Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on Weather wise in your area?

+15
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
EvilCat Breath
Sprintcyclist
Matt National
Cotton
Elizabeth Theus
JMWinPR
jirqoadai
Crusader
Red Lily
Lummy
vege57
Jen
19 posters

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:02 pm

Casey Jones wrote:It is not easy; and it gets harder every year.

If I had my own home...well, the only way that could have happened is if I kept working; and if I'd kept working, first, I'd be Jabbed; second, I'd be gone every day forever.  So I wouldn't have had to worry about what to do on a slow winter day.

The idea was to go where it was warm.  Last February, for example - I didn't even do many of the tourist-type things in Florida.  I just walked along the nature trails close to where I was camping.

To get outside, and into the sunshine.  Boring?  Not as much so as being locked in all winter.

Be nice if I could afford a shop with hobby arrays...but right now, I'm just lucky to be able to afford food and rent and not have been Pfizered to death.
It could be worse. You could have been Moderna-ed to death. Razz

Back to top Go down

What's going on Weather wise in  your area? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's going on Weather wise in your area?

Post by Casey Jones Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:14 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
It could be worse. You could have been Moderna-ed to death. Razz

But for the gods.

I wasn't wild about this Goo, and I wasn't ready to jump in line...but I honestly didn't see this coming. I thought, just one more - like that GD anthrax vaxx they made me take in the Navy, a few weeks before I separated. I tried to fight it (and DNA collection, happened about the same time) and got nowhere.

So, with my VA medical coverage basically at-risk, I was ready to submit.

Several things happened. First, all these people with NO...APPARENT...INTEREST in my health, suddenly became FRANTIC that everyone who could walk, get the Jab. WHILE they De-Platformed people who were talking of alternate treatments. Including medical doctors with long histories of success.

Then, the Bidet Mandates. Obviously, this was very important to someone, quite apart from "not spreading" the virus. It's time to sit back and watch...and I did. Mistreatments in hospitals; Jab victims seemingly dying, and at young ages.

Something like this, makes me wonder if there's still some sort of plan for me in my final years. Because there's no way I could have kept on being so lucky...and yes, as I've said, I have about four friends and acquaintances, from over the years, dead. Many were my age or younger; and some were healthy and athletic.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:51 am

Was 95 degrees here today. Tomorrow, cooling back to only 91.4
Day after that though, getting good again - 98.6 !!!!!!!!!!
And a storm too, so the humidity will be RIGHT up there

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 am

Dec 7 and we will be flirting with record heat fo the next 7 days. Temps will be in the 80s today.

It was foggy this morning a we got a rogue shower. The only rain in the state. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Yeah, it warmed up here, too.

"Warm" being relative. It's now seasonal in the area - which means, for mid-December, temperatures around the freezing mark.

Seasonal weather would have been welcome five weeks ago, when "seasonal" was mid-fifties. But this is the first easing-up we've had on this battering-ram winter.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:59 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Dec 7 and we will be flirting with record heat fo the next 7 days. Temps will be in  the 80s today.

It was foggy this morning a we got a rogue shower. The only rain in the state. Lol.

""Dec 7 and we will be flirting with record heat for the next 7 days. ""

And what do you put that down too ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:26 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:Dec 7 and we will be flirting with record heat fo the next 7 days. Temps will be in  the 80s today.

""Dec 7 and we will be flirting with record heat for the next 7 days. ""

And what do you put that down too ?

La niña, and the subtropical jet stream taking a north turn.

I call it weather.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:23 am

Oh boy, it will be very cold for Christmas.
62 for the high Thursday. Then 22 Friday Morning!
The high for Friday will only be 32! Not even above freezing. Then more nights in the lower 20s. Some models indicate uppoer teens for lows .

Real pipe busters in this part of the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:41 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Oh boy, it will be very cold for Christmas.
62 for the high Thursday. Then 22 Friday Morning!
The high for Friday will only be 32! Not even above freezing.  Then more nights in the lower 20s. Some models indicate uppoer teens for lows .

Real pipe busters in this part of the world.

Christmas 1981, I was working for a construction company in Houston. They were, purchaser of land, developer, and realtor. And no, those houses weren't that high a quality - okay, but any way they could cut corners, they did. No basements, for example. For another example, the masonry wasn't top quality. I was a new guy; we were picking up some stuff at a house that had been a model home. When built, as a model, the garage door was replaced with a picture window and commercial glass door - the garage was the reception area. So, in prepping for sale, the window and door jamb were removed, and an overhead garage door was going in.

The garage was at one end of the house, of course; and the remodelers had chopped the brick facade off around the corner. Probably because they wanted to hide the marks where the bricks were relayed.

Now, I'm just standing there, waiting for the foreman to finish inside. I see that facade - I can see there's about three inches between the insulation and wrap and the brick facade. I don't know why, but I just hit it with my fist. Not even very hard; but that whole brick wall came down. I protested innocence, but they suspected, of course. Even poorly-laid brick walls don't come down without a little help, or at least time.

Anyway. All our houses had EXPOSED water connections. Come up out of the ground, on the back side of the house; and enter, usually at the kitchen sink location. So we had a cold snap...and a lot of new home buyers, many of which were Mexican (a fair number of Mexican professionals and craftsmen moving into the area and buying homes)...didn't know enough to keep the water running inside.

I would have thought if they'd had the water service come in under the foundation pad, and into an inside wall, a lot of trouble would be avoided. Freezes in Houston aren't common but they do happen about once every 17 years; and over the time you'd be living in the home, for all your live, that's a lot of freezing.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:03 pm

If you pay any attention to the weathermen anymore. LOLOL, you'd hear that apparently the step mother of all winter storms is heading for the east coast. We're right in the way. Captain got in extra wood tonite for downstairs, built the fire, banked it..and well...we'll just see.

I'll probably be heading into town tomorrow to get a new computer mouse.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next