Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USPS Mail Delivery Will Get Significantly Slower Starting Today

+6
Lummy
HawkTheSlayer
Crusader
Calypso Jones
2cent
Elizabeth Theus
10 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

USPS Mail Delivery Will Get Significantly Slower Starting Today - Page 2 Empty Re: USPS Mail Delivery Will Get Significantly Slower Starting Today

Post by jirqoadai Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:51 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I have never understood why private companies offer the same services for the same price and make money.
they dont make money. cost of revenue is a ball buster. show me a shipper who has increased its full truckload movement, ( not lost 20% of it ), while increased its net profit per share. as most have only increased their revenue by jacking up their pricing, while ditching customers........i will wait.......
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

USPS Mail Delivery Will Get Significantly Slower Starting Today - Page 2 Empty Re: USPS Mail Delivery Will Get Significantly Slower Starting Today

Post by jirqoadai Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:05 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I have never understood why private companies offer the same services for the same price and make money.
well, i waited. get back to me if you find anyone. ( my investment looses money from charging a $2,400 management fee and their revenue increase is through the roof. ( 393% )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:42 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
well, i waited. get back to me if you find anyone. ( my investment looses money from charging a $2,400 management fee and their revenue increase is through the roof. ( 393% )
I pay all my bills online. :thumbsup2:
And just in case, I have 10 forever stamps I bought about 20 years ago still sitting in an envelope.

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:11 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
And just in case, I  have 10 forever stamps I bought about 20 years ago still sitting in an envelope.
if you hadnt noticed, UPS sold out its frieght operations. im floored by amazon prime charging peanuts. ive compared all the publicly listed delivery companies ( non hot food ) ( and one meals on wheels ) and no one it turning a profit while increasing traffic volume. everyone is contracting and saying profit margin is a wonderful thing. one clod shit stepper even goes as bold as saying theyre hiring on average, 50 truckers a week, but theyve failed to say how many bolt each week. so no, theres no profit in delivery.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:22 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
And just in case, I  have 10 forever stamps I bought about 20 years ago still sitting in an envelope.
if you hadnt noticed, UPS sold out its frieght operations. im floored by amazon prime charging peanuts. ive compared all the publicly listed delivery companies ( non hot food ) ( and one meals on wheels ) and no one it turning a profit while increasing traffic volume. everyone is contracting and saying profit margin is a wonderful thing. one clod shit stepper even goes as bold as saying theyre hiring on average, 50 truckers a week, but theyve failed to say how many bolt each week. so no, theres no profit in delivery.

I hear ya, Jebe.
If folks like Amazon break even on the shipping, they are still profiting on product.

I don't think USPS was supposed to be a money making outfit back in the Pony Express days. But it wouldnt hurt if they could break even or operate slightly in the red.

Even folks like me who rarely use the postal service, still end up footing the bill through tax dollars.

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:35 pm

i was offered $17.75 as a mail sorter 25 years ago. simple job realy. read five numbers, type five numbers inside of one second. the two second sorters got fired. only work 45 out of 60 minutes. betcha now they get $35/hr
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Elizabeth Theus wrote:
2cent wrote:
Elizabeth Theus wrote:
2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:will anyone be able to tell the service is slower?
LOL.

A little strange.  If I mail an envelop from our tiny town, it gets to its destination wherever in the U.S. within 3 days.  If I mail from the larger surrounding towns, it takes longer.  And I don't think it's due to having less mail to sort.  
Could be they've changed paths again.

About 30 years ago (when I'd just bought my Blazer), I kept racking up late fees on my payments.  Couldn't figure out why because I KNEW I was mailing them in plenty of time (7 to 10 days in advance).  I never even looked at where they were going, just peeled of the label and stuck it on the envelope.  But when they kept showing up late, decided to find out just HOW FAR they were going.  In the words of Gomer:  Surprise, surprise, surprise.   They were only going about 20 blacks away in the same city of 25,000 people.  GOOD GRIEF!  USPS never has been very good at delivery....
Freudian slip?  lol.  

The USPS has got to have the worst (RE)organizers in history.  They keep trying to change things to "fix" their problems, and all it amounts to rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

One very simple thing they could do is choose a stamp, and stick w/it.  All this commemorating every foolish thing going has got to be expensive.

How is it that after being in business for SOOOOOOO many decades, they can't ever get in the black?  BULLSHIT!  People are pocketing money.   Yeah...the USPS should NOT be doing commemorative stamps.  IF....IF it's profitable then someone else should make it a business.  And IF it's profitable, how come they can't seem to make a profit?
For as long as they've been at it, you'd have to work at staying in the red for the amount of debt they've accumulated.  And be practiced at it, at that.
2cent
2cent

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:18 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:

Not many use the postal service here anymore, they only deliver every second day and have become more of a courier service, To the best of my knowledge banks are no longer printing cheques , everything is online banking or credit card
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:30 am

I refuse to bank online.
2cent
2cent

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:37 pm

2cent wrote:I refuse to bank online.
paranoia strikes deep. into your minds it will creep.........get someone from Navy Federal Credit Union to sponsor your application and youll be home free. i used to deal soley with cash all the time. try walking around with $15,000 in your pockets sometime. Navy is a godsend to me.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next