Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bible study luncheon: Maple bacon cupcakes, Seafood salad, fruit melange

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bible study luncheon:  Maple bacon cupcakes, Seafood salad, fruit melange - Page 2 Empty Re: Bible study luncheon: Maple bacon cupcakes, Seafood salad, fruit melange

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:44 pm

So far i've done the cupcake part. It is mildly sweet. Where the sweet and bacon is going to come in is with the icing and bacon on top. I'm doing strips...not chips.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Bible study luncheon:  Maple bacon cupcakes, Seafood salad, fruit melange - Page 2 Empty Re: Bible study luncheon: Maple bacon cupcakes, Seafood salad, fruit melange

Post by Red Lily Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:26 pm

OK let us know how they go. I'm interested in trying them myself.

Generally I kinda like to keep my sweets and savories separate but I'm willing to try everything and bacon is one thing that is universal.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:31 pm

will do. I'm trying to pace these so that they're fresh and ready to go by next tuesday. I won't make the seafood salad till sunday evening or monday. It will set in frig for a day or day and a half.

Then the fruit salad i'll do that monday nite.

Everything ready to go by 1pm on tuesday. If it is cancelled..all the better.... food wise that is.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:13 pm

@Calypso Jones, I like the seafood salad idea.  Hope you don't mind a bit of kabitzin' on the fruit salad?  How about substitute peach yogurt for the OJ?  A neighbor lady taught me that one.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:20 pm

peach flavor would be a nice addition. Does it make it creamy ?

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:does it make it creamy ?
Not really.  It just tastes delicious.  But then, I bet the oj does, too.  Hmm.  Decisions, decisions.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:25 pm

I was wondering because of the size of the fruit salad. Meaning lots of fruit would i guess dilute the peach yogurt? I may have to make two versions and compare.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I was wondering because of the size of the fruit salad.  Meaning lots of fruit would i guess dilute the peach yogurt?   I may have to make two versions and compare.  
Hmm.  I almost regret saying something 'cuz it seems to have thrown a wrench in what was already perfectly good to go.

JFTR, I use around 4 oz. of yogurt for around 3-4 cups of fruit.  Not enough to overpower the fruit flavor.  Just enough to give it a bit of a perk.  Probably the same ratio as your juice to fruit recipe.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:20 pm

that helps. Thanks. I don't have any problem with yogurt. I use it in cakes sometimes.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:27 pm

I'm certain there is a God.
He made bacon! And he said, "Go forth and Procure nourishment ".Genesis1:1
Besides, we get to heaven faster that way.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next