Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

+8
jirqoadai
JMWinPR
RV
vege57
Calypso Jones
Lummy
Crusader
HawkTheSlayer
12 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking Empty Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Found this just recently finishing up the year in my 'bible in one year' readings.      I've said a few times, Life imitates art.   I'm not calling the Bible art in the sense that we  call something fashioned out of hollywood etc.   THe Bible is far and away above that.     But sometimes i do wonder where these hollywood types find their ideas.    Sometimes disturbing places.

So...i read this passage from Zechariah 14:12.

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.”

Use the term 'rot' in place of 'consume away'.

walking dead.   right?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Lummy, RV and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:30 pm

I bet Gates, Fauci, Rothschilds, Bilderberg group won't take the vaccine being demanded of the world population .

Red Lily, Calypso Jones, JMWinPR and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by Crusader Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Zombies. It's amazing how relevant the Bible is if you read it in the right context. I've read through the Bible twice using the yearly plan and highly recommend it.

Yesterday, I was curious about St_James1_53's screen name and was wondering if it was a Bible verse. I found that James only has 27 verses in the 1st chapter but the last verse struck me. I grew up in a religious home, where right and wrong were spelled out and curse words, drinking, and other behaviors were shunned and I understand that for some people that's true. Some people say things to offend or hurt people and some people can't handle drinking or drugs without acting like total idiots and/or putting other people at risk. Now that I'm an adult, I have learned to not be so dogmatic about organized religion and letting them determine my behavior.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

God forgives our sins, but he tells us that our actions tell us about ourselves and we should use these to judge ourselves and should be a form of worship. I still attend church and it's a great tool to hold each other accountable and encourage Godly behavior that is "unstained by the world", but I don't live my life according to the beliefs of others either. As an example, drinking is not a socially acceptable pastime in the Baptist church, but I have no problem with people drinking responsibly and would think nothing of seeing a fellow church member drinking a margarita at a local restaurant with his dinner. If I didn't have a gun on my hip, I might have one with him. I am still mindful not to do things that would cause another person to stray, so I generally keep my alcohol at home if I ever drink. 2-3 times/year typically.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, JMWinPR, jirqoadai, RV and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 pm

Bible says...just read it, that you give alcohol to the dying and wine to the sick.

Baptist and Methodists both eschew drinking.....while they're sitting in church. While we were members of the Methodist church in Cloverdale Virginia, my mother and step father often had parties and invited the pastor to them...there was drinking. I don't believe he missed a party. LOL

The bible does not say don't drink. It says, it's not a good idea to drink too much.

I'm independent baptist. Our pastor does not condone drinking. That's his right. Personally i will drink on occasion. I don't make an issue of it but in the summer time i greatly enjoy a red eye.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Lummy and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 pm

The 11th chapter of Revelation talks about 2 witnesses from God who prophesied and challenged the Earthly authorities in the end times.  After they were slain, people watched their dead bodies and celebrated all over the world.  My question is "How could people from all over the world know about these 2 men and watch and celebrate over their deaths if radio and television didn't exist.  It was an absurd prediction at the time because nobody had any idea that this could be possible.  Did the Bible predict television and radio in verse 9?
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones, JMWinPR, jirqoadai and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am

Good catch there Crusader. I confess that i didn't consider that before.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Red Lily, JMWinPR and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:04 am

Psalm 2

1 Why do the nations conspire[a]
   and the peoples plot in vain?

2 The kings of the earth rise up
   and the rulers band together   
against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,

3 “Let us break their chains
   and throw off their shackles.”

Youve heard this one.  The anti god types say that it is Christians that are oppressing them.

4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
   the Lord scoffs at them.

man schemes, God Laughs

5 He rebukes them in his anger
   and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,

6 “I have installed my king
   on Zion, my holy mountain.”

7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
   today I have become your father.

8 Ask me,
   and I will make the nations your inheritance,
   the ends of the earth your possession.

9 You will break them with a rod of iron[b];
   you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
   be warned, you rulers of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear
   and celebrate his rule with trembling.

12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
   and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
   Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

This isn't an imprecatory psalm but it almost could be.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 pm

Crusader wrote:The 11th chapter of Revelation talks about 2 witnesses from God who prophesied and challenged the Earthly authorities in the end times.  After they were slain, people watched their dead bodies and celebrated all over the world.  My question is "How could people from all over the world know about these 2 men and watch and celebrate over their deaths if radio and television didn't exist.  It was an absurd prediction at the time because nobody had any idea that this could be possible.  Did the Bible predict television and radio in verse 9?

Yes, that is very interesting. Thanks for it.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:11 am

Crusader wrote:The 11th chapter of Revelation talks about 2 witnesses from God who prophesied and challenged the Earthly authorities in the end times.  After they were slain, people watched their dead bodies and celebrated all over the world.  My question is "How could people from all over the world know about these 2 men and watch and celebrate over their deaths if radio and television didn't exist.  It was an absurd prediction at the time because nobody had any idea that this could be possible.  Did the Bible predict television and radio in verse 9?

Here's something else.  Satan is referred to as 'the prince of the power of the air'.  Ephesians 2:2   IN this day, what does that bring to mind....tv waves, radio waves, cellphone, computer....

Eph 2:  And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,

2in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience.

and that last part...'now at work in the sons of disobedience'   I'd say we're there.

Rev 12:9

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Lummy and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am

Yup.
Lummy
Lummy

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next