Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacon and Dementia

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bacon and Dementia Empty Bacon and Dementia

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:58 am

Eating just one rasher of bacon a day raises the risk of developing dementia by up to half, a study suggests.

The findings, which was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition on Monday, showed that eating 25g of processed meat – the equivalent of one bacon rasher – raises the risk of dementia by 44 per cent.

But scientists of the study also discovered that unprocessed meat, such as beef, pork and veal, was found to protect against the condition.

For example, from analysis of genetic and health data of 500,000 people, those who consumed 50g a day of unprocessed meat were almost 20 per cent less likely to develop dementia, cutting the risk by nearly a fifth.

Executive dean of medicine for the University of Exeter, not involved in the study, said the findings were an important first step, but was too small of a data set to over-interpret results on their own.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/eating-bacon-daily-raises-dementia-risk-by-50-per-cent-leeds-university-study-finds/news-story/094ae488e651734648613af5b2505dc2

I love bacon but I also don't eat it regularly so hopefully my brain will weather the storm. It looks like more beef, lamb and poke chops need to be on the menu but I don't eat veal so scrap that.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bacon and Dementia Empty Re: Bacon and Dementia

Post by tiny1 Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:19 am

Red Lily wrote:
Eating just one rasher of bacon a day raises the risk of developing dementia by up to half, a study suggests.

The findings, which was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition on Monday, showed that eating 25g of processed meat – the equivalent of one bacon rasher – raises the risk of dementia by 44 per cent.

But scientists of the study also discovered that unprocessed meat, such as beef, pork and veal, was found to protect against the condition.

For example, from analysis of genetic and health data of 500,000 people, those who consumed 50g a day of unprocessed meat were almost 20 per cent less likely to develop dementia, cutting the risk by nearly a fifth.

Executive dean of medicine for the University of Exeter, not involved in the study, said the findings were an important first step, but was too small of a data set to over-interpret results on their own.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/eating-bacon-daily-raises-dementia-risk-by-50-per-cent-leeds-university-study-finds/news-story/094ae488e651734648613af5b2505dc2

I love bacon but I also don't eat it regularly so hopefully my brain will weather the storm.  It looks like more beef, lamb and poke chops need to be on the menu but I don't eat veal so scrap that.
Natural saturated fats are actually good for your brain. Bacon actually has B1, B12 and selenium, all good for the brain.
The "Fat makes you Fat" methodology has been debunked. In fact, I use Lard, bacon and sausage grease, Butter, Olive oils, etc., and I have a total cholesterol of 106. It dropped while I was on a Ketogenic Diet from 160 down to 106. My BP is normal, and my sugar hovers around 91 at rest. Arterial scans show no excess plaque build up in my arteries. My blood flow to my feet, is just the same rate as blood flow to my hands. I've lost 100 lbs, and still need to lose 40-50 more. EKG and EEG both satisfactory.

tiny1

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Thats me fucked lol

And poor Neo is already half way gone. to many English breakfasts in thinkin, He doesn't remember that im his cousin Bacon and Dementia 851854830
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Rob Lowe looks pretty good...He's atkins and that's somewhat like Keto Diet.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:34 pm

I don't believe it.

The Woke imbeciles have taken over science. Maffs be way-sissed. We need to know the color of our engineers; and we must hire for diversity. And fall-down bridges are...acts of Gaia, who's angry for Glow Bull Warming.

The WEF oligarchs have spoken. We will have nothing; bugs are what's for dinner, and you will be happy, you!

Because bacon, we JUST FOUND...is BAD for you.

They can copulate off and assume room temperature.

I'm in a foul move - I just got Woken at another site, and I'm sick of the Professionally Outraged.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:41 pm

tiny1 wrote:Natural saturated fats are actually good for your brain.  Bacon actually has B1, B12 and selenium, all good for the brain.
The "Fat makes you Fat" methodology has been debunked.  In fact, I use Lard, bacon and sausage grease, Butter, Olive oils, etc., and I have a total cholesterol of 106.  It dropped while I was on a Ketogenic Diet from 160 down to 106.  My BP is normal, and my sugar hovers around 91 at rest.  Arterial scans show no excess plaque build up in my arteries.  My blood flow to my feet, is just the same rate as blood flow to my hands.  I've lost 100 lbs, and still need to lose 40-50 more.  EKG and EEG both satisfactory.

Personally I believe it's the preservatives in food that cause the most damage. Natural fats are good but many preservatives can transform into carcinogenic agents. Same with artificial sweeteners.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:06 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Rob Lowe looks pretty good...He's atkins and that's somewhat like Keto Diet.

BigC , A well balanced diet is all you need,I work for a guy that is diabetic type2, hes a good friend of mine, Today he commented that his blood sugar reading was down to 6 , he wasn't even sure what that represented, he just felt it was good as it had previously been 16, I said to him " Matt you do understand that its because you are taking insulin not because you have improved your lifestyle " He looked a little dejected, He is a good friend and I care about him, Sad

Am I doing him a disservice by being frank with him ?
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:18 pm

vege57 wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Rob Lowe looks pretty good...He's atkins and that's somewhat like Keto Diet.

BigC , A well balanced diet is all you need,I work for a guy that is diabetic type2, hes a good friend of mine, Today he commented that his blood sugar reading was down to 6 , he wasn't even sure what that represented, he just felt it was good as it had previously been 16, I said to him " Matt you do understand that its because you are taking insulin not because you have improved your lifestyle "  He looked a little dejected, He is a good friend and I care about him,  Sad

If he worked on changing his lifestyle he probably wouldn't need insulin.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:26 pm

Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:

BigC , A well balanced diet is all you need,I work for a guy that is diabetic type2, hes a good friend of mine, Today he commented that his blood sugar reading was down to 6 , he wasn't even sure what that represented, he just felt it was good as it had previously been 16, I said to him " Matt you do understand that its because you are taking insulin not because you have improved your lifestyle "  He looked a little dejected, He is a good friend and I care about him,  Sad

Most definitely and he knows that, Its just easier to medicate than change your lifestyle, maybe i should just lie to him, But hes only in his 30's and if he doesn't make some changes he may leave the company before I do , permanently !
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 pm

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
vege57 wrote:

Most definitely and he knows that, Its just easier to medicate than change your lifestyle, maybe i should just lie to him, But hes only in his 30's and if he doesn't make some changes he may leave the company before I do , permanently !

Well that's a shame but people will only do what they want to do and only make changes when they are ready. Lying to him won't help him at all though.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next