Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Foods That Are Banned in Other Countries

+4
vege57
2cent
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

American Foods That Are  Banned in Other Countries - Page 2 Empty Re: American Foods That Are Banned in Other Countries

Post by Red Lily Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:34 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Many years ago when I moved to the country I had to drive past the local abattoir and the pitiful screams and smell emanating from the place made me sick to my stomach.  To say nothing of the stories I heard about the vicious and horrible people who worked there and enjoyed their work.

I decided then and there that if I can't raise and humanely kill my own animals for meat I don't deserve to eat it and I turned vegetarian.

I know I still wouldn't be able to kill animals and I do eat meat again but I appreciate where they come from and I go out of my way to buy free range chickens that have been certified humanely killed and are strictly monitored, free range eggs, sow stall free pork etc.

So shove it up your jumper as I'll complain as much as I want.  Razz

From your post alone, you could never kill a utility animal or an approved wild animal at home and humanely process it.
Humane raise, and kill always makes me laugh. It's a crock of shit.

It's like, "we dont have any problem killing our pets because we love them . Then eat them to gather their spirit ".

As you get older, it's harder to realize their purpose.  

I like veggies, but I like meat more!

I fail see see the correlation to what I said.  Don't mock me, Hawk!

No I can't shoot animals but I have no problem with people who can do it for consumption.  I admire that.

There are humane ways to kill animals and then there is just cruelty.  I prefer the former.

You can keep multiple chickens suffering in tiny cages or you can let them peck out on the free range before they are hung up to be strangled.  I prefer the latter.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

American Foods That Are  Banned in Other Countries - Page 2 Empty Re: American Foods That Are Banned in Other Countries

Post by vege57 Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:40 pm

Red Lily wrote:I had to stop watching when I saw the chickens swinging around upside down.  Some of them looked like they were still alive.  Shocked

They were alive, They hang them upside down for a bit, shock them, then cut their throats
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:25 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Many years ago when I moved to the country I had to drive past the local abattoir and the pitiful screams and smell emanating from the place made me sick to my stomach.  To say nothing of the stories I heard about the vicious and horrible people who worked there and enjoyed their work.

I decided then and there that if I can't raise and humanely kill my own animals for meat I don't deserve to eat it and I turned vegetarian.

I know I still wouldn't be able to kill animals and I do eat meat again but I appreciate where they come from and I go out of my way to buy free range chickens that have been certified humanely killed and are strictly monitored, free range eggs, sow stall free pork etc.

From your post alone, you could never kill a utility animal or an approved wild animal at home and humanely process it.

It's like, "we dont have any problem killing our pets because we love them . Then eat them to gather their spirit ".

No I can't shoot animals but I have no problem with people who can do it for consumption.  I admire that.

There are humane ways to kill animals and then there is just cruelty.  I prefer the former.

You can keep multiple chickens suffering in tiny cages or you can let them peck out on the free range before they are hung up to be strangled.  I prefer the latter.

There are no humane ways to kill animals!
I'm not mocking you! Maybe your failure to approve of a free ranging animals death over a caged animal .
It's all the same. It's a phys-op and they all die the same death!

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:39 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I'm not mocking you! Maybe your failure to approve of a free ranging animals death over a caged animal .

Of course they all end up dead but if you can't see the difference between farming versus caging animals for their short lifespans and/or inflicting slow terrifying and tortuous deaths versus fast kills then I have nothing more to say.

It's all the same to you? There are no humane ways to kill animals? Seriously? I thought better of you than that. Live and learn.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:53 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

""There are humane ways to kill animals and then there is just cruelty. ""

A friend of mine raises chickens for Tegal , a 50.000 at a time, not sure of the turn around but somewhere around 11 weeks ,time is needed to sterilize the barns between batches , these are broilers ,Tegal set a high standard of care for these chickens , but I do feel the care element more revolves and the quality of the finished product , When they are ready to go, a load of cheap labour turns up under the cover of darkness jams them into small crates and sends them off to the slaughter house , On occasion it does give me pause for thought when I eat a chicken , their slaughter may be the least inhuman part of their very short lives
vege57
vege57

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:56 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Of course they all end up dead but if you can't see the difference between farming versus caging animals for their short lifespans and/or inflicting slow terrifying and tortuous deaths versus fast kills then I have nothing more to say.

It's all the same to you?  There are no humane ways to kill animals?  Seriously?  I thought better of you than that.  Live and learn.

You know he's not like that R, Sometimes things get skewered in translation . Its the nuances that fry the conversation
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:48 pm

Thanks.
Always nice to hear from other animal lovers.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:39 am

This is why we say Grace at the table before dinner.
Lummy
Lummy

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:45 pm

There is a reason why no one has ever discovered a cave drawing of a salad

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:48 pm

JMWinPR wrote:There is a reason why no one has ever discovered a cave drawing of a salad

American Foods That Are  Banned in Other Countries - Page 2 773625082

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next