Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medicine disposal service

+5
vege57
jirqoadai
Daily Bread
HawkTheSlayer
Red Lily
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Medicine disposal service Empty Medicine disposal service

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:26 am

LOL...i'm sure.

In the town closest to me 'they' are offering a service...bring in your owld meds and we'll dispose of them safely for ya. uh HUH.

DON"T get rid of your meds. You're gonna be needing them perhaps as things get worse. I have on good authority from nurses i've known in the past who actually deal with meds that they don't expire or if they diminish in strength they're still good. Keep your stuff yourself.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Medicine disposal service Empty Re: Medicine disposal service

Post by Red Lily Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:36 pm

They do that here as well. It's so people don't flush their old meds down the toilet and into the waterways. There's nothing sinister about it.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:02 pm

There are periodic offerings for drug disposal here.

Just beware of YouTube's and other offers to "dispose" of your meds.

If you go to the drop off site and there are peace signs on the wall and the "nurses" are wearing bell bottoms, it's prolly not legit. Razz

Red Lily, Daily Bread, Calypso Jones, 2cent and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:38 pm

I don't really take any meds other than prescription Nexium type stuff but because she's married to me ,my wife has accumulated a supermarket bag of the stuff over the years . I'm of the belief that they should just be flushed or buried by the same fence post hole I pour all my automobile oil in but the wife ,being the goody 2 shoes she is asked me to bring them to the local drug store for disposal . I took them to the CVS and they told me the only ones that are authorized for disposal is the police dept . I brought them to the PD and they told me that I had to list each of them on a form ,give them my ID for each one and individually put them down a little hole that went into some kinda safe box . I told them that would take all afternoon cause I had 200 bottles of asst crap . I took them back home and pulled out the fence post and emptied them in the hole while having a few beers . I was never one of those tree hugger types anyways .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Crusader and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:44 pm

everyone with old demerol can send them my way.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:45 pm

those and all your qualudes.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:45 pm

and while youre sending them, include a 6-pack of Becks beer
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:50 pm

Daily Bread wrote:I don't really take any meds other than prescription Nexium type stuff but because she's married to me ,my wife has accumulated a supermarket bag of the stuff over the years . I'm of the belief that they should just be flushed or buried by the same fence post hole I pour all my automobile oil in but the wife ,being the goody 2 shoes she is asked me to bring them to the local drug store for disposal . I took them to the CVS and they told me the only ones that are authorized for disposal is the police dept . I brought them to the PD and they told me that I had to list each of them on a form ,give them my ID for each one and individually put them down a little hole that went into some kinda safe box . I told them that would take all afternoon cause I had 200 bottles of asst crap . I took them back home and pulled out the fence post and emptied them in the hole while having a few beers . I was never one of those tree hugger types anyways .

We just walk into a pharmacy, hand them over or drop them in a bin provided and walk out. No questions asked. I woulda buried them too if I had to go through all that nonsense lol.

Years ago they used to send them to impoverished nations but I don't think they are allowed to do that now.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:57 pm

jirqoadai wrote:and while youre sending them, include a 6-pack of Becks beer
I'm packing the stuff for you but your not getting the beer - that shits no good for your weight .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Red Lily wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:I don't really take any meds other than prescription Nexium type stuff but because she's married to me ,my wife has accumulated a supermarket bag of the stuff over the years . I'm of the belief that they should just be flushed or buried by the same fence post hole I pour all my automobile oil in but the wife ,being the goody 2 shoes she is asked me to bring them to the local drug store for disposal . I took them to the CVS and they told me the only ones that are authorized for disposal is the police dept . I brought them to the PD and they told me that I had to list each of them on a form ,give them my ID for each one and individually put them down a little hole that went into some kinda safe box . I told them that would take all afternoon cause I had 200 bottles of asst crap . I took them back home and pulled out the fence post and emptied them in the hole while having a few beers . I was never one of those tree hugger types anyways .

We just walk into a pharmacy, hand them over or drop them in a bin provided and walk out.  No questions asked.   I woulda buried them too if I had to go through all that nonsense lol.

Years ago they used to send them to impoverished nations but I don't think they are allowed to do that now.

It must be some law they put in effect out here to keep control of the pills but as usual they overdo it and now they're thrown in the garbage or flushed . I do recycle batteries though cause I found out the acid will rot my fence post .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next