Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the The Solar Eclipse

+4
Daily Bread
Calypso Jones
Crusader
RV
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Thoughts on the The Solar Eclipse - Page 3 Empty Re: Thoughts on the The Solar Eclipse

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:The media keeps saying that we should be aware of strange happenings with this eclipse thing happening . Dogs weren't doing anything different , people weren't howling in the middle of the street ,- nothing ! But as I was doing my normal 2 mile jog around the block some of my nieghbors started handing me cloths and sneakers to put on but some were just sitting in chairs at the end of the driveways ,laughing and the wives were  commenting about how endowed DB is . They even asked me to run another 2 Thoughts on the The Solar Eclipse - Page 3 553500953

you guys. LOLOL

I was just kidding you guys about running around my neighborhood nekked today - I only do that on my birthday and Saturdays .

well that's a relief. What a Face
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Daily Bread and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the The Solar Eclipse - Page 3 Empty Re: Thoughts on the The Solar Eclipse

Post by Cotton Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:32 am

RV wrote:Rumors are flying about the "solar eclipse". Many have found ways to collect big bucks from it. There are a plethora of things for sale. T-Shirts, glasses, visors, hats, you name it.

While others are doing their best to capitalize on the eclipse, others are using it as an excuse to pedal their "spiritual" snake oil to the unsuspecting masses.

Supposedly this is a "sign from God" that judgement is coming. If anyone would bother to actually pick up a Bible and study what it says, God DOES NOT give a "warning" before the judgement comes. The Bible talks about things that will be the same as they were in Noah's time. Those people didn't have some sort of "warning" before God flooded the Earth. The ONLY "warning" per se they got was Noah's ark building, which the people mocked, scoffed and laughed at all the time Noah was building it. There was no "warning" of impending doom, the "warning" had been coming all their lives as they were told how they should live by God. Adam and Eve would not listen and neither will the unsaved.

The saved will be "caught up" (i.e. raptured) to meet Jesus IN THE SKY rather than on Earth. The second coming occurs on Earth AFTER the tribulation.

If it isn't the rapture, I'm not really interested in it.

It would be interesting to hear what others think about the Eclipse...

I loved the eclipse. It was very surreal
Cotton
Cotton

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:07 am

What i got to see was memorable....Our grandson was with us in the backyard so i made sure he got to see it.  i mean what little it was through HEAVY cloud cover., Signs and wonders in the heavens.    No ets and no flying saucers. yet.  😉
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:17 am

I'll be honest, I paid no attention to the eclipse at all. I turned on a light in the house when it got dark but, other than that, I went about my normal activities. My only interest would be in the rapture, everything else is just, daily stuff.

I was just amazed at how people attempt to capitalize on ANYTHING. I was even more amazed that there are people with more money than brains who purchase the nonsense!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:11 pm

Daily Bread wrote:About 2 minutes after Indiana had their solar eclipse the media put up a breaking news bulletin that the solar eclipse glasses that millions of people brought were being recalled .

It's funny but, there is a ring of truth in it also. Our government is always a day late and a dollar short in communicating any information to the public.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:11 pm

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:Rumors are flying about the "solar eclipse". Many have found ways to collect big bucks from it. There are a plethora of things for sale. T-Shirts, glasses, visors, hats, you name it.

While others are doing their best to capitalize on the eclipse, others are using it as an excuse to pedal their "spiritual" snake oil to the unsuspecting masses.

Supposedly this is a "sign from God" that judgement is coming. If anyone would bother to actually pick up a Bible and study what it says, God DOES NOT give a "warning" before the judgement comes. The Bible talks about things that will be the same as they were in Noah's time. Those people didn't have some sort of "warning" before God flooded the Earth. The ONLY "warning" per se they got was Noah's ark building, which the people mocked, scoffed and laughed at all the time Noah was building it. There was no "warning" of impending doom, the "warning" had been coming all their lives as they were told how they should live by God. Adam and Eve would not listen and neither will the unsaved.

The saved will be "caught up" (i.e. raptured) to meet Jesus IN THE SKY rather than on Earth. The second coming occurs on Earth AFTER the tribulation.

If it isn't the rapture, I'm not really interested in it.

It would be interesting to hear what others think about the Eclipse...

I loved the eclipse. It was very surreal

Yes, this sort of thing is amazing

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:17 pm

RV wrote:I'll be honest, I paid no attention to the eclipse at all. I turned on a light in the house when it got dark but, other than that, I went about my normal activities. My only interest would be in the rapture, everything else is just, daily stuff.

I was just amazed at how people attempt to capitalize on ANYTHING. I was even more amazed that there are people with more money than brains who purchase the nonsense!

people like you are also known as Energy Vampires

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:41 pm

RV wrote:I'll be honest, I paid no attention to the eclipse at all. I turned on a light in the house when it got dark but, other than that, I went about my normal activities. My only interest would be in the rapture, everything else is just, daily stuff.

what were people purchasing? Glasses.  I saw one place had them for around a dollar.    The glasses, if one wants to see the eclipse are important...it makes viewing it way easier.   we didn't have to do that.  A welder's helmet will do the same thing.  The Captain loves welding so we had plenty.  Daughter did have a couple pairs I don't know where or how she came by them.

I'm all in favor of seeing these things...God created them so i've no trouble with that.   I also know that he created these things in the heavens for his glory.   In the end times these signs in the  heavens will alert believers into what is happening.   Not to be frightened  but to be assured that God is in control.    Lots of people will be fooled by the spurious messiah that comes first...that is not the Christ.  But in their ignorance and wickedness..they will think he is  some kind of  messiah.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/demonstration-of-gods-glory-in-creation/

As an aside, you should have been here at my house when the whirlpool tech showed up to look at my new washer.   CHEESEANDCRACKERS.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:00 pm

If I didn't know who made the glasses or to what standards...no WAY would I use them on something like this.

Think, China. Think, ethylene glycol in toothpaste; other filth in food packaged there. Think they'll worry about non-complying fake-UV-protection eyewear?

Welder's glasses are all right.

FWIW, when I went to the 2017 eclipse, and iFound my iPhone plan not working out...too bad. Some others offered me those cheap kinds of glasses; I passed.

So I didn't see the eclipse the best (did get photos but they didn't show well with the light compensator). But I've seen everything fine, since.

You only get two eyes in life.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3