Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Try to explain Hollywood.

+7
jirqoadai
Sprintcyclist
Casey Jones
Crusader
vege57
HawkTheSlayer
Lummy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Try to explain Hollywood. - Page 2 Empty Re: Try to explain Hollywood.

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:50 am

Lummy wrote:After these last several years of social, national downward spiral, I still don't know what "woke" means. It just seems like a catch-all term for really stupid ideas that go nowhere and mean nothing, sort of like "pet rocks". I've never actually seen "pet rocks" either, but for awhile people were talking about them.

And now..... we have a whole administration of pet rocks.

Red Lily, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 am

notice no hollywood stars are dying from teh covid vaxx......that's cause they never took it.

but some did.  and look where some of them are.

al roker,, in and out of hospital with pulmonary clots.
bill russell is dead.  Jane Fonda is prepping for death....she says.
brittany spears is whacked.

The others. i don't know who these people are. They're not hollywood slebs i know of.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:46 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Lummy wrote:After these last several years of social, national downward spiral, I still don't know what "woke" means. It just seems like a catch-all term for really stupid ideas that go nowhere and mean nothing, sort of like "pet rocks". I've never actually seen "pet rocks" either, but for awhile people were talking about them.

LOL!
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:01 pm

2cent wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

LOL!

Double LOL!
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:02 pm

@Lummy: "Woke" nearly = "Virtue Signaling."  It refers to companies making business decisions based on whatever the latest, (almost always shallow), popular idea is, rather than basing it on smart economics.

IOW, Appearances over Substance.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:27 pm

2cent wrote:
@Lummy: "Woke" nearly = "Virtue Signaling."  It refers to companies making business decisions based on whatever the latest, (almost always shallow), popular idea is, rather than basing it on smart economics.

IOW, Appearances over Substance.

And the 'woke' believe that they are the only ones who are well informed and aware of the true facts pertaining to societal 'issues' ie everything is racist and if you don't believe in tranny story time for little kids you're transphobic etc. They love those phobic and racist labels. Everything is systemic injustice.

It's minority identity politics gibberish to attempt to force the majority to conform to minority brain spasms and has been politicized and adopted by the left whilst the right is being accused of weaponizing it. Rolling Eyes
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:32 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
Crusader wrote:I've just about cut hollywood out of my life.  I've only been to a theater 2-3 times in the past 4 years.  

I haven't been to a theater in about 22 years.  Initially it wasn't that the movies were bad, or full of sick politics - 1997 was when I started the second half of my wandering life, the busy half (the Navy and bumming across the country, was mostly leisurely.)

But then, Disney, like meat in the sun, started rotting.  And started corrupting and/or buying lesser studios.  No, working on-call, long days, no days off...I couldn't find time or a female companion to hit the movies with, but the dreck that was coming out, made me not want to try.

Now they're done for me.  I do my movie viewing right here - and not with Netflix, either.  There's about four big second-hand stores, Goodwill, YWCA, other charities.  Most of them have Woke signs like "Fighting Racism; empowering women" crap posted, but...I live in cultural Hell.  Deal with it...they have DVD racks, cheap.  And there's plenty of retirees here and they're dying faster, so there's a large assortment.

Once upon a time we had Netflix. Then they went "woke", posted movies that claimed Jesus was gay and that was it for my wife and I. We cancelled our subscription immediately and never went or looked back.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:27 pm

I have Netflix and I just ignore shows that I don't want to watch. Things like that don't even come up in my recommendations of "things you might like to watch" because I don't watch religious shows. I prefer comedies and crime shows.

It's the same for ordinary tv or the movies or any other outlet. Watch what you enjoy and just ignore that which you don't.

I think they're more likely to get the message if you ignore the 'woke' presentations and concentrate on other shows you may like. You can also add a voice by clicking the thumbs down button.

I haven't been to the movies in years but that's just because I prefer watching from home where I can stop/start the movie if I get restless. If I see something I think I might like I DL it and watch it from the comfort of my lounge.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:57 pm

"Woke" is the current equivalent of "Consciousness-Raising" in the 1970s.

Except that it's not. It's indoctrination...same as then, except 10x. It's signing on to the lies - how this nation is raycyst-sexist-bigoted-homophobe-original-source-of-slavery-1619-Project-land-stolen-from-Indigenous-Peoples-Reparations-Gender-is-a-construct....yada yada.

It turns people...not-very-bright people, but those who had been functional in society...turns them into screaming IDIOTS.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2