Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moldy bread? Throw it out.

+9
Casey Jones
Red Lily
Jen
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
Daily Bread
tiny1
HawkTheSlayer
Lummy
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Moldy bread? Throw it out. - Page 3 Empty Re: Moldy bread? Throw it out.

Post by Red Lily Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:35 am

I'd have taken it back.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Abby08 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby08 Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:17 am

I always thought Bread mold could kill you?
Abby08
Abby08

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:20 am

I always thought it was very bad news too. If I see one little spot on a loaf I toss the whole lot out.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Abby08 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:53 am

honestly i don't know.   if it is bad i toss.  If it is just a spot i remove it and refrigerate the bread.  Sometimes put it in another wrap. I use stale bread in bread pudding. YUMMY. I have a recipe for doing it in the crock pot.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:38 am

Red Lily wrote:I'd have taken it back.

So would I but for the inconvenience. You're correct though. I have not purchased another loaf of that brand, and what I get now has been good.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Toast it.  you won't know the difference.

lol!

affraid
LOL.  But yeah, I'm w/you.  One little dot?  Pinch it off, and eat the rest.  Eat mold, though?  Not on your life, and I don't buy that it doesn't taste bad.  If it stanks, it ranks.

Dummy me still hasn't memorized what days go w/what color twisty ties.  I know they're in alphabetical order, but ... Oh well.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:35 pm

Lummy wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I won't eat moldy bread no way Jose.   Muffins should last more than 2 days without going moldy too.   There's something wrong with that.

I bought a loaf of bread a few months ago from that same store, I won't divulge the store name but to say it's a well known big box grocer, took the bread home, opened it, and ... voila, half of it was black mold.

I threw it out of course.
Why not divulge who sells horrid, spoiled bread?  And/or the brand?  Some of your 'listeners' might appreciate it.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:48 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:I don't understand this.  Bread for breakfast?  WTH is French Toast?

I'm on a low-carb diet.  Breakfast is an egg.  Maybe some pig-parts to go with it.

As for moldy stuff...we're too squeamish.  Nuke it in the microwave, and it's all good.
I rarely eat breakfast for many years now, but I used to enjoy a big breakfast when I was skinny. Lol.
I got spoiled in LaPlace , Louisiana. Andouille capital of the world.

When i would get off a 12 hour shift in the morning, I would go to a place called The Donut Hole(I think). This place had the best donuts in the world. Hundreds of dozens of fresh boxed donuts that were destined for offices in and about NOLA.

Long before McDonald's had a skimpy , egg white burrito,  this place had a huge Breakfast Burrito. Took 2 hands to eat.
3 or 4 eggs, ham, cooked andoullie, sausage, onions, green onions, cheese, and ground beef. Seasoned right , too.
$4.99@. I would buy 2 everyday, along with a half dozen donuts. One to eat when I got home and one to refrigerate to take to work the next night.

I believe I contained more gas than than the refinery.  Moldy bread? Throw it out. - Page 3 773625082

If you had 2 or 3 extra minutes they would drop in some hot oil and make it a chimichanga at no extra charge.

Memories.

Back in the Navy, at NAS North Island...there was this Mexican with a roach coach. Not the little ones selling assembly-line sandwiches; he had a grill in the back, and he cooked to order. He had a pass to set up, midway between the pier for our ship and the aviation offices for the airstrip.

His breakfast burritos were $4.50 and you needed two hands to carry them. Those were TWO meals...must have been over three eggs each; ham and bacon and cheese...spiced, and he'd put hot sauce in one if you asked. Most guys who bought them would eat half for breakfast and the other half for lunch.

He'd have a line 80 deep. Think of that. Our chow line onboard was free to crewmen, and they're half of them out there buying this monster burrito, hot fresh coffee and maybe a donut.

But big breakfasts have been part of my life from when I worked for County Welfare to just recently. Prior to that, in my golf-course, garbage-tipping and snowplow-driving days...I frequently just skipped. Not the healthiest thing to do, and if you have a weight issue (like myself) it's contributing to it.

Best thing for us oldsters to do is eat five or more very-small meals, spaced out over the day.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:58 am

Lummy wrote:Should you eat moldy bread?

No, according to the internet. Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ro8sPOgCBg

So what have I done? I just finished eating the last of several sweet muffins that had a layer of mold on them. I didn't remove the mold.  

I'm still here ... sorry ...

Not all molds are made equal , penicillin is a case in point
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:01 am

tiny1 wrote:Throw the shit away.  Bread products are cheap, especially if home made.  No sense getting sick over a couple pieces of bread.

Some times you have no other bread and you have to make the call, I dont mind a little white fungi, I draw the line at the black furry shit
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next