Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darn Good chocolate cake.... i doubt that

+2
vege57
Calypso Jones
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Darn Good chocolate cake.... i doubt that - Page 3 Empty Re: Darn Good chocolate cake.... i doubt that

Post by vege57 Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:23 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Fairy Cake?   I don't think i know that one.

Its like a tranny cake but with bigger balls
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Darn Good chocolate cake.... i doubt that - Page 3 Empty Re: Darn Good chocolate cake.... i doubt that

Post by Red Lily Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:10 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Fairy Cake?   I don't think i know that one.

They're like little cup cakes flat on one side and rounded on the other.  My oldest loves them as you can put a whole one in your mouth all at once lol.  There's a special tin you use for them too.   I use my mom's vintage one and you put them at the bottom of a low oven with a baking tray on the rack above so they don't really rise. Mom was a great baker and cook but she always used a plain butter cake mix for her fairy cakes.

They look kinda like this but I don't use the papers. I think they're a Brit afternoon tea thing.

Darn Good chocolate cake.... i doubt that - Page 3 Fairy-10
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am

would you share the recipe for that? or at least the ingredients? My grandmother made a cookie and then she passed away before i ever got a recipe from her for them. There was sugar, flour, egg, butter, vanilla and a dough was formed and she cut the cookies out of the dough...they rose a little in the middle.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:33 am

i'm baking the darn good chocolate cake variation right now.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:45 am

That's good. VERY moist. I haven't put the icing on yet. Granddaughter and her buddy came over to get my biscuit mix and they ate some of the darn good chocolate cake. It was a hit. Mad suggested putting more mini chocolate chips on top in the icing. I think that's a good idea.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3