Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About those Flood Legends

+3
HawkTheSlayer
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
7 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

About those Flood Legends - Page 12 Empty Re: About those Flood Legends

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:31 pm

Lummy wrote:
MisterVeritis wrote:
While your posts are interesting they offer no evidence to support the existence of the gods you claim.

Jebe might be right. That opinion can't be dismissed. It doesn't really matter, does it? Unless and until God, perhaps an amalgamation of gods with an understanding of that the result is a concentration of power for the believer, step down upon the earth, it will always be a simple matter of Faith, certainly no small thing. I suspect that requires tremendous consensus before anything comes of it, which has always been a big problem, even in a single congregation.

I doubt the Bible can be so revised anyway. Joos won't have it. They can't. They are not disposed that way.

I think Jesus addressed that, perhaps God too and i think both did.   He sent his Son, God in the flesh, and Israel despised him.    Thus showing that you can put the real thing here on earth right in peoples' faces with miracles, miraculous healings, supernatural happenings and STILL...they won't believe it.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:31 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I'm not really going by Hebrew/Israelite/jewish history oral or written.  I'm using scientific evidence, yes, scientific using scientific logic and reasoning... to explain the discrepancies in carbon dating, the erosion of the Grand canyon, the numerous 'missing link' found (falsified) and then later quietly removed, and other overwhelming evidence of young earth.

""and other overwhelming evidence of young earth.""

Good luck with that , you'll need it lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:33 pm

Lummy wrote:Your next book might be to winnow out of world religions the common ideas making up a universal basis for morality. Probably already been done. If so, one would think that Spielberg did it, but he apparently didn't.

college courses...probably not in today's anti christian climate...our little university radicals would need to run to their safe places.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:35 pm

MisterVeritis wrote:
Lummy wrote:In my opinion to date, there is but one "best religion" that accounts for all the things that might be held in common belief. It largely boasts no political power, and consequently is rejected as without value, much the same way a number writings for the Old Testament were rejected. They're still around, just not in the Bible.

People have been living in groups for a couple of hundreds of thousands of years. Groups always come with rules. Don't steal. Don't kill. Those who followed the rules left more children than those who stole and killed. We have large brains because we live in groups. We need large brains so we can identify those who are in our group.

No religion was required.

It wasn't called religion then..and it wasn't a couple hundred thousands of years that man has been on earth.   Those rules didn't come from man.  They come from a creator.  Show me evidence of man coming up with rules for dealing with his fellow man.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/europes-hypocritical-history-of-cannibalism-42642371/

earliest evidence of cannibalism they say 100000 years ago, neanderthal, in a cave...before religion and gov't. right?

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:36 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
Lummy wrote:
MisterVeritis wrote:
While your posts are interesting they offer no evidence to support the existence of the gods you claim.

Jebe might be right. That opinion can't be dismissed. It doesn't really matter, does it? Unless and until God, perhaps an amalgamation of gods with an understanding of that the result is a concentration of power for the believer, step down upon the earth, it will always be a simple matter of Faith, certainly no small thing. I suspect that requires tremendous consensus before anything comes of it, which has always been a big problem, even in a single congregation.

I doubt the Bible can be so revised anyway. Joos won't have it. They can't. They are not disposed that way.

I think Jesus addressed that, perhaps God too and i think both did.   He sent his Son, God in the flesh, and Israel despised him.    Thus showing that you can put the real thing here on earth right in peoples' faces with miracles, miraculous healings, supernatural happenings and STILL...they won't believe it.

JOSHUA BEN JOSEPH was a real person and i have no doubt he was crucified, the rest is a fairy tale and folk law , There are many different religions out there what make you think yours is the only true one ?
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 pm

God Created Man...but Man created gods that more closely fit their desires.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 am

Calypso Jones wrote:
MisterVeritis wrote:
Lummy wrote:In my opinion to date, there is but one "best religion" that accounts for all the things that might be held in common belief. It largely boasts no political power, and consequently is rejected as without value, much the same way a number writings for the Old Testament were rejected. They're still around, just not in the Bible.

People have been living in groups for a couple of hundreds of thousands of years. Groups always come with rules. Don't steal. Don't kill. Those who followed the rules left more children than those who stole and killed. We have large brains because we live in groups. We need large brains so we can identify those who are in our group.

No religion was required.

It wasn't called religion then..and it wasn't a couple hundred thousands of years that man has been on earth.   Those rules didn't come from man.  They come from a creator.  Show me evidence of man coming up with rules for dealing with his fellow man.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/europes-hypocritical-history-of-cannibalism-42642371/

earliest evidence of cannibalism they say 100000 years ago, neanderthal, in a cave...before religion and gov't.  right?

Man made "religion", not God. What passes today as "religion" has nothing whatsoever to do with God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit. Islam is called a "religion", Buddha is called a "religion", Satanism is called a "religion", Wicca is called a "religion", climate change is called a "religion", all sorts of man made beliefs/ideologies/philosophies are called "religions" now, it's a lie like everything else that we are fed but, it is "tolerated".

There are even people who call themselves christians who have decided that they know "better" than God Almighty and have written the Bible to suit themselves. Other people who claim to be "christians" who ignore certain books/passages of God's word because they don't agree with nor understand them.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri May 10, 2024 8:30 pm

Taking back the dinosaurs AND the Rainbow.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12