Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

+5
Casey Jones
JMWinPR
RV
Crusader
Calypso Jones
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders - Page 2 Empty Re: As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

Post by RV Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:29 am

Crusader wrote:
JMWinPR wrote:OK you two, please 'splain this: God created fire ants. Therefore Fire Ant Therapy (FAT) is an acceptable treatment for these folks.

You both are correct, it is difficult. These words from someone who was persecuted far more than any of us could imagine, "forgive them Father for they know not what they do". And that is very difficult indeed. That is our job as Christians, it is not our job to dish out punishment. However, I do believe it is in the purview of a government to issue punishment up to and including execution. Now as a Christian, do we con

Jesus didn't condemn capital punishment when he was hanging on the cross.

Jesus didn't "condone" capital punishment of the innocent for political reasons.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders - Page 2 Empty Re: As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

Post by Crusader Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:26 am

RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:
JMWinPR wrote:OK you two, please 'splain this: God created fire ants. Therefore Fire Ant Therapy (FAT) is an acceptable treatment for these folks.

You both are correct, it is difficult. These words from someone who was persecuted far more than any of us could imagine, "forgive them Father for they know not what they do". And that is very difficult indeed. That is our job as Christians, it is not our job to dish out punishment. However, I do believe it is in the purview of a government to issue punishment up to and including execution. Now as a Christian, do we con

Jesus didn't "condone" capital punishment of the innocent for political reasons.

He didn't stop his own execution. God doesn't work on our mortal time liine.. He gives us free will and we often pay a price for our disobedience. The same goes for wicked rulers. If they aren't overthrown and executed by the people, they will still face judgment in the next life if they don't make peace with God. Sometimes good people suffer and evil people prosper. Sometimes we need a little character building.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:01 pm

Crusader wrote:
RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:

He didn't stop his own execution.  God doesn't work on our mortal time liine..  He gives us free will and we often pay a price for our disobedience.   The same goes for wicked rulers.  If they aren't overthrown and executed by the people,  they will still face judgment in the next life if they don't make peace with God.   Sometimes good people suffer and evil people prosper. Sometimes we need a little character building.

I can't say what is in your Bible but, mine explains that Jesus could have called 10,000 angels down to His defense IF He had wanted to stop His dying for the whole world. So, no He didn't "stop His own execution".

As far as your comment about: "Sometimes good people suffer and evil people prosper." The Bible says that the rain falls on the just and unjust alike, it does not use that reference with regard to Jesus dying on the cross.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:12 pm

RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:
RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:

He didn't stop his own execution.  God doesn't work on our mortal time liine..  He gives us free will and we often pay a price for our disobedience.   The same goes for wicked rulers.  If they aren't overthrown and executed by the people,  they will still face judgment in the next life if they don't make peace with God.   Sometimes good people suffer and evil people prosper. Sometimes we need a little character building.

I can't say what is in your Bible but, mine explains that Jesus could have called 10,000 angels down to His defense IF He had wanted to stop His dying for the whole world. So, no He didn't "stop His own execution".

As far as your comment about: "Sometimes good people suffer and evil people prosper." The Bible says that the rain falls on the just and unjust alike, it does not use that reference with regard to Jesus dying on the cross.

I think we are saying the same thing. My Bible also says the same thing. Jesus (God) could have called 10000 angels, but he chose not to do so. I brought up Jesus' execution because it was government sanctioned and politically motivated.
Crusader
Crusader

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:55 pm

https://ifapray.org/blog/31-prayer-points-for-president-trump-vice-presdent-harris/

Such good information on how to pray for wicked leaders. You don't have to pray each of the 31 points daily..>>Best to pick one, say the first one..work that into your prayer routine for a week or even a month and then move on to the next point. doing it monthly would ensure a few years of praying for the country. Even weekly is good.

If you need some ideas for how to pray for President Biden and Vice President Harris right now, I wanted to offer a few ideas for how we can pray for the Lord to work this administration out for His highest and best will.

The list below contains 31 prayer points for the Biden/Harris administration. You can pray through these points all at once, or you could take one point per day and focus on just one point of prayer for an entire month. If you pray each month through this list, one point per day, that would be a significant amount of prayer for America and for her leaders!

Are you ready? Let’s pray together:

“Dear Heavenly Father, God of all creation and Maker of Heaven and earth, You who sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, we come before You in Jesus’ name. And Father God, we humbly ask You today:

That President Biden and Vice President Harris would recognize their need for salvation through Christ Jesus if it is not too late for them to be saved; that they would bow the knee to Jesus and receive forgiveness for their sins; and that they would turn and walk the way of righteousness.

That You would put the great Restrainer of evil, the Holy Spirit, into the White House and absolutely bind and prevent any evil from occurring there or being legislated from the American government at any level.

That You would surround them with wise and godly counselors and deliver them from ungodly counselors.

That You would fill them with Your Spirit of Elijah, that You would turn the hearts of the children to the fathers and the fathers to the children—that they would protect, honor, love, and cherish children, both unborn and preborn; and that they would love, cherish, honor, and protect the elderly at all stages of life as well.

That they would see and admit the horror of abortion and would completely turn to fight it instead of to endorse it.
That they would completely outlaw infanticide.

That You would use them to expose and dethrone the worship of all false gods in the USA, and that nationwide revival of the worship of Jesus would occur.

That they would love and cherish freedom, including religious freedom, freedom of speech, freedom to do business, freedom to travel, freedom of the press, the right to bear arms, etc—and that their laws would only protect freedom, not destroy it.

That they would resolve the crisis at our Southern border and not make it worse. That immigrant children at the Southern border would be reunited with their parents, and that trafficked children at the border would be rescued and brought into a place of safety and love, with people who will care for them well.

That all human trafficking would be exposed and brought to justice during this administration, and that both adults and children who are being trafficked would be rescued, saved, and healed.

That You would use President Biden and Vice President Harris to protect and defend the First Nations (Native Americans), which are sovereign nations within our borders—and to right the many wrongs that are being done to them.

That You would use this administration to heal racial division among Americans, not make it worse.

That they would add jobs to America, not destroy jobs; that they would be restrained from making any decisions that would harm Americans, American jobs, and the American economy.

That You would use them to help us steward this earth which You created—but that environmental regulations would be only in agreement with the will and Word of God.

That You would visit them in the night seasons with dreams and visitations that bring wisdom, conviction, warning, the fear of the Lord, and repentance wherever necessary.

That they would not allow terrorists to enter our country, and that they would not call people terrorists who are not.

That they would cease persecuting, labeling, and trying to cancel those who disagree with them.

That all their works, both good and evil, would be exposed and come to light.

That You would fill them with a holy and good spirit of patriotism for the United States of America alone, and that they would put Your will for the United States first in their governmental priorities. We ask that You would prevent them from making any trade deals, treaties, accords, or other decisions that would harm the USA.

That they would love and bless Israel, and that You would use them to protect Israel. Do not allow them to injure or dishonor Israel in any way, for Your Word says you will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. Let us love and serve Israel and bless her, Father, for we desire for this nation to be blessed, not cursed.

That they would have influence only for You, and no influence if they seek to use their influence for evil.

That You would fill them with wisdom from above, which is first pure, then peaceable, willing to yield, and full of mercy and good fruits.

That You would cause them to love righteousness and hate lawlessness.

That You would keep their tongues from evil and their lips from speaking lies.

That they would seek peace and pursue it; that they would not be able to start any additional wars.

That You would fill them with a spirit of honor toward Yourself, toward the American people, toward the American military, toward the Constitution, and toward righteous government.

Give them a holy fear of the Lord. Fill them with Your Spirit of the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom.

Cause them to govern righteously, whether they intend to or not.

Let only words of life proceed out of their mouths. Let them speak words of life to the American people—words that truly unite instead of words of division.

Let them see truth for what it is. Wake them up and give them discernment; cause them to call right “right” and wrong “wrong,” instead of calling down “up” and up “down.”

Bring President Biden, Vice President Harris, the nation of the United States of America, the American government, and the American people into righteousness and justice in all things. Let us walk in the ways of God, speak the words of God, think the thoughts of God, and do the deeds of God—whether we originally intend to do so or not. Change our hearts in the process so that all of America may worship You.
Father God, let Your Kingdom come and Your will would be done in America on earth as it is in Heaven.  We thank You for hearing and answering our prayers—for we pray in agreement with Your will. We love You and ask You daily to show us the answers to our prayers.

Thank You, Father. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.”

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:24 pm

As Christ followers, we absolutely SHOULD pray for government leadership, not the 'wicked' only, as humans are ALL subject to ungodliness and the lure of the devil. The Bible says that 'NONE' are righteous and that 'ALL' have fallen astray. That is why God destroyed the world with the flood. The rainbow is God's promise not to flood the world again but, He does not promise nor claim that humans are righteous, spotless, pure nor sinless.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:05 am

Calypso Jones wrote:If i remember correctly, God gives gov't the job of execution....so that he can do the final judgement.

https://www.gotquestions.org/death-penalty.html

I think God intended us to be under the authority of a Godly gov't. Nothing like what we have now.  but this is nothing compared with what is to come and it seems to be coming at an alarming rate.   Congress just set up a means to prosecute christians for their beliefs just this past week.

Whosoever sheddeth the blood of any man; by man shall his blood be shed.

Punishment is part of government; part of enforcement of laws. And it falls upon the People, in a government Of The People.

I see nothing evil in it. On the contrary, the UNWILLINGNESS to punish, including by forfeiting life, is part of why life has become so cheap, and why disorder and chaos, to homicide, are so much in evidence.

No consequences. Or, more accurately, the danger of being held to account and punished by law, is very slim.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:07 am

I would suggest that those who feel compelled, pray FOR the nation.

Not for the evil, morally-bankrupt, graft-enriched, self-designated Elites that are destroying it. Let their money watch for their souls. We have more pressing needs and affairs.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:57 am

RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:Our Father who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

Maybe I'm reading too much into Jesus' example, but God doesn't want us to hold grudges.  We can be against a politician's agenda and leave the personal vendettas to God, but that doesn't mean that we have to take their abuse of power.

Since our Constitution sets limits for our government and dictates that our government be of the people, we can be more proactive about our government than a citizen of a kingdom.  As long as we don't break the laws of God or our nation, we can do whatever we want to influence our government.

We all struggle with this.  I still hold a grudge against my X.  I try to tell myself that I don't and I try very hard to not act on any grudge I hold.  I think it's one of those things that will take time and prayer.

for Thine is the power, and glory forever and ever Amen.

The Bible says that only the prayers of the righteous shall be heard by the Father so, I would agree that Christians should pray for the "leaders" who in fact have forsaken the very people who put them in office.

The Bible also tells us that the cross is "foolishness to those who are perishing"...

I'm sure you know that there is power in the name of Jesus, power in prayer, power in the Word and power in the Blood of Jesus, but i didn't realize until lately that there is power in Agreement...,meaning if one christians faith is not a strong as anothers that power is increased by joining in prayer with others whose faith is stronger.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:03 am

Just thinking...do you realize the type of govt and the culture at the time Jesus was born into it. I think we think that the time of Jesus' birth was very primitive..after all...he was born in a barn and placed in a manger. But Rome had control of a good part of the world at that time and life was brutal. The roman put no value on human life. Roman entertainment was lewd and vulgar and the arenas were awash with blood for the delight and distraction of the masses.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next