones
Crusader
HawkTheSlayer
8 posters

:: Media :: MSM

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tucker Carlson and Fox News Part Ways - Page 3 Empty Re: Tucker Carlson and Fox News Part Ways

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:36 pm

https://www.revolver.news/2023/04/massive-second-day-fox-news-rating-decline-sean-hannity-gets-caught-in-powerful-boycott-riptide/

'They' say that due to Tucker's departure and Kilmeade not being able to carry it, Hannity got caught in the ratings slide last night too.     I'm not surprised.    Hannity only flourished on account of Rush.  He rode Rush's coattails to the near top.   Then he was behind Tucker....and he was riding that.  Personally, i don't listen or watch Hannity any longer.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri May 05, 2023 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tucker Carlson and Fox News Part Ways - Page 3 Empty Re: Tucker Carlson and Fox News Part Ways

Post by Red Lily Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:00 pm

The views on a Twitter video published by former Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Wednesday surpassed the Tuesday evening viewers of his old cable news slot in less than an hour.

Carlson’s video – which made veiled jabs at Fox News and the cable news industry as a whole – received more than 1.8 million views in less than an hour after its release, while more than 5 million people saw the post on their timeline, according to Twitter’s statistics. As of writing, the total views of Carlson’s Twitter video are even higher at more than 3.5 million, while the post has been seen by more than 10 million users.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/video-tucker-carlson-posted-on-wednesday-surpasses-views-of-old-fox-time-slot-in-less-than-an-hour/

Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:18 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Who will they place in Tuckers time slot.

Come on.    Fox has lost its mind.

I'm going with Dylan Mulvaney....Don Lemon...LOLOL    Possibly Cuomo.   Maybe someone out of hollywood.

a drag queen or someone who claimes to be conservative but clearly isn't.  Jennifer Rubin, Anal Navarro.

They will NOT put a strong conservative in that slot. NOT again.

FNC is being destroyed by the Globalist oligarchs who own it.

In service of creation of a supernational media monopoly.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:20 pm

One media to bind them all.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:02 pm

megan kelly says Tucker hasn't been fired but is trapped in his contract.

https://theamericantribune.com/breaking-megyn-kelly-gives-insider-information-that-fox-news-has-trapped-tucker-carlson-in-his-contract/

very crafty of Murdoch/marduk
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:43 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:megan kelly says Tucker hasn't been fired but is trapped in his contract.

https://theamericantribune.com/breaking-megyn-kelly-gives-insider-information-that-fox-news-has-trapped-tucker-carlson-in-his-contract/

You'll have to pardon me, if I'm not quite ready to take Me-Again Kelly's word for much.

I don't see how a business can fire someone, then turn around and tell him that he's still under contract.

Last edited by 2cent on Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:31 pm

2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:megan kelly says Tucker hasn't been fired but is trapped in his contract.

You'll have to pardon me, if I'm not quite ready to take Me-Again Kelly's word for much.

I don't see how a business can fire someone, then turn around and tell them that they're still under contract.

It's a brave new world now. The left does what they please.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:05 pm

It all depends on how the contract is worded. First, if they're gonna pay out the balance of his contract...that's free money. As severance, it's pretty generous. Non-compete clauses are common.

So he can't go to work for a media outlet. That's expected - unless he decides he's ready to forfeit the free money. Sometimes some persons do that. Lee Iacocca, for example, had a pension from Ford when he was fired - that stipulated non-compete. He chose to ignore it and go to work rescuing Chrysler.

So Carlson has that. That doesn't mean he's forbidden from SAYING anything. I cannot see a gag-order clause in a contract as being enforceable. If he does pro-bono non-paid investigative reporting, on an Ewww Toob channel...that's hardly competition, since he's not getting paid.

It also doesn't forbid him from writing, although the Murdochs can legitimately tie his contract payment to saying nothing about his dismissal or negative about FNC.

How about this? Assuming he doesn't want to try politics directly...what would keep him from being the Media Chief for the Trump organization? That's non-competition; that's advocacy and public affairs presentation. I'm thinking something higher than a "press secretary" although he could play that part.

He's ideally trained - a law degree and years in online and then television journalism.

Man, would THAT toast the RINOs at Faux and the mediuh world in general.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri May 05, 2023 1:28 am

Fox’s late-night show host Greg Gutfeld has come to the defense of his former colleague Tucker Carlson after a series of leaked videos featuring Carlson’s backstage comments drew backlash from commentators.

“Apparently everyone understands nonsense banter between segments except for hall monitor failures bitterly chronicling the lives of the far more successful,” Gutfeld, host of late-night comedy “The Greg Gutfeld Show,” wrote in a Twitter post on Tuesday.

That wasn’t the first time Gutfeld had mentioned Carlson’s name since the former host departed from Fox. While Carlson’s name has virtually disappeared from the script of most Fox anchors, Gutfeld joked about it in on a segment of “The Five,” Fox’s top-rated opinion show, hours after Fox’s announcement last Monda

~

“And then so in 2024, it’ll be Susan Rice versus Tucker Carlson,” Gutfeld said near the end of the segment that focused on Biden’s reelection prospects. The round table did not respond to his comment.

Carlson’s name took over the news cycle last week and reemerged this week when mainstream outlets published scoops of videos and text messages redacted in legal filings from a defamation case against Fox News that they said showed Carlson making inappropriate comments.

A New York Times article published a text message that the outlet said Carlson sent to one of his producers on Jan. 7, 2021. The outlet wrote that the message shows Carlson commenting on an incident where supporters of former President Donald Trump beat a member of left-wing movement Antifa.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/foxs-gutfeld-defends-tucker-carlson-after-video-leaks-draw-backlash

Dontcha just love the way they keep referring to "Trump supporters?" Rolling Eyes
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri May 05, 2023 11:50 am

New Nickname for Fox News. Foxweiser.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next