Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

+9
Sprintcyclist
jirqoadai
JMWinPR
RV
vege57
Calypso Jones
Lummy
Crusader
HawkTheSlayer
13 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 20 Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by RV Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:30 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Just remember he gave those people hundreds of years to repent, they didn't and they only did worse...So bad that they could not be allowed to exist...child rape, child sacrifice and all related.  IF saul had done  his job, there may have been no nazi Germany.  

It's a thought for sure. My guess is that a whole lot of the hatred, evil and debauchery we see today is as a result of someone not doing their job in biblical times but, I am just speculating.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 20 Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:54 pm

I could agree with that.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:23 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Just remember he gave those people hundreds of years to repent, they didn't and they only did worse...So bad that they could not be allowed to exist...child rape, child sacrifice and all related.  IF saul had done  his job, there may have been no nazi Germany.  
God could have had Saul do his job. Caused whatever deaths were needed.

Because he's God.

That's where I do not, cannot, understand religious teachings.

To me, the only explanation of this ever-present destructive evil, is that if there is a Higher Power, he either doesn't care or is not sentient the way we understand it.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:58 pm

God doesn't make us do anything. His will will be done. If you don't do it it will get done another way. And you will miss the blessing. I'm using the universal you.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:12 am

Casey Jones wrote:
God could have had Saul do his job.  Caused whatever deaths were needed.

Because he's God.

That's where I do not, cannot, understand religious teachings.

To me, the only explanation of this ever-present destructive evil, is that if there is a Higher Power, he either doesn't care or is not sentient the way we understand it.

Yes He's God however, many times humans ignore, rationalize or otherwise do not do what God instructed them to do. The reading and studying of the Bible is one example but there are numerous others. God does not always do it another way, many times he allows humans to reap the consequences for their actions or lack thereof. God's way is not easy to understand because He is MUCH smarter, MUCH more all knowing, MUCH more all present and MUCH more able to see the big picture than humans will EVER be able to, humans fail to read, study, follow His word or pray.

Throw in the devil who opposes God, God's will, God's way or the reading and studying of God's word and you get exactly what we're seeing around the world today. I might add that despite what hollyweird has tried to brainwash us into believing, the devil is NOT red with a pitchfork and horns! God created the devil as one of His most beautiful angels of light who is able to deceive many into thinking that he is god. The devil wishes to be worshipped as god, many humans are doing just that.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:31 am

Everybodyy has to make a choice...and time is a factor.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:53 pm

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 20 TJbIuO

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 20 STHxic

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 20 FYhulp

every once in a while a ewe will give birth to a lamb and reject it.There are many reasons she may do this.  If the lamb is returned to her she may even kick the little thing away from her.   Once the ewe rejects one of her lambs she will never change her mind. These little lambs will hang their heads so low it looks like something is wrong with their necks. Theiur spirit is broken.
These lambs are called bummer lambs and if the shepherd does not intervene these lambs will die, rejected and alone. So do you know what the shepherd does?  He takes the rejected little one into his home, he feeds it and keeps it warm by the fire. He will wrap it in blankets and hold it to his chest so that the lamb can hear his heartbeat. Once the lamb is strong enough he will place it back in the field with the other flock.

But that sheep never forgets how the shepherd cared for him when his mother rejected him. When the shepherd calls the flock guess who is the first to run to him? that's right...the bummer sheep.  He knows his voice intimately.  It is not that the bummer sheep is loved more, it is just that the bummer sheep knows  intimately the one who loves it and has experienced that love one on one.
So many of us are bummer lambs, broken and rejected. But he is the good shepherd.  He cares for our  every need and holds us close  to his heart so that we can hear His heartbeat.
I am a bummer lamb adopted and loved by the good shepherd.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:58 pm

Yes He's God however, many times humans ignore, rationalize or otherwise do not do what God instructed them to do.

That's not a very powerful god, then. Did the Red Sea just decide not to part? Did Lazarus decide not to be dead? Did the dry bones in the valley decide not to reassemble?

Somehow the god those events describe, is not the god that somehow leaves it to choice whether to do one thing or another - but threatens that person, operating on incomplete information...threatens him with **ETERNAL PUNISHMENT**.

Like Monty Hall. Door #1, Door #2, Door #3.

Like a shell game done by a con man on the sidewalk. What it adds up to me is SADISM. Since a fair and just Creator would not do that, then I have to conclude that what is being presented, is NOT TRUE.

Once again, we're being infused with fear in order to manipulate us - into whatever church it is, into putting money into the plate, into blind obedience. Elmer-Gantry stuff. Jim Bakker stuff. PTL Network stuff - they have a long track record of abusing young teenage girls they came into contact with.

THOSE are not only evil, they're also very-human, and quite base. There probably is a Higher Power out there, and the Ten Commandments ring true; but how much more of it is made up by Elmer-Gantry types, from year whatever, to today, I can't know.

And I'm not told. And without proof that passes my intellect, I cannot accept it.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Today at 9:38 am

Not scripture but beautiful.

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 20 Q0AOUr

Oh LORD, MY God
When I, in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling Thunder
Thy Power throughout the Universe displayed.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20