Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia Empty Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:00 am

Despite being often abused here and people not answering my questions, OTHER people have spoken to me as though I was a human. This is what I found.
Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
You have done nothing to further your ideas. Far from it.

............... Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.

A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections, and therefore has a potential for repurposing.

Ivermectin is widely available, due to its inclusion on the WHO model list of essential medicines. ....................

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

Sprintcyclist

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia Empty Re: Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:17 am

............ 17 August 2021

Monash University research into Ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19 is being undertaken by Dr Kylie Wagstaff from the Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute.

Since her team's initial publication showing that Ivermectin could prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection in cells in the laboratory, funding has been secured to undertake additional preclinical tests to better understand the dosing regimen most effective under laboratory conditions.

The findings from this work are now being prepared for submission to a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Monash University is not in a position to communicate on the outcome of this work until it has been subject to rigorous peer review. The pre-clinical laboratory-based findings will be communicated when the research is peer-reviewed and accepted for publication.

Alongside this work, Dr Wagstaff has been working to establish a blinded and randomised clinical trial. The low numbers of COVID cases in Australia in 2020 meant the planned trial in Australia had to be paused. The establishment of a trial depends on Australian and overseas circumstances, and will be communicated when we are in a position to do so.

Dr Wagstaff remains committed to undertaking a trial that will provide a definitive answer to whether or not Ivermectin is a potential treatment for COVID-19.

We note as per the advice issued from the National COVID-19 clinical evidence taskforce, Ivermectin is not to be used for the treatment of COVID-19 outside clinical trials with appropriate ethical approval.

We thank you for your ongoing interest in this work. ................................

https://www.monash.edu/discovery-institute/news-and-events/news/2021-articles/monash-university-update-on-ivermectin-research

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia Empty Re: Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:41 am

well...it looks like australia wants to get that depopulation going asap.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:well...it looks like australia wants to get that depopulation going asap.

It'ld help me if comments were constructive and formative.

The first quote states medical research has shown success with Ivermectin in the lab.
The 2nd showed the findings from that work have been presented to Peers for their review.

I work in a Medical Research Institute and this is the procedure.
There are a few things about this that does concern me and I will ask Eminent Scientists on Monday.

What concerns me is the time gap between these 2 papers. It has taken over a year to get to this stage.
Now, this comment appears that for me is puzzling .............

' ...... The low numbers of COVID cases in Australia in 2020 meant the planned trial in Australia had to be paused. The establishment of a trial depends on Australian and overseas circumstances, and will be communicated when we are in a position to do so.

Dr Wagstaff remains committed to undertaking a trial that will provide a definitive answer to whether or not Ivermectin is a potential treatment for COVID-19. ............

In usual circumstances I can well agree. Given we are in a pandemic and it is causing massive problems different path should be taken.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:22 am

I'm more interested in Molnupiravir.

Conclusions Molnupiravir is the first oral, direct-acting antiviral shown to be highly effective at reducing nasopharyngeal SARS-CoV-2 infectious virus and viral RNA and has a favorable safety and tolerability profile.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.17.21258639v1

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:54 am

Red Lily wrote:I'm more interested in Molnupiravir.

Conclusions Molnupiravir is the first oral, direct-acting antiviral shown to be highly effective at reducing nasopharyngeal SARS-CoV-2 infectious virus and viral RNA and has a favorable safety and tolerability profile.

It's going to be good to have a number of different medications.

A few vaccinations, a few things like ivermectin, molnupiavir, HCQ.
I have not heard of that one before, thanks.

Sprintcyclist

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:50 am

Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia India_1_resi_003
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:52 pm

Red Lily wrote:Ivermectin research at the Doherty institute, Australia India_1_resi_003

I found 2 Indian based medical sites that disproved this claim. Similar to this one.

Basically they blitzed the region with vaccines and cracked down on mask wearing.
Used 3 different vaccines, AZ, an Indian one and I believe the Russian one.

......... THE VERDICT
There is no evidence that new guidance on the use of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine led to a reduction in COVID-19 cases in India. In fact, hydroxychloroquine was reported to be in widespread use well prior to the country’s second-wave outbreak.

Experts told AAP FactCheck the treatments had not been shown to be effective in combating the coronavirus. India’s reduction in cases also coincides with other public-health measures, such as the vaccine rollout and statewide lockdowns.

False – Content that has no basis in fact.

AAP FactCheck is an accredited member of the International Fact-Checking Network. To keep up with our latest fact checks, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. ........

https://www.aap.com.au/no-proof-ivermectin-and-hydroxy-regime-led-to-covid-decline-in-india/

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thom Paine Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:well...it looks like australia wants to get that depopulation going asap.

It'ld help me if comments were constructive and formative.

The first quote states medical research has shown success with Ivermectin in the lab.
The 2nd showed the findings from that work have been presented to Peers for their review.

I work in a Medical Research Institute and this is the procedure.
There are a few things about this that does concern me and I will ask Eminent Scientists on Monday.

What concerns me is the time gap between these 2 papers. It has taken over a year to get to this stage.
Now, this comment appears that for me is puzzling  .............

' ...... The low numbers of COVID cases in Australia in 2020 meant the planned trial in Australia had to be paused. The establishment of a trial depends on Australian and overseas circumstances, and will be communicated when we are in a position to do so.

Dr Wagstaff remains committed to undertaking a trial that will provide a definitive answer to whether or not Ivermectin is a potential treatment for COVID-19.   ............

In usual circumstances I can well agree. Given we are in a pandemic and it is causing massive problems different path should be taken.

So, a test including nearly 200 million people is not worthy consideration, eh?

Thom Paine

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:05 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I'm more interested in Molnupiravir.

It's going to be good to have a number of different medications.

A few vaccinations, a few things like ivermectin, molnupiavir, HCQ.
I have not heard of that one before, thanks.

That's ivermectin at 40 X the price it should be. It should alert all of us to the fact that this is about $$$$.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next