Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical Research

5 posters

Go down

Medical Research Empty Medical Research

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:49 am

I work in a Medical Research Institute. Which may in be part why I see some things differently to many people here.

Here is a typical email that comes across my bench. I'm a technician who fixes up all their gear.

......... Hi All,

Would anyone have a small amount of a phospho histone H3, serine 10 and/or Serine 28 antibody we could have a small amount of for a preliminary IF experiment?

Thank you, .........

Want me to post some of the posters from there?
They are really amazing, the Scientists live in a different world to us.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Medical Research Empty Re: Medical Research

Post by RV Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:22 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
I work in a Medical Research Institute. Which may in be part why I see some things differently to many people here.

Here is a typical email that comes across my bench. I'm a technician who fixes up all their gear.

.........  Hi All,

Would anyone have a small amount of a phospho histone H3, serine 10 and/or Serine 28 antibody we could have a small amount of for a preliminary IF experiment?

Thank you,    .........

Want me to post some of the posters from there?
They are really amazing, the Scientists live in a different world to us.

Sort of like the politicians living in a different world to us as well! The difference is that 'scientists' can kill thousands/millions of people and get away with it.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:05 pm

Anyone who works in any kind of research today is beholding to the powers that finance the research to have or skew positive results in the benefactors favor.
Government funds most university research, along with private industry.

Big pharma funds most medical research.

Results that don't benefit the benefactors, or true results are never revealed or published. They are suppressed in dishonesty.

It's what made me abandon graduate school decades ago.
I won't play that game.

Have a good look around you and see if you can survive on your own without being a yes man .

2cent and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:23 am

Yes, medical buildings need a good cleaning, too.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:24 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Anyone who works in any kind of research today is beholding to the powers that finance the research to have or skew positive results in the benefactors favor.
Government funds most university research, along with private industry.

Big pharma funds most medical research.

Results that don't benefit the benefactors,  or true results are never revealed or published. They are suppressed in dishonesty.

It's what made me abandon graduate school decades ago.
I won't play that game.

Have a good look around you and see if you can survive on your own without being a yes man .

Hmm ... Sounds familiar. I worked in a University bio lab for awhile, and couldn't avoid the scuttlebutt. This was in the 70's.There were a couple of male grad students who were disillusioned with their field and had one foot out the door.

I believe women are more likely to knowingly remain in a corrupt environment such as is now apparently growing in academia than are men.  That's my sense of them in that field. I have known women who 40 years ago fucked their way through college and thought nothing of it. It was more or less SOP. Nobody really thought anything of it.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:07 pm

This was back in the days of Annie Hall and Looking for Mr Goodbar popular movie productions of the day you should check out. Contain strong themes.

I have never liked Diane Keaton for that.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:10 am

It takes both genders for anyone to sleep their way to the top. If sex wasn't an issue that certain people use as a basis for promotion, it wouldn't happen.

As I've said many times with the Fentanyl 'crisis', if people didn't buy illegal drugs, Fentanyl would not be an issue and gangs would not be making millions of dollars off of illegal drugs.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down