Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacon and Dementia

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bacon and Dementia - Page 2 Empty Re: Bacon and Dementia

Post by vege57 Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 pm

Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Rob Lowe looks pretty good...He's atkins and that's somewhat like Keto Diet.

BigC , A well balanced diet is all you need,I work for a guy that is diabetic type2, hes a good friend of mine, Today he commented that his blood sugar reading was down to 6 , he wasn't even sure what that represented, he just felt it was good as it had previously been 16, I said to him " Matt you do understand that its because you are taking insulin not because you have improved your lifestyle "  He looked a little dejected, He is a good friend and I care about him,  Sad

Am I doing him a disservice by being frank with him ?

If he worked on changing his lifestyle he probably wouldn't need insulin.

Most definitely and he knows that, Its just easier to medicate than change your lifestyle, maybe i should just lie to him, But hes only in his 30's and if he doesn't make some changes he may leave the company before I do , permanently !

Well that's a shame but people will only do what they want to do and only make changes when they are ready.  Lying to him won't help him at all though.

I dont do subtle well, The Doris thinks im on the spectrum lol, I guess its about showing empathy without people thinking you are taking the piss,

vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:45 pm

vege57 wrote:
I dont do subtle well, The Doris thinks im on the spectrum lol, I guess its about showing empathy without people thinking you are taking the piss,

Bacon and Dementia - Page 2 773625082
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny1 Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 am

Red Lily wrote:
tiny1 wrote:Natural saturated fats are actually good for your brain.  Bacon actually has B1, B12 and selenium, all good for the brain.
The "Fat makes you Fat" methodology has been debunked.  In fact, I use Lard, bacon and sausage grease, Butter, Olive oils, etc., and I have a total cholesterol of 106.  It dropped while I was on a Ketogenic Diet from 160 down to 106.  My BP is normal, and my sugar hovers around 91 at rest.  Arterial scans show no excess plaque build up in my arteries.  My blood flow to my feet, is just the same rate as blood flow to my hands.  I've lost 100 lbs, and still need to lose 40-50 more.  EKG and EEG both satisfactory.

Personally I believe it's the preservatives in food that cause the most damage.   Natural fats are good but many preservatives can transform into carcinogenic agents.   Same with artificial sweeteners.
Preservatives are bad, no doubt. But the Obesity Epidemic, and by extension associated health problems are mostly the result of Insulin Resistance. It is Simple Carbohydrates, like Flour, Sugar , Starch, etc. that do the crux of the damage. Reverse that, and the weight starts to melt off and health issues begin correcting themselves. As the Pancreas and Liver are given relief, the body adapts and normalizes. As you get closer to your goals, you increase the Healthy Carbs and Whole Grains, and your overall health takes another upswing in results.
The Goal is to defeat Insulin resistance, by reduced Simple Carbs, and then to balance things as you improve. I ate an imbalanced diet to gain the weight, and I will continue to make needed changes until I reach a normal, healthy weight/lifestyle. Having tried EVERYTHING prior to Ketogenics, I can see now how much better I feel without the added carbs. No other diet I ever tried showed the results I have seen, without Diet Side Effects.
Artificial Sweeteners also present problems, so I eat Allulose, and Monk Fruit sweeteners most often, with an occasional Sugar Alcohol.
Preservatives and sweeteners are definitely a concern, and you are correct that they cause their own array of problems. Best Avoided if possible, but I think Margarine and Canola oil are worse. JMHO.

tiny1

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:34 am

Casey Jones wrote:I don't believe it.

I'm in a foul move - I just got Woken at another site, and I'm sick of the Professionally Outraged.

Oh? tell us about it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:05 am

Who is news.com? I get the impression they're british...so ...it doesn't apply to americans. Bacon and Dementia - Page 2 3997609988
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 pm

I hope sleepy Joe is going easy on the bacon
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content